+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    If this is true, I just can't see them chosing Diana unless it's with Charles & Camilla's blessing.
    To me it seems like a bit of a slap in the face to Camilla.
    We just don't know Charles or Camilla's attitude toward William or Harry's respect of their mother. From the way the two of them (W & H) are very vocal about it, I have a feeling C & C are respectfuly and supportive of that.

Diana is gone, nothing but a memory. At this point it's nothing but a name & a bit of history to the royal family.
    I don't think Charles will have a say, the queen might. But C&C stay out of Wills business. Camilla knows that she isn't his mother, she is their stepmother. She has always maintained she would never take the place of their mum. I have read some of the UK papers, and its different over there. But believe what you like I do Diana is gone , but she is never forgotten, definitely not by her boys They really loved her, and likely still do. That's why he bought her into their wedding.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am sure there is protocal on how the children are named. I sure cannot see Prince Andrew and Sarah Fergerson pick Euguenie and Beatrice.
    There's no place like home!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Saw the deejays talking about the death that happened last week. Now, maybe it's just me, but what I saw it seemed more like an SNL skit to me. I just didn't see sincerity. When people cry, there ae usually tears with red eyes, noses turn red and the tissue swell....enough to be noticeable, anyway. What appeared to be the "wet" under the woman's eye looked like it could have been placed there; didn't see any downward tear tracks, at all. It was just a little "too".....if that makes sense. Too staged, if you will.

Another thing came across my mind: People always want to blame somebody when a suicide happens; they need to blame somebody....anybody except the deceased. There are things about this unfortunate demise that people will never know. Is it possible that "somebody else" may know something and will never have to talk about it because the attention is glaring on another person (people), or situation? There is no reason for anyone else to take any kind of heat if they don't have to. It's convenient to stay quiet. Suicides can be very complicated....placing blame can be very easy but not necessarily accurate.

Just speculation.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-10-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I saw an interview with the DJ's -they looked very sad. The guy especially looked like he hadn't slept.Their show is off the air, and the company has said no more prank calls. I am sure they feel its their fault that the nurse is dead. It was a 'team' choice to do this, I am hoping the rest of the 'team' feel as badly as these two
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes the radio dj's calling the hospital pretending to be someone they weren't was in poor taste and really not that funny, but, to pour all this hate and vitriol down on the djs is ridiculous. Seriously who could forsee that someone would kill themselves over a radio prank? When does this ever happen? It wasnt like she was being bullied for months and took herself out, I can see her being embarrassed and not all happy about the deluge of publicity she got over it, but enough for suicide? Enough to leave 2 kids behind?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The point that I am making is that we don't know what has been going on with her for months. We don't know what has been going on "behind closed doors". And people with kids kill themselves all of the time. The only person who knows for sure took that to the grave with her....unfairly, but she did.

Unfortunately, "fair" is not a part of this equation.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't know her, I don't know why she did what she did. I am not going to label her depressed, when I know no such thing
    Florimel likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Actually, impulsive suicide is a recognized category amongst suicides in the psych field and there have been a couple of landmark studies done in the past several years with suicide survivors showing that a surprisingly high percentage of them only contemplated suicide for a brief time before attempting it and that many of those did so based upon what they perceived to be a recent catastrophic event in their lives.

A close friend of mine is a psychologist and I have read the articles in her psych journals and can’t find the full studies online in doing a search, but here is a quote from a psychologist referencing one of the studies and a quote from an online site discussing it:

New research from the University of Western Sydney in Australia suggests that most suicides are not thought out and carefully planned, as many may believe. In fact, most of the people in the study attempted suicide after thinking about it for only a matter of minutes...

“I think the expectation most people have is that the act of suicide, whether it’s successful or not, is something that comes at the end of a long downhill slide…. when in fact, the study seems to be suggesting that for most people, it’s a very impulsive kind of thing that has not been thought about for very long at that particular occasion.”
    – Paul W. Schenk, Psy. D., Clinical Psychologist
    Impulsive Suicide

There is a potential inherent bias in the studies given that people planning suicide for a long time may be more intentional, and therefore more successful, but even taking that into account, the findings in these studies with suicide survivors strongly factually supported the already widely recognized category of impulsive suicide.

And I wanted to add some things to that but I have a lunch meeting, so I'll catch you guys later...
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

As a layperson, I would contemplate that a prank call like the one that was made, would cause the hospital staff member, if they were fooled, a loss of job, bad mark on their professional career and lifetime regret over such public humiliation. This is taking into account the huge love by the public for the young royal couple. I think it is reasonable that the DJ's would have also had that same anticipation. So, knowing that, I would have declined to do the prank based on those anticipations alone.
    Florimel and ness like this.

I heard the female DJ on the radio this morning. I will admit that I don't know her so I don't know whether she is sincere or not. And I do think there are truly callous, heartless people out there in this world. That being said, those people are few and far between. I do think they feel bad about what has happened. I think most of us do, and we weren't even involved. I think they walk a fine line between wanting to express sympathy but not wanting to say something that could be taken out of context if there is a civil suit later on. That is the public response. Privately, I have to believe that these DJs feel terrible. If you have a heart, I don't know how you couldn't.

+ Reply to Thread