+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5276Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Ridiculous. No doubt, people will blame the deejays for her suicide, but the only person to blame is HER. Sounds like she was probably ill-equipped to handle a lot of things....definitely her job, and who knows what else.
    The first thing I thought was that the deejays will be blamed for it, too. As stupid an idea as it was for them to pull off the prank, it's even harder to believe that the hospital fell for it so easily. Not to mention how scary the thought of people medical information being given out over the phone to complete strangers.

My only guess is that the woman may have had other deep-seated issues she'd been dealing with in her life, and this whole prank situation put her over the edge and she couldn't deal with things anymore. Either way, my heart goes out to her poor family for their loss, especially so close to the holidays.
    ness likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Oh my God.

That poor woman.

I know the royal family is no joke, over there, love or loathe them.

But I can't begin to wrap my mind around the devastation this woman must've felt after she'd put these fools through, then was told or realized later on that it was her who'd put them through to the nurse on Kate's ward.

To take her own life over this?

My God.

I'm sorry, and please excuse me, but now that there has been a loss of life due to this "prank" (even though the lady chose, apparently, to end her life on her own), I HAVE to wonder if there'll be ANYTHING that the Australian radio station and/or the DJs will have to answer for as regards this?

And to think, from what I understand, the male DJ was CONTINUING to parade what they'd done on Twitter. Even AFTER they'd issued an "apology" for what they'd done. IMHO, that sinks to the level of being barbaric.

Topless photos are bad enough, but this . . .
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    The first thing I thought was that the deejays will be blamed for it, too. As stupid an idea as it was for them to pull off the prank, it's even harder to believe that the hospital fell for it so easily. Not to mention how scary the thought of people medical information being given out over the phone to complete strangers.

My only guess is that the woman may have had other deep-seated issues she'd been dealing with in her life, and this whole prank situation put her over the edge and she couldn't deal with things anymore. Either way, my heart goes out to her poor family for their loss, especially so close to the holidays.
    I think these crank, prank calls should stop.I dont think they are funny in the least, and it seems nobody else did. Of course I dont blame the DJ's but I do think they will have some sober second thoughts on ever doing this again.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Sometimes the radio deejay pranks / activities do tend to go a bit too far, leaning toward the irresponsible, and sometimes completely dangerous. I remember the case from a few years back where some radio show put on a contest to win and Xbox or something like that (could be wrong about that), but the whole premise was that whoever drank the most water, won the prize, and a woman ended up dying from drinking too much water in her efforts to win the prize.

Sometimes the radio deejay pranks / activities do tend to go a bit too far, leaning toward the irresponsible, and sometimes completely dangerous. I remember the case from a few years back where some radio show put on a contest to win and Xbox or something like that (could be wrong about that), but the whole premise was that whoever drank the most water, won the prize, and a woman ended up dying from drinking too much water in her efforts to win the prize.
    I don't see the need. If their ratings are that bad, then take them off the air.

Its very sad, I feel for the woman's family.
    Florimel, ness and Coco46 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Ridiculous. No doubt, people will blame the deejays for her suicide, but the only person to blame is HER. Sounds like she was probably ill-equipped to handle a lot of things....definitely her job, and who knows what else.
    shay . . .

I think I touched on, in my post above, that the receptionist/switchboard operator was the one who chose to take her life over this, apparently.

And I have to acknowledge that I, too, wonder about what was going on with her that --- regardless of whether or not she wound up losing her job, etc., over this --- she was SO badly affected by her part in it that she felt it necessary to address her action in this manner.

Still and all, regardless of WHERE in the world this happened, I'm sorry, but I still think/feel that the station, for one, and the DJs --- in particular --- should HAVE to face some sort of consequences for being the catalyst for the whole thing.

If this had been me, you, Jane Doe on the street anywhere in the world, I'd STILL feel this way.

There's joking and pranks, but there's also such a thing as "jokes" and "pranks" that are in poor taste, to begin with. And they're even MORE unfunny when those who started them continue to crow and bleat about them as if they've pulled off the coup of the year.

For a parallel example . . .

My older cousin is legally blind. Let's say she was walking along with her cane, was spotted by some hooligans, teenagers, etc., who thought it'd be funny to snatch her cane, then laugh as she waved around trying to find it. Let's say after laughing, whatever, they eventually threw it back to her. And later on, went around bragging about their "joke" or "prank" to any and everybody they crossed.

I'd be mad as hell, and, honestly, can't say that I wouldn't at least call the police, if not go looking for them, THEN call the police.

What if she'd stumbled and gotten hurt, or blundered into the path of an oncoming car and was seriously hurt, or killed? Either one might possibly have happened.

And if I found out later that there were people who stood around and watched, BUT DID NOTHING TO HELP HER, I'd be even madder. I wouldn't expect one of them to commit suicide over not having done anything to help. But I'd still be reeling if I found out later on that a person who'd watched and done nothing to stop it had been so devastated they'd taken their own life out of shame, guilt, whatever.

I'd STILL want the idiots who snatched her cane in the first place to have to answer for what they did, though.

Just some thoughts.
    Florimel likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    shay . . .

I think I touched on, in my post above, that the receptionist/switchboard operator was the one who chose to take her life over this, apparently.
    According to CNN, the hospital confirmed it was the nurse who took her own life. The nurse was apparently the first one who received the call, then transferred it over the ward where Kate was staying. I'm guessing it must have been the receptionist who picked up the call on that end when the nurse transferred it.

According to CNN, the hospital confirmed it was the nurse who took her own life. The nurse was apparently the first one who received the call, then transferred it over the ward where Kate was staying. I'm guessing it must have been the receptionist who picked up the call on that end when the nurse transferred it.
    Oh my God.

That poor woman's family.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

'ness, you know I love you, but I don't even begin to see how your scenario even compares with the lunacy that went on in GB. I can understand you wanting somebody to pay for what they have done, but we can't control what decisions others make; you and I have a sense of conscience, but that is not, necessarily, normal with all people. We all value different things, even though we think some things should be a given with people who weren't raised by jackals. A lot of times, we cannot control what other people decide to do....that's just a fact of life. Sounds like this woman was extremely fragile, and extremely fragile people don't always do well in this life.
    ness and bee stung lips like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I guess she was a great nurse, & had been with the Hospital for 4 years. She was simply the victim of cruel hoax. Laying blame is murky.I just wish the media was more ethical, did we need to have it replayed over and over and over. I am sure the nurse who committed suicide was ridiculed for falling for this.
    ness and bee stung lips like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread