+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4821Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Given the situation, twins could be both a blessing and a curse. They'd have taken care of the heir and a spare simultaneously, but whichever twin was born first--even if he/she were born only a few minutes earlier--would be the heir and the other the spare. Can you imagine being the kid who missed out on being the heir apparent by just a few minutes and having to grow up in the shadow of your twin?

On the other hand, maybe it's better being the "spare" than the "heir." You still get whatever perks come from being royalty but you don't have the responsibility of knowing you have to be king/queen one day.

Hmmm . . .

Shoepie:

I actually see where you're coming from, with the thought that nothing whatsoever may publicly happen to those DJs. Wouldn't surprise me at ALL to find out that the boss high-fived them behind the closed doors of his/her office for the publicity boost the station got.

Perhaps, though, another angle COULD be that maybe --- and no, I wouldn't lay any money down on this having happened! --- the boss could've/might've chewed them out. If only from the standpoint of what if that'd been a member of HIS/HER family and they pulled a stunt like that?

Possible.

Probably not likely, but possible.

Then again, too, the way William went off about those topless pics of Kate, I'm not at all sure that SOMETHING won't happen to where those idiots will have to answer for this, either.

I think the royals have learned from their missteps, too. What with Harry's romp and Kate's pics, much as they wanted to keep it quiet until she reached a safer point in her pregnancy, they truly realized the position they were in as media targets. So they came clean that she was going in, and why. I believe that's been brought forward before, but, fact is, they STILL could've tried to keep the info on the down-low, it would've leaked ANYWAY, and the chase would've REALLY been on.

FM:

Yep. I have to say that I DO feel for that nurse. She DID sound quite young, so she was probably scared right down to the ground about being the one who refused to give info to one of the "royals". She was damned if she did, or damned if she didn't.

Twins are in BOTH their families? And there's a chance of twins with THIS condition?

Oh, boy.

Well, the Danes survived a doubleheader one or two years ago, so I'm pretty sure the Brits will, too, if it comes to that.

Shay:

So it's possible she might be carrying twins, or a girl, huh?

Tilden:

Yep, getting the "heir and a spare" deal out of the way could be seen as a good deal. I SURE would be happy as a hog in mud if that were me, and I got all the shouting over in one fell swoop, speaking strictly for Yours Truly.

And about being the second twin and fourth in line to the throne?

Me? I think I'd be doing cartwheels of joy all up and down the Buck House corridors, truth be told. I mean, it would be bad enough to be a part of a royal family in the FIRST place. But to add the pressure of being very near the front of the line in the succession train, too?

Oh, HELL, no.

The farther away I could get from the front of the succession line, the more it'd suit me!

Reminds me of a story I heard about Elizabeth II and Margaret (her sister). After Elizabeth had been informed that she would be queen, after her father, Elizabeth told Margaret.

Margaret's response:

"Oh, poor YOU!"
    Last edited by ness; 12-05-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Good Lord, this just gets worse and worse. Who would have thought that someone would make Dina Lohan look good?
    Ariel Winter Case Publicist Claims Mom Tried to Leak Nude Pics of Sister

Ariel Winter's mother recently attempted to leak nude photos of Ariel's sister Shanelle Gray through a Hollywood publicist -- this according to the publicist himself, who could end up playing a critical role in the battle for custody of Ariel.

Jonathan Hay tells TMZ ... Chrystal Workman -- the "Modern Family" star's mother -- contacted him this week, and said she had nude photos of Shanelle she wanted to secretly release to the public.

TMZ broke the story ... a judge awarded Shanelle guardianship of 14-year-old Ariel in October after allegations Chrystal was emotionally and physically abusing Ariel.

Hay claims Chrystal hounded him all week about leaking the pics -- which he says are 8 or 9 years old -- but he refused because he felt like Chrystal was trying to "sell out her daughter" ... and he wanted to help Ariel.

Hay says he's already been contacted by a member of Ariel's legal team -- but adds at this point it's unclear how much of a role, if any, he will play in the case.

Hay says he would have no problem filing a declaration in support of Ariel -- but says he has not been asked to do so yet.

Ariel's case will be back in court on December 10.
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/05/ariel-...-jonathan-hay/
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Given the situation, twins could be both a blessing and a curse. They'd have taken care of the heir and a spare simultaneously, but whichever twin was born first--even if he/she were born only a few minutes earlier--would be the heir and the other the spare. Can you imagine being the kid who missed out on being the heir apparent by just a few minutes and having to grow up in the shadow of your twin?

On the other hand, maybe it's better being the "spare" than the "heir." You still get whatever perks come from being royalty but you don't have the responsibility of knowing you have to be king/queen one day.
    Does anyone know if there has ever been a set of twins in the direct line for King/Queen of England?
    I did some reading on the Royal Lineage going waaaaaayyyyy back, a while ago, & don't remember ever seeing any twins mentioned. Although, the Royal Line had quite a few kinks & turns to it (& a bit of blood-letting).
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

I heard the phone conversation (or at least part of it) between the DJs and the nurse, and had they not said it was real, I would have assumed the whole thing was a skit. That nurse had to be dumb as dirt to accept those really poor imitations as the real voices of the queen and Prince Charles. For that matter, regardless of whether the patient was Katherine or just any other hospitalized person, she ought to have been much more careful about revealing specific information about that person over the phone (unless the privacy rules are different in Great Britain than they are in the U.S.).

Honestly, if I were the nurse, I would have assumed it was a gag. Why would the queen or Prince Charles need to call Kate's nurse to find out how she was? Why in the world wouldn't they just call William? Or Kate's mom? Surely there would be someone closer to the situation who could have filled them in. Or heck, couldn't they have just called or visited Kate herself?

Then there was the guy who thought he could sneak into the hospital in a William mask. Yeah, like no one's going to notice that....Makes me feel a little sorry for everyone else who's in that particular hospital. It sounds like it's getting a little zoo-like, and who needs that when they're trying to recover?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Hmmm . . .

Shoepie:

I actually see where you're coming from, with the thought that nothing whatsoever may publicly happen to those DJs. Wouldn't surprise me at ALL to find out that the boss high-fived them behind the closed doors of his/her office for the publicity boost the station got.

Perhaps, though, another angle COULD be that maybe --- and no, I wouldn't lay any money down on this having happened! --- the boss could've/might've chewed them out. If only from the standpoint of what if that'd been a member of HIS/HER family and they pulled a stunt like that?

Possible.

Probably not likely, but possible.

Then again, too, the way William went off about those topless pics of Kate, I'm not at all sure that SOMETHING won't happen to where those idiots will have to answer for this, either.

I think the royals have learned from their missteps, too. What with Harry's romp and Kate's pics, much as they wanted to keep it quiet until she reached a safer point in her pregnancy, they truly realized the position they were in as media targets. So they came clean that she was going in, and why. I believe that's been brought forward before, but, fact is, they STILL could've tried to keep the info on the down-low, it would've leaked ANYWAY, and the chase would've REALLY been on.

FM:

Yep. I have to say that I DO feel for that nurse. She DID sound quite young, so she was probably scared right down to the ground about being the one who refused to give info to one of the "royals". She was damned if she did, or damned if she didn't.

Twins are in BOTH their families? And there's a chance of twins with THIS condition?

Oh, boy.

Well, the Danes survived a doubleheader one or two years ago, so I'm pretty sure the Brits will, too, if it comes to that.

Shay:

So it's possible she might be carrying twins, or a girl, huh?

Tilden:

Yep, getting the "heir and a spare" deal out of the way could be seen as a good deal. I SURE would be happy as a hog in mud if that were me, and I got all the shouting over in one fell swoop, speaking strictly for Yours Truly.

And about being the second twin and fourth in line to the throne?

Me? I think I'd be doing cartwheels of joy all up and down the Buck House corridors, truth be told. I mean, it would be bad enough to be a part of a royal family in the FIRST place. But to add the pressure of being very near the front of the line in the succession train, too?

Oh, HELL, no.

The farther away I could get from the front of the succession line, the more it'd suit me!

Reminds me of a story I heard about Elizabeth II and Margaret (her sister). After Elizabeth had been informed that she would be queen, after her father, Elizabeth told Margaret.

Margaret's response:

"Oh, poor YOU!"
    Yeah, personally I'd agree with you and Margaret, but twins who were particularly ambitious and/or competitive might view the situation differently, I suppose, especially if one of them felt slighted in favor of the other one. While I'm not a twin, and certainly have no royal ambitions, I don't think I'd like either of my siblings as my monarch, and I suppose it might be even harder to tolerate that if the sibling were very close to you in age--and maybe even identical in appearance so that you were being mistaken for him/her continually.

Also, at the risk of being indelicate, I wonder what would happen if the older twin were, for some reason, simply severely disabled in some way that made it unrealistic to expect that he/she would ever be able to serve as a king or queen? Obviously, I don't mean just being blind or in a wheelchair or something like that but disabled to the point where he/she really wasn't capable of doing everything an active royal is expected to do. I know someone can choose to abdicate the throne, but could someone be eliminated from the line of succession on the grounds that he/she just wasn't ever going to be able to fulfill the role of monarch in any real way?

I heard the phone conversation (or at least part of it) between the DJs and the nurse, and had they not said it was real, I would have assumed the whole thing was a skit. That nurse had to be dumb as dirt to accept those really poor imitations as the real voices of the queen and Prince Charles. For that matter, regardless of whether the patient was Katherine or just any other hospitalized person, she ought to have been much more careful about revealing specific information about that person over the phone (unless the privacy rules are different in Great Britain than they are in the U.S.).
    I think she thought they had been cleared - one nurse would never ever question if this were the royals How could she do that,yes it sounds like a bad imitation on the the TV, but if she were busy, and its different on the phone , well I dont think her dumb, especially if she is in charge of looking after Kate.It didn't sound like the queen, it did sound like stuffy Charles a little
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think she thought they had been cleared - one nurse would never ever question if this were the royals How could she do that,yes it sounds like a bad imitation on the the TV, but if she were busy, and its different on the phone , well I dont think her dumb, especially if she is in charge of looking after Kate.It didn't sound like the queen, it did sound like stuffy Charles a little
    Seems like at the very least the Royals and their security staff would establish a code word or phrase for situations like this ... inform the nurse or whoever answers the phone, so no information would ever be given to anyone else by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Seems like at the very least the Royals and their security staff would establish a code word or phrase for situations like this ... inform the nurse or whoever answers the phone, so no information would ever be given to anyone else by mistake.
    There is a code, the receptionist would/should have that. Plus when the call goes through, they announce it and its scrambled.I was a phone operator, and thats what we had to do.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    People have been saying for years that Halle has got some screws loose. I believe it. She wanted a sperm donor, and thought Gabriel Aubry would fit the bill. She thought he'd just give her his sperm and be on his merry way. But he wasn't going for that, and she's tried everything under the sun to make him look bad and yank him out of their daughter's life.

This latest incident was nothing more than a set up between Halle and her new boy toy, Olivier, to make Gabriel look violent and unfit to be around the his little girl. It's no coincidence that this altercation happened just days after the judge ruled in Gabriel's favour not to let Halle move to France with their daughter.

The brawl apparently ensued when Gabriel went to drop the little girl off at Halle's and he was met in the driveway by Olivier? Pray tell, why in the blue thundering hell was Olivier the one to go out and meet Gabriel in the driveway? He has not business inserting himself in the middle of this. Any sane mother would NEVER allow this, knowing full well there was the potential for disaster. Which leads me to believe it was nothing more than a way for them to provoke Gabriel to anger so they could them claim he's too violent to be around his daughter, thus cutting him out of her life.

Ironic that Halle and Olivier claim Gabriel started the fight, yet all Olivier sustained from Gabriel's alleged attack on him was a scraped knuckle. Meanwhile, the photos that were released of Gabriel after the attack show his face almost unrecognizable, swollen eyes, broken ribs etc. Yet Halle claimed she was "taking no chances" in not getting a restraining order against Gabriel for his attack on Olivier. Puh-leeease! And the fact that Olivier beat Gabriel in the face shows intent, imo. Especially since Olivier knows Gabriel make s living with his looks as a model. Nope, Halle and Olivier, you two arent fooling anyone.

Then they proceed to get a restraining order against Gabriel so that he can no come nowhere near his daughter?? Yet he's the one who suffered the brunt of the attack? Halle is really some piece of work. She claims, "she is taking no chances" in letting "violent" Gabriel around his daughter, yet, she's letting the man who brutally attacked her daugher's father, around the little girl??

Thank God Gabriel has since filed a restraining order against Olivier. Because Halle's and Olivier's story is full of holes. I hope Gabriel proceeds to get a restraining to keep Olivier away from his daughter too.

Oh, and conveniently enough, the security camera didn't capture any of the altercation? Um, okay, then...

God forbid that the little girl saw any of the altercation, or that she sees what mommy's new boyfriend did to her daddy's face.

Poor little girl...
    So true!
    I think they have worked this all out now, but still. It's obvious that Hallie is a trainwreck. Poor kid. AND Dr. Phil has the nerve to defend her and act as if the baby's daddy is the aggressor!!!!!!!!! That made me mad. Dr. Phil is on my my naughty list now!

I wonder why Jon Bonjovi's daughter is not in rehab following her heroin overdose. It's reported by everything I read that she is hold up with her family. Isn't that odd. I mean, even if she refused to go to rehab, couldn't you have her committed due to the overdose?

Jon Bon Jovi's daughter Stephanie, 19, is pictured for the first time following her heroin overdose as she takes Hamptons break with her father | Mail Online
    His daugher looks like she's 40 years old.

+ Reply to Thread