+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5012Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This guy was MORE than the voice of Elmo....he CREATED Elmo, didn't he?
    I haven't seen that he created him, he voiced him, he acted him.... that is all I'm seeing.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I looked for any other info on him as well and there's no mention of him creating the character. He was the voice of Elmo for something like 28 years, but I can't find anything that credits him with creating the character.

I hate to hear stories like this because I feel like it gives homophobes the idea that every gay man is a pedophile, when the majority of men who are pedophiles are straight and married (often with families too, scarily enough).
    Shoepie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I don't even know why they bother with all of this court stuff, going to jail, getting out because of over-crowding. It is just a big waste of money. The court has given her way too many chances, this probation stuff is still going on from 2007. Sheesh.

Lindsay's rock bottom will be a serious OD or death. Despite all of her legal problems, drug problems and the like, she still gets hired to do projects. The few days in jail will never seem like a consequence to her.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Yes, i agree there are just as much drugs in jail as out of jail. There are also support groups for those who want to change. She will probably only be in there 4 hours anyways. I also agree and know as fact that until she wants to get better she never will. I think this is all a little personal for me because I know so many that need help desperately, that actually WANT the help and can't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I hate to hear stories like this because I feel like it gives homophobes the idea that every gay man is a pedophile, when the majority of men who are pedophiles are straight and married (often with families too, scarily enough).
    I have to agree. Being gay doesn't automatically make you a pedophile, sadly its perceived that way. Most pedophiles are married for the cover.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Not to mention that he isn't a pedophile. Pedophilia is characterized by a sexual interest in prepubescent children - that does not describe 15 or 16 year olds.
    Shoepie likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I googled 'creator of Elmo' and came back with repeated references to Kevin Clash. I believe I had seen a documentary on him and had learned that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

From Wikipedia:
    The puppet was performed by Caroll Spinney in the early 1970s, Brian Muehl from 1979 to 1981, and Richard Hunt from 1981 to 1984. Sans continues that "...one day [in 1984], Kevin Clash, a talented puppeteer, raised him up and brought energy and life into Elmo and from that day forward we would all write for Elmo. Kevin's performance inspired the writers to develop Elmo's character".
    Since Kevin Clash was born in 1960, it doesn't seem likely that he was the creator
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I agree you can't force anyone to get treatment and with the family she has its even worse.
    You can force someone to get treatment. You just can't force someone to work at treatment and recovery, and unless they do, all the treatment in the world will not help.
    BlondeOne likes this.

FORT Fogey

I looked for any other info on him as well and there's no mention of him creating the character. He was the voice of Elmo for something like 28 years, but I can't find anything that credits him with creating the character.

I agree. Just heard on the news the accuser recanted. He got fired anyway.

+ Reply to Thread