+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I'm happy for them too. They both seem like really nice people despite the roles they have been cast into. God bless them both.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    It's official. Prince William and Kate Middleton expecting their first child. Kate is in the hospital with acute morning sickness. Best wishes to them both!Prince William and Kate Middleton Expecting First Child - Yahoo!
    I was fortunate enough to never suffer from morning sickness, acute or mild, in my pregnancies, so I can't help but wonder --- can it really be bad enough to require hospitalization?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I was fortunate enough to never suffer from morning sickness, acute or mild, in my pregnancies, so I can't help but wonder --- can it really be bad enough to require hospitalization?
    Yes. I had a relative with this same thing and she was hospitalized because she couldn't keep anything down. If she didn't get medical attention she would have started to lose weight and suffer from dehydration.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

yes you can get deathly sick. Endangering the mother's life as well as the baby. I was deathly ill with my child. I had to be hospitalized twice just for fluids as I couldn't keep anything down and I lost 20 lbs. I didn't have the weight to begin with.

Here's hoping the horrid British press leaves her alone....as much as they're able to anyway. I also hope her morning sickness goes away soon. I'm sure she's just miserable.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    When I was in college, one of my classmates had to drop out of the medical program we were in as she had such bad morning sickness and was in and out of the hospital to the point she missed too many classes.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Congratulations to William and Kate!

I'm sorry she's hospitalized, and I truly hope the press respects her enough to LEAVE HER ALONE.

Am I banking on that?

No.

But, I can hope, anyway.

Happy as this news is, it'd be a damn shame if she couldn't be just left alone to be sick in peace.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good grief! I wish she had HAD the baby after a full-term healthy pregnancy, instead of us having to be subjected to the day-by-day, minute-by-minute watch that we are about to be subjected to for the next million months. This is going to be television torture!

This subject really needs its own thread. Didn't the royal wedding get its own?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Good grief! I wish she had HAD the baby after a full-term healthy pregnancy, instead of us having to be subjected to the day-by-day, minute-by-minute watch that we are about to be subjected to for the next million months. This is going to be television torture!

This subject really needs its own thread. Didn't the royal wedding get its own?
    I agree, she is what 12 weeks and all the media are camped out. Its going to be very very very long pregnancy ( sigh)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread