+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5271Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    All the names have been supposition I believe. Not that they're going to ask me but I would not want the baby named Diana. Kate already has to wear Diana's engagement ring (a ring from a failed marriage and that doesn't really seem to fit with her personal style), she gets compared to Diana incessantly (including with regards to having a baby in the first place....all the articles about her pregnancy mentioned how long after her marriage Diana got pregnant, the maternity clothes Diana wore etc). It's too
    much; she should be able to have something that is hers.
    I agree, although the baby will have more than one name. I think somehow Francis will factor into his or her name( jmho) but its nice when a grandchild has grandma's name somewhere. I doubt very much if the child is a girl it will be named Diana
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

All the names have been supposition I believe. Not that they're going to ask me but I would not want the baby named Diana. Kate already has to wear Diana's engagement ring (a ring from a failed marriage and that doesn't really seem to fit with her personal style), she gets compared to Diana incessantly (including with regards to having a baby in the first place....all the articles about her pregnancy mentioned how long after her marriage Diana got pregnant, the maternity clothes Diana wore etc). It's too
    CCL . . .

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Frankly, when they got engaged and Kate came out wearing what had been Diana's ring, my skin crawled.

Ewwww!

I can fully understand William wanting to honor his mother and her memory. But, fabulous as that ring is, I've always felt that I, personally, wouldn't've wanted it. Like you, I think there are too many bad memories and ugliness attached to it, for me. I'd've rather picked out my own.

But then again, everybody I know thinks I'm a patented nutcase, anyway, because I wouldn't've wanted that 20-some-odd carat (?) rock that Kim Kardashian got from Kris Humphries, either. I'm sorry, tacky as this might sound, I wouldn't want an engagement ring that I'd have to use a magnifying glass to be able to see the main stone with. I'd rather just have a wedding band, thank you very much.

But, OTOH, I DEFINITELY wouldn't want something I'd feel I'd have to have copied and stored in a bank vault because it's too large, vulgar and over-the-top.

And nope, I wouldn't even want to wear the copy out anywhere, for that matter.

Diana comparisons?

Please.

Kate gets long bangs cut, and here we go with the side-by-side pictures comparing HER bangs to Diana's. She's pregnant? Goody! Let's just trot out the thousands of pictures of Diana in various stages of HER pregnancies, for comparison, shall we? Even though, Kate supposedly hasn't even hit 12 weeks, yet, for God's sake.

Baby name? If it's a girl, I'm willing to BET you her first name will be Diana. If not the first name, then I'll gladly take a bet that out of the four names that she'll most likely wind up with, Diana will be one of them.

God bless Kate.

She must REALLY love her man.
    Last edited by ness; 12-09-2012 at 02:24 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I don't disagree with you. I sort of compare it to the "eggshell plaintiff", legally speaking. That means when you break the law and someone gets hurt, you sort of take them as you get them. For example, if I got into a small fender bender (that normally would result in little or no injury) with someone and it is my fault, and that someone say, has epileptic seizures and has a severe one triggered by the accident. Well, I can be held responsible for what happens. Same situation here. Problem is that it doesn't appear the DJs broke any law, or I'm sure we would be hearing about it now. While they weren't necessarily responsible for her making her decision, at the end of the day, they set a course of events into play that resulted in her death. I think they will absolutely feel heat from this, even if it is only public backlash.
    Quoting myself because I heard a story late last night about this, sort of. Apparently the family is considering a civil suit against the DJs and the radio station. The real issue is proving it was there actions that caused her death. They can also be held responsible for all reasonable and foreseeable consequences of their actions. So then here's my question - was all the backlash and publicity that the nurse was getting foreseeable? What do you all think? My guess is that if a civil suit is filed, it is going to difficult to win. But if they do win, I could totally see a jury going crazy - for the same reason that this whole thing is so disgusting to many of us. Whether a judge would then let it stand is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    This whole thing is such a tragic turn of events. What KM is talking about is somewhat similar to the concept of reckless endangerment and I think legal accountability is a valid point in this situation but a somewhat semantic one because I think the larger issue with regard to this tragedy is what is acceptable on public airwaves in a civilized society. And that’s because these weren’t two private individuals taking on a private prank – they were on public airwaves that are supported by advertising revenue and I strongly believe it is up to people to demand accountability with regard to that and that, if we take that challenge on societally, we will see much less reckless BS on public airwaves -- be it pranks like this or Rush Limbaugh spewing racism against our first African American president in a country with a tragic history of racial violence.
    Agree 100%. If they don't get advertisers and don't have listeners, then they can't do this. By the way, I did hear on the news yesterday that Lexus pulled all its ads of this radio show in the wake of this scandal.

On the name, whether boy or girl, it will be king or queen one day. As such, I will be absolutely shocked if they have a girl and her first name is Diana. I agree that it will probably be in there somewhere. But I am going with Elizabeth if it is a girl, since that is William's grandmother and the queen. Same for boys - it will be a family name of one of the previous kings of England. Just my opinion.

FORT Fogey

On the name, whether boy or girl, it will be king or queen one day. As such, I will be absolutely shocked if they have a girl and her first name is Diana. I agree that it will probably be in there somewhere. But I am going with Elizabeth if it is a girl, since that is William's grandmother and the queen. Same for boys - it will be a family name of one of the previous kings of England. Just my opinion.
    I agree. I think tradition dictates they use a name in the lineage. The queen disliked Diana so that isn't going to happen. I favor Tiffany or Wanda.
    ness likes this.

It's not out of the realm (Tee Hee!) of possibility that if Kate has a girl, her given first name actually COULD be Diana, even if she wound up ruling as QEIII (assuming they'd stick the name Elizabeth in there, somewhere).

Case in point:

QEII's daddy. His given names were Albert Frederick Arthur George. But, when Edward VIII flew the royal coop to be with Mrs. Simpson, that left "Bertie" holding the kingly bag. And the name he chose to rule under (even though his given first name was Albert) was "George". So, that's how he wound up as George VI when he ascended to the throne.

You've made an excellent point about the name Elizabeth, though. Since you've laid it out as you have, I can actually see a girl of theirs having the first name of Elizabeth, rather than Diana, too. And I agree that the name Diana will SURELY be in their somewhere.

But, wouldn't it be a scream, though, if they threw everybody a curve and her first name actually wound up BEING Diana?

Charles and Camilla would probably grind their teeth to stumps over that!!!

Then again, they've CERTAINLY got the ducats to get full sets of implants, so, no worries, there!
    Last edited by ness; 12-09-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I did not think of it this way and I agree with you. I was also talking to someone yesterday who said Diana could be one of the middle names.

Charles and Camilla would probably grind their teeth to stumps over that!!!
    I think they will be fine with whatever Will and Kate choose. Apparently the boys have become very close to Camila, and are fond of her.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think they will be fine with whatever Will and Kate choose. Apparently the boys have become very close to Camila, and are fond of her.
    If this is true, I just can't see them chosing Diana unless it's with Charles & Camilla's blessing.
    To me it seems like a bit of a slap in the face to Camilla.
    We just don't know Charles or Camilla's attitude toward William or Harry's respect of their mother. From the way the two of them (W & H) are very vocal about it, I have a feeling C & C are respectfuly and supportive of that.

Diana is gone, nothing but a memory. At this point it's nothing but a name & a bit of history to the royal family.
    ness likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread