+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4633Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I just do not get my tail in a knot about anyone in the public eye. These are people creating their own lives and it is their business. Not for me to judge. That said I cannot stand Brad Wolmak!!!!!
    Florimel and BlondeOne like this.

I cannot get worked up about Lohan ( again).

I am sure half the time its to keep her in the limelight. I guess the reviews on Liz and Dick are not good- no big surprise there( yawn)
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I was a flight attendant from 1965 to 1972. I had Elizabeth Taylor and her people on several flights (TWA). First let me say her eyes are not violet. They are a beautiful blue but the purple bit is just ridiculous. She was very aloof, removed and quite full of herself, not unlike Lindsay. She did not want to interact with me at all. Her people told me what drink and food she wanted. It was that old Hollywood scene that you must remain movie royality whenever in public. That is exactly how Lindsay is behaving now! No wonder she was chosen for that role. It is uncanny.

Back then young Hollywood stars were given speed to help them with the long days of filming and sleeping pills to come down. Thus Eliz and Judy being very fricked up. They never recovered and in defense that is not their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I looked for any other info on him as well and there's no mention of him creating the character. He was the voice of Elmo for something like 28 years, but I can't find anything that credits him with creating the character.

I hate to hear stories like this because I feel like it gives homophobes the idea that every gay man is a pedophile, when the majority of men who are pedophiles are straight and married (often with families too, scarily enough).
    I really don't think that happens that much. The problem with people like homophobes or any "anti-whatever" that discriminates against someone cruelly, is that they'll use whatever they hear, true or not....just because they can. They'll find ammunition in any way they can.
    Scummy people are always trying to scam people in the public eye...mostly for money...this guy and probably the other too will be shown to be the low-lifes they truly are and disgusting mean people will continue to be that way.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I was a flight attendant from 1965 to 1972. I had Elizabeth Taylor and her people on several flights (TWA). First let me say her eyes are not violet. They are a beautiful blue but the purple bit is just ridiculous. She was very aloof, removed and quite full of herself, not unlike Lindsay. She did not want to interact with me at all. Her people told me what drink and food she wanted. It was that old Hollywood scene that you must remain movie royality whenever in public. That is exactly how Lindsay is behaving now! No wonder she was chosen for that role. It is uncanny.

Back then young Hollywood stars were given speed to help them with the long days of filming and sleeping pills to come down. Thus Eliz and Judy being very fricked up. They never recovered and in defense that is not their fault.
    Wow very fascinating story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Any so called star these days acts this way, not just Lindsay. My niece is a make up artist , and has said they all act up. Just take away Lindsay's name and put in another. It wasn't so long ago Paris Hilton was acting this way. I still think she was the wrong person to play Liz, her accent, and her voice are lousy
    Florimel likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can't think of anything I'd like to do LESS than to watch the Liz & Dick movie.
    Florimel, Shoepie and Coco46 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Can't think of anything I'd like to do LESS than to watch the Liz & Dick movie.
    Watch one where Lohan plays Liz.
    -Andy Rooney-

I may watch the Liz & Dick movie for the train wreck factor.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Judy was also given "diet pills" when she was just a teenager, because they thought she was getting chunky. The diet pills were, of course, amphetamines, but again, she had no idea that they were. Back then, the studio system might protect you from some bad publicity but it also controlled your life--and teenage girls can be eager to please. Judy really wasn't likely to question anything she was given.

A similar thing happened with the steroid scandal with East German women swimmers back in the day. They were told they were being given vitamin supplements--and naturally, if you wanted to stay with the team, you did not question that. A number of their swimmers were seriously screwed up physically by the massive doses of steroids they took without their knowledge.

+ Reply to Thread