+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    General thoughts, opinions and observations . . .

HALLE & CO . . .

First off, bee, I'm so sorry for your childhood experience. So very sorry. It's no wonder to me why you still have flashbacks to this day when two men get into an argument and start fighting. Children see, hear and retain a WHOLE lot more than any adult can even begin to imagine. And yes, I've always happened to be one who was of the mindset that negative experiences we witness/are involved in when we are very young children actually CAN and DO stay with us for our lifetimes.

On the whole, my feelings/opinions tend to skew toward what bee and Jo have posted, above.

After her Eric Benet divorce, I clearly remember seeing/hearing Halle being interviewed (by Oprah, I think) and stating that after Benet, she would "never marry again". But, I also seem to recall her saying that she wanted a baby, and that you didn't have to be married and have a father around to have a baby and be a parent.

Not too long after that, enter Gabriel Aubry.

Not too long after THAT, along comes Nahla.

Not too long after THAT --- while she and Aubry were still together --- she said something to the effect of the both of them having the mindset that marriage and parenting didn't always have to go hand-in-hand, and they were happy with their status quo at that time. Which was unmarried co-parents, IIRC.

Not too long after THAT, Gabriel --- for whatever reason --- is out the/her door, and the custody circus begins.

Not too long after that, up pops Olivier Martinez. Then, eventually, there's a ring and he's her fiance.

(Now, WHAT was that she said earlier about she would "never marry again"?)

Uh-huh.

I DO happen to come down on the side of bee's "blue thundering hell" (LOVED THAT!) question about just WHY it was that Martinez inserted himself into the handover on Thanksgiving Day, when that had NEVER (apparently) been the case? At least it apparently hadn't PRIOR to Halle losing her bid just a couple or so days earlier to be allowed to take her and Aubry's daughter out of the country to France to be raised there permanently.

Uh-huh.

OK.

I also happen to agree with Jo: Why hasn't the court appointed a mediator for this mess, yet? I'm no lawyer or judge, by ANY stretch of anyone's imagination, but the overlooking of that oh-so-obvious, logical move has me flummoxed.

Yep, I think Halle and Martinez set Aubry up. Yep, whether or not HE physically attacked Martinez FIRST, Aubry didn't do himself any favors by not just turning around and walking away when OM showed up for the handover in the FIRST place, THEN started mouthing off --- allegedly --- in the SECOND place (and yep, I believe he started mouthing off and said a WHOLE lot more than just: "We need to move on."). Halle KNEW a lot about GA, knew how she could play and push him over the edge, and he obliged her. Having said that, in the next breath, I can also understand GA being on simmer for so long, then going up to a full, roaring boil when OM showed his face, approached GA, then opened his mouth.

And, frankly, looking at Aubry's face, I think it's MORE than reasonable to believe that destroying GA's method of making a living was in/on OM's mind.

And she can deny it from now 'til the Second Coming, my personal take on it IS that Halle and OM set up GA for a fall, and GA bit the bait.

And, most importantly, that little girl is going to wind up with real issues going on, JUST like her mom. OK. I'll try to step back and take a look and say that maybe Halle DID grab Nahla and take off running when blows started to be exchanged. But, truly, BEFORE she grabbed the child and took off, how much did that child see/hear of that brawl that resulted in her father looking like he'd been shoved through a Roto Rooter?

Yep, I think Halle thought she was just going to get a sperm donor in GA that would just quietly fade into the background when SHE wanted him to.

But she met her Pa drunk on THAT one, because she hadn't factored into her equation that her lover MIGHT just want to be MORE than Halle's sperm donor, and actually love his child and WANT to be involved in her life.

JESSICA SIMPSON . . .

Gotta give it up to 'em . . . That little Maxwell IS a gorgeous child.

Having said that, I'm now curious to know if anybody'd ever sat her, him or THEM down and bothered to explain HOW situations like this occur?

Just a question.

In the meantime, she'll have fun eating her way up the scales, again, I suppose.

And watching the pounds pour off as she trots after two toddlers, maybe.

Good Luck to her!

LINDSAY LOHAN . . .

*ness sighs, shakes head.*

I WISH I could say I'm surprised by her latest escapade.

If I did, though, I'd be lying through my teeth.

Personally, MHO is that the best thing for her right about now might possibly be a significant amount of time as a guest in the Graybar Hilton.

I'm ashamed to admit that I actually TRIED to watch "Liz and Dick".

Couldn't even make it 15 minutes.

Frankly, I can't BLAME Elizabeth's family for being royally pissed.

Maybe La Lohan was a (good) actress at one point.

But --- based on the very little of that movie that I managed to sit through --- you sure couldn't prove that.

JMHO.

Excellent and very thorough post with very good points!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Honestly, the Halle fiasco, I think they are all to blame. I don't understand why the court hasn't appointed a mediator. My niece was appointed one because her ex didn't want to see her when she got visitation. The official would pick up my nephew and drop him off. The parents had no contact at all. At least not in person. I just think they all need to pull their big girl panties up and act like adults. I also think Halle needs to give up on moving her daughter to France. It's not fair to the father and the press is just an excuse. Lot's of celebrities (bigger celebs than Halle) manage to shield their children just fine.
    I see Halle & her kid in the gossip rags every week...it's a toss-up between her, Gwen Stefani, Katie Holmes, and Jennifer Garner on whose kids get paraded in front of the cameras the most. Those pathetically fake so-called candid shots, where everyone just happens to be dressed nicely and the kids are getting ice cream or pushed on the swings. She courts publicity just like most of 'em do, they just use their kids to get the paps running to them. If she didn't want her kid's face in the press she could maybe ask someone like Jodie Foster for advice - I don't think I've seen Foster's kids pics more than once. I have no use for Michael Jackson alive or dead and his methods were pretty unorthodox, but no one saw his kids either.

I didn't have an amicable divorce myself, in fact you could call it the exact opposite of amicable. Only good thing was that I didn't have kids with him, but if I had they would have seen plenty. It takes two to fight but just one to bring the crazy and the violence.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It is such a blessing when you don't have children with someone you end up divorcing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    It takes two to fight but just one to bring the crazy and the violence.
    From my own experience, it isn't always that way. When you are on the receiving end of the attack, you can't always just ignore it or walk away. And bringing up not arguing in front of the kids only angers the attacker more.

For many years my story was attack-defend, attack-defend, attack-defend, with me being the defend every single time. If I tried to ignore, it only made him mad. Then he'd degenerate into vile, cruel & often foul name calling. At that point all I could do is keep dead quiet & let him rant & rage with outlandish accusations & names until he got tired & quit, which often took well over an hour. He had no qualms about doing this in front of the children. He WANTED them to hear "what their mother was". Often this was after a drinking binge when he was just itchin' for a fight. He didn't get one, so he went into a verbal rage to humiliate me.

I couldn't keep it away from the children unless I just left the house for an hour or so. The problem with this is that if I did that they were left with an angry drunken lunatic. He never would have allowed me to take them with me.

It didn't take two to fight. Just one lunatic & one victim, unless you count the kids. In which case the victim count increases.

Yeah, I had a jewel.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 11-30-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    prhoshay likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Guilianna Rancic's hair looks fabulous shorter and blunt cut! On Fashion Police she criticized a celebrity for having that long look she just got rid of, in fun.

I am so tired of seeing the vast majority of celebrities sporting the exact same hair style. Those long curls reaching to their breasts and beyond is old news; the all look alike.
    prhoshay and bee stung lips like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I haven't seen Rancic's new haircut, but I never thought that long, straight, parted-in-the-middle 'do was, at all, complimentary on her. That "look the same" haircut/hairstyle puts the women all on Team Mediocre. Big yawn.

Miss Scarlett, I am all too familiar with staying quiet to let Mr. Mouth run out of steam. Fortunately, my problem was not propelled by alcohol. And them doing that in front of your children....they knew that it was one of the ways that they could really hurt you. I can't tell you how many times I remember thinking, "I really HATE you,".....and I did. Actually, Mr. Mouth hardly did it in front of our son but, when he did, he'd say (after I'd ask him to not let our son hear him), "He needs to know what's going on around here." Nasty, nasty man. Any time, at all, was too much; our son was 6 years old. Getting my son and I out of there was the BEST thing I ever did; my son had no qualms about leaving, either. When the day came that I had to tell our son that I was moving out, he said (with a quickness) "I'm going with you!!". I had been concerned as to how he would take the news, but I learned I had nothing to worry about. It wasn't long after we moved out that he told me that he came to ME for the truth. Spoke volumes. I did the right thing.

Like Dr. Phil says, "Kids would rather be FROM a broken home than LIVE in one."

And, Miss Scarlett you're right.....it does not, necessarily take 2 to argue, and 1 to bring the crazy.
    BlondeOne likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Guilianna Rancic's hair looks fabulous shorter and blunt cut! On Fashion Police she criticized a celebrity for having that long look she just got rid of, in fun.

I am so tired of seeing the vast majority of celebrities sporting the exact same hair style. Those long curls reaching to their breasts and beyond is old news; the all look alike.
    Especially when half the time , the hair is those long extensions. I dont mind them on someone younger, but when they are older, we all know hair isn't that thick or heavy. I understand some people feel unhappy when their hair is not good (I have bad hair days) but all this fake hair is boring

I will have to take a look at Giuliana's hair
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    From my own experience, it isn't always that way. When you are on the receiving end of the attack, you can't always just ignore it or walk away. And bringing up not arguing in front of the kids only angers the attacker more.

For many years my story was attack-defend, attack-defend, attack-defend, with me being the defend every single time. If I tried to ignore, it only made him mad. Then he'd degenerate into vile, cruel & often foul name calling. At that point all I could do is keep dead quiet & let him rant & rage with outlandish accusations & names until he got tired & quit, which often took well over an hour. He had no qualms about doing this in front of the children. He WANTED them to hear "what their mother was". Often this was after a drinking binge when he was just itchin' for a fight. He didn't get one, so he went into a verbal rage to humiliate me.

I couldn't keep it away from the children unless I just left the house for an hour or so. The problem with this is that if I did that they were left with an angry drunken lunatic. He never would have allowed me to take them with me.

It didn't take two to fight. Just one lunatic & one victim, unless you count the kids. In which case the victim count increases.

Yeah, I had a jewel.
    Oh no, I get it, trust me. That's not a fight. I was speaking in regards to the Berry/Aubry custody fight.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

It's official. Prince William and Kate Middleton expecting their first child. Kate is in the hospital with acute morning sickness. Best wishes to them both!Prince William and Kate Middleton Expecting First Child - Yahoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    It's official. Prince William and Kate Middleton expecting their first child. Kate is in the hospital with acute morning sickness. Best wishes to them both!Prince William and Kate Middleton Expecting First Child - Yahoo!
    I am happy for them. She has acute morning sickness. Not fun.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread