+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3895Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

What kind of help would you like to have her get in jail? I am not trying to be sarcastic, but most jails do not have programs for inmates because of budget restraints.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

No one gets help in jail or prison. It is one of the best places to score drugs, as well. No one can help Lindsay; she has to want help for any program to work.

The law should treat her like any other offender. Certainly the time has come.
    NCLurker and Florimel like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    No one gets help in jail or prison. It is one of the best places to score drugs, as well.
    This has got to be all a part of the push to decriminalize drug use. These people are sick and need treatment other than confinement. I must say, I don't disagree, but we've got to be super-serious abut REAL treatment....not that "pretend" couple-of-weeks stuff that they pass off for treatment.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This has got to be all a part of the push to decriminalize drug use. These people are sick and need treatment other than confinement. I must say, I don't disagree, but we've got to be super-serious abut REAL treatment....not that "pretend" couple-of-weeks stuff that they pass off for treatment.
    It is really up to each individual how serious they are about recovering. This is not a government issue. You can lead a horse to water.....

The problem lies in corruption in the prison system. Guards, prison administrators, etc. Drugs cannot get into a prison without the cooperation of prison officals. It is all about money.
    Florimel likes this.

Makes sense to me!
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree you can't force anyone to get treatment and with the family she has its even worse.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

this keeps getting worse... I don't care if he is gay, but this is sick. I wonder how many more will come out with stories. I know innocent until proven guilty, but still....

Voice of Elmo Kevin Clash quits 'Sesame Street' as second man makes underage sex claims | Fox News
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

This guy was MORE than the voice of Elmo....he CREATED Elmo, didn't he?

The problem for Lindsay is that you can't "cure" self-entitlement and a lack of conscience with another stint in jail or rehab.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The problem for Lindsay is that you can't "cure" self-entitlement and a lack of conscience with another stint in jail or rehab.
    Herein lies Lindsay's problem. And the fact that her mother holds her up in all of her wrongdoings while continuing to deny there's even anything wrong with only serves to make the situation worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread