+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

"Malcolm in the Middle Star" Frankie Muniz tweeted today that he suffered a mini-stroke last Friday at the age of 26. How awful!

Frankie Muniz Recovering After 'Mini Stroke' | ABC News - Yahoo! News

FORT Fogey

I can see why they tried to keep it quiet until she was further along, but I can also see why they felt they had to go public with it now that she's needed to be hospitalized, poor thing. It really is the only way for them to try and get the press to back off. It might not work, of course, but I'd like to think that at least some of the press might feel bad enough about her having acute morning sickness to leave her alone while she's recovering--I mean, she is carrying the heir to the throne, and I'd like to think that, in addition to feeling sympathy for her, they wouldn't want to do anything that might endanger her health and thus the health of the heir as well.

I was just thinking what it will be like to be this child. He/she will have what appear to be pretty balanced, happy parents and then a fun, crazy uncle and aunt in Harry and Pippa.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    "Malcolm in the Middle Star" Frankie Muniz tweeted today that he suffered a mini-stroke last Friday at the age of 26. How awful!

Frankie Muniz Recovering After 'Mini Stroke' | ABC News - Yahoo! News
    Wow, and he's only 26.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Not to worry. Lindsay will bump her out of the news. I have faith in that girl.
    bee stung lips and JulieAnn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Congratulations to William and Kate!

I'm sorry she's hospitalized, and I truly hope the press respects her enough to LEAVE HER ALONE.

Am I banking on that?

No.

But, I can hope, anyway.

Happy as this news is, it'd be a damn shame if she couldn't be just left alone to be sick in peace.
    OK.

It's foolishness like THIS that I was referring to . . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-details.html

I really don't give a happy flying rip.

NOBODY --- regardless of whether or not you think Kate's a parasite on the Brit public, not the only woman known to man to ever have had to deal with this, etc. --- deserves this.

And while I know things can and do happen, and nothing is perfect, I'm thinking that whoever it was that gave out the info on Kate might probably want to duck.

Or RUN, right about now.

Damn.

IMHO, this is just insane.

And I'll plead guilty to loving a good laugh.

But, to me, there is nothing even remotely funny about this.
    Last edited by ness; 12-05-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Its ridiculous ness, but I don't think it will stop. I hope Kate is resting, and feels better. The nitwits doing the prank calling, are not worth repeating.

I wonder if she will have twins, an heir and spare in one go.
    ness and libgirl2 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Its ridiculous ness, but I don't think it will stop. I hope Kate is resting, and feels better. The nitwits doing the prank calling, are not worth repeating.

I wonder if she will have twins, an heir and spare in one go.
    Unfortunately, FM, I have to agree with you.

I have no expectation that this kind of craziness with them is going to stop, either.

And, while I realize that William and Kate --- through being born into and having married into the roles that they are in --- will have to face and accept that there are always going to be lunatics that feel they have the right to know what brand of toothpaste they use, etc., this kind of intrusion is just totally unacceptable.

I hope the radio hosts DO lose their jobs.

The nurse? Well, she might need to start looking for another position at another facility, too, I think.

Twins? Wow. That'd REALLY be something!

Talk about taking care of business!

But, let's see what the next few months bring.

Because God knows, we'll SURELY be hearing all about it!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I doubt the radio hosts will lose their job. Their boss probably gave them a high five for a job well done. It is great publicity for the station. The nurse may lose her job, though.

This is the plight of people in the public eye. Had the palace released the details of her illness, none of this would have happened. It is not an earth shaking diagnosis. It happens.

It is a fools errand to try and keep Kate's condition private when the world knew she was admitted to the hospital. Just make an announcement as to why. Secrets only serve to encourage the media to frantically search for the answers.

The whole "royalty" thing is archaic and nuts, just sayin'.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-05-2012 at 01:13 PM.

The nurse sounded very young .Even if she thought it was a prank, wouldn't she feel silly asking if this really was the Royals . The DJ's feel silly, and some people have taken a stand against them

I dont think they kept it a secret, the reason they said what she had was because she was IN the hospital.Its not nuts, the media OTOH are

Twins? Wow. That'd REALLY be something
    ness- Twins are in their familes, and small percentage of people that have what Kate does, have multiple births
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The articles say it happens with multiples and girls, more commonly.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread