+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Honestly, the Halle fiasco, I think they are all to blame. I don't understand why the court hasn't appointed a mediator. My niece was appointed one because her ex didn't want to see her when she got visitation. The official would pick up my nephew and drop him off. The parents had no contact at all. At least not in person. I just think they all need to pull their big girl panties up and act like adults. I also think Halle needs to give up on moving her daughter to France. It's not fair to the father and the press is just an excuse. Lot's of celebrities (bigger celebs than Halle) manage to shield their children just fine.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeOne View Post
    Lindsey Lohan was arrested again last night in New York. She allegedly punched a lady in a night club.

Lindsay Lohan arrested in NYC: Tempts fate yet again - Hartford Pop Culture | Examiner.com
    She is out of control, and has been for sometime ( sigh)
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeOne View Post
    Lindsey Lohan was arrested again last night in New York. She allegedly punched a lady in a night club.

Lindsay Lohan arrested in NYC: Tempts fate yet again - Hartford Pop Culture | Examiner.com

Go away, loser.
    BlondeOne likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Go away, loser.
    Sadly, I think that's what will happen to her.As much as I am tired of hearing about her, I really hope she gets some real help

Honestly, the Halle fiasco, I think they are all to blame. I don't understand why the court hasn't appointed a mediator. My niece was appointed one because her ex didn't want to see her when she got visitation. The official would pick up my nephew and drop him off. The parents had no contact at all. At least not in person. I just think they all need to pull their big girl panties up and act like adults. I also think Halle needs to give up on moving her daughter to France. It's not fair to the father and the press is just an excuse. Lot's of celebrities (bigger celebs than Halle) manage to shield their children just fine.
    I like what Dr Phil says, when you argue in front of a child, it changes who they are. That's very true .Beating up someone on the driveway takes it to a whole new level imnsho
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like what Dr Phil says, when you argue in front of a child, it changes who they are. That's very true .Beating up someone on the driveway takes it to a whole new level imnsho
    I have to say I do agree, sometimes it changes one for the better, sometimes for the worse. My ex and his now ex-wife had some very volatile fights and I think my son might have seen them. He is always telling us to "stop arguing" when my husband and I have a loud "discussion" and gets upset. We try to explain to him that we still love each other and it is normal to fight... and our fights are normal, but he isn't see it as that. Maybe he is afraid we will get divorced? My ex and I did fight but I was always careful to not do it around my son and for the most part we didn't. Mostly we just didn't talk.... My son is 18 and it still gets to him.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Years ago, when I was just four or five years old and we lived in an apartment building, my mom had a friend who lived across the hall, and my mom's friend's children and I used to play together. Anyway, the friend had man issues and lots of drama. She was dating a new(er) man but still had drama with her previous man (an alcoholic) who kept resurfacing all the time. This one day I was across the hall at her house playing with her daughter and the previous man showed up at her apartment when the new man was there and a fight ensued. Us kids were in the bedroom playing Barbie dolls and heard the commotion doing on out in the living room and came out of the bedroom to the sight of my mom's friend caught in the middle of the two men who were throwing punches at each other, and she was trying to stop them from fighting. She ended up getting knocked to the floor, and her dress got ripped, for her troubles (hell, I even remember the color of the dress she was wearing...too weird!). I vividly remember one man (can't remember which one) socked the other man in the face so hard it knocked him down and he fell on the coffee table and broke it in half and they both ended up with bloody faces, the cops were called etc. I can't tell you how frightening it was to us little four year olds to see two grown men caught in such a violent exchange. It scared me to death and that image of them fighting was frozen in my mind for a long time afterward, to the point where whenever an argument breaks out between two men, I have flashbacks. Seriously, when two strong men are throwing punches regardless of who started it or not, I just don't want to be around, 'cause things can get really bloody, and fast.

So I can only pray to God little Nahla never saw the fight...because I can imagine how much it would have frightened her and stuck in her impressionable mind.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post

So I can only pray to God little Nahla never saw the fight...because I can imagine how much it would have frightened her and stuck in her impressionable mind.
    From all accounts, Halle got her away from that situation within seconds, so hopefully she didn't see much, if anything.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post

From all accounts, Halle got her away from that situation within seconds, so hopefully she didn't see much, if anything.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Lets hope so, seeing as all security footage is not available
    -Andy Rooney-

General thoughts, opinions and observations . . .

HALLE & CO . . .

First off, bee, I'm so sorry for your childhood experience. So very sorry. It's no wonder to me why you still have flashbacks to this day when two men get into an argument and start fighting. Children see, hear and retain a WHOLE lot more than any adult can even begin to imagine. And yes, I've always happened to be one who was of the mindset that negative experiences we witness/are involved in when we are very young children actually CAN and DO stay with us for our lifetimes.

On the whole, my feelings/opinions tend to skew toward what bee and Jo have posted, above.

After her Eric Benet divorce, I clearly remember seeing/hearing Halle being interviewed (by Oprah, I think) and stating that after Benet, she would "never marry again". But, I also seem to recall her saying that she wanted a baby, and that you didn't have to be married and have a father around to have a baby and be a parent.

Not too long after that, enter Gabriel Aubry.

Not too long after THAT, along comes Nahla.

Not too long after THAT --- while she and Aubry were still together --- she said something to the effect of the both of them having the mindset that marriage and parenting didn't always have to go hand-in-hand, and they were happy with their status quo at that time. Which was unmarried co-parents, IIRC.

Not too long after THAT, Gabriel --- for whatever reason --- is out the/her door, and the custody circus begins.

Not too long after that, up pops Olivier Martinez. Then, eventually, there's a ring and he's her fiance.

(Now, WHAT was that she said earlier about she would "never marry again"?)

Uh-huh.

I DO happen to come down on the side of bee's "blue thundering hell" (LOVED THAT!) question about just WHY it was that Martinez inserted himself into the handover on Thanksgiving Day, when that had NEVER (apparently) been the case? At least it apparently hadn't PRIOR to Halle losing her bid just a couple or so days earlier to be allowed to take her and Aubry's daughter out of the country to France to be raised there permanently.

Uh-huh.

OK.

I also happen to agree with Jo: Why hasn't the court appointed a mediator for this mess, yet? I'm no lawyer or judge, by ANY stretch of anyone's imagination, but the overlooking of that oh-so-obvious, logical move has me flummoxed.

Yep, I think Halle and Martinez set Aubry up. Yep, whether or not HE physically attacked Martinez FIRST, Aubry didn't do himself any favors by not just turning around and walking away when OM showed up for the handover in the FIRST place, THEN started mouthing off --- allegedly --- in the SECOND place (and yep, I believe he started mouthing off and said a WHOLE lot more than just: "We need to move on."). Halle KNEW a lot about GA, knew how she could play and push him over the edge, and he obliged her. Having said that, in the next breath, I can also understand GA being on simmer for so long, then going up to a full, roaring boil when OM showed his face, approached GA, then opened his mouth.

And, frankly, looking at Aubry's face, I think it's MORE than reasonable to believe that destroying GA's method of making a living was in/on OM's mind.

And she can deny it from now 'til the Second Coming, my personal take on it IS that Halle and OM set up GA for a fall, and GA bit the bait.

And, most importantly, that little girl is going to wind up with real issues going on, JUST like her mom. OK. I'll try to step back and take a look and say that maybe Halle DID grab Nahla and take off running when blows started to be exchanged. But, truly, BEFORE she grabbed the child and took off, how much did that child see/hear of that brawl that resulted in her father looking like he'd been shoved through a Roto Rooter?

Yep, I think Halle thought she was just going to get a sperm donor in GA that would just quietly fade into the background when SHE wanted him to.

But she met her Pa drunk on THAT one, because she hadn't factored into her equation that her lover MIGHT just want to be MORE than Halle's sperm donor, and actually love his child and WANT to be involved in her life.

JESSICA SIMPSON . . .

Gotta give it up to 'em . . . That little Maxwell IS a gorgeous child.

Having said that, I'm now curious to know if anybody'd ever sat her, him or THEM down and bothered to explain HOW situations like this occur?

Just a question.

In the meantime, she'll have fun eating her way up the scales, again, I suppose.

And watching the pounds pour off as she trots after two toddlers, maybe.

Good Luck to her!

LINDSAY LOHAN . . .

*ness sighs, shakes head.*

I WISH I could say I'm surprised by her latest escapade.

If I did, though, I'd be lying through my teeth.

Personally, MHO is that the best thing for her right about now might possibly be a significant amount of time as a guest in the Graybar Hilton.

I'm ashamed to admit that I actually TRIED to watch "Liz and Dick".

Couldn't even make it 15 minutes.

Frankly, I can't BLAME Elizabeth's family for being royally pissed.

Maybe La Lohan was a (good) actress at one point.

But --- based on the very little of that movie that I managed to sit through --- you sure couldn't prove that.

JMHO.
    MiaT2 and bee stung lips like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread