+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

  1. #7351
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,513

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Tommy Lee Jones & Sam Elliot
    Either of them could read the phone book & I'd listen attentively. They both have the most wonderful voices.

    Tommy especially has been one of my favorite actors for a long time.

    I say recount!! A guy doesn't have to be young to be Sexiest Man Alive.
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  2. #7352
    Christian,Mom,Teacher mom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Soonerland!!
    Posts
    4,522

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    My vote goes to a man who stays faithful to his wife. The longer he's married, the more attractive he is. Not in a "I want to get him" way, but in a "I wish there were more like him" way. I would never want one who was unfaithful, to me I don't care how "pretty" he might be on the outside, it kills everything.
    libgirl2, AmyKay and JulieAnn like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

  3. #7353
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    883

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Channing Tatum named People’s Sexiest Man Alive... What do we think?
    Meh, I find him to be a good dancer, but rather wooden otherwise. Give me Kellan Lutz, Shemar Moore, or Liev Schreiber (holy cow his voice!) anyday. Oh and Joe Manganiello, Alexander Skarsgard, and Laz Alonzo
    MiaT2 likes this.

  4. #7354
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,834

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    My vote goes to a man who stays faithful to his wife. The longer he's married, the more attractive he is. Not in a "I want to get him" way, but in a "I wish there were more like him" way. I would never want one who was unfaithful, to me I don't care how "pretty" he might be on the outside, it kills everything.
    I understand that the temptation when you are famous, a star, its very hard to remain faithful. I don't excuse it however!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  5. #7355
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,513

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    My vote goes to a man who stays faithful to his wife. The longer he's married, the more attractive he is. Not in a "I want to get him" way, but in a "I wish there were more like him" way. I would never want one who was unfaithful, to me I don't care how "pretty" he might be on the outside, it kills everything.
    The first person who popped into my mind when I read this is the late, great, beautiful, wonderful Paul Newman.
    Not only did he seem like the ultimate great guy, but he stayed ridiculously attractive all the way to the end, I believe in his 80's.

    They just don't make them like that anymore.
    mom2, Florimel, JulieAnn and 2 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  6. #7356
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    The first person who popped into my mind when I read this is the late, great, beautiful, wonderful Paul Newman.
    Not only did he seem like the ultimate great guy, but he stayed ridiculously attractive all the way to the end, I believe in his 80's.

    They just don't make them like that anymore.
    That's all very nice, but his relationship with Joanne Woodward started with him screwing around on his first wife with her. While it is obviously not an admirable character trait, decent people have been known to cheat and evil people have remained faithful to their partner.

    And I think the bigger problem with celebrity marriages is distance, and the same thing applies to politicians and upper level executives. The more time one spends apart from one's partner, the more likely it is one will become attracted to someone in closer proximity (and no, this doesn't happen with everyone before anyone starts shrieking I/MY HUSBAND WOULD NEVER). We are mammals and we are programmed thusly.

    For what it's worth, Mr. Rattus and I spent 99.9 of our free time together, so there is no carousing on either of our parts.
    prhoshay and KatesMom like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  7. #7357
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,834

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    That's all very nice, but his relationship with Joanne Woodward started with him screwing around on his first wife with her. While it is obviously not an admirable character trait, decent people have been known to cheat and evil people have remained faithful to their partner.

    And I think the bigger problem with celebrity marriages is distance, and the same thing applies to politicians and upper level executives. The more time one spends apart from one's partner, the more likely it is one will become attracted to someone in closer proximity (and no, this doesn't happen with everyone before anyone starts shrieking I/MY HUSBAND WOULD NEVER). We are mammals and we are programmed thusly.

    For what it's worth, Mr. Rattus and I spent 99.9 of our free time together, so there is no carousing on either of our parts.
    distance, yes that is another issue. Imagine not seeing your spouse for a month or more, being away on location, perhaps isolated, and surrounded by an actress/actor or whatever whom you get along with.... I can't even! And Mr. Libgirl2 and I are usually only apart during the work day.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  8. #7358
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,313

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Channing Tatum? No. I think he's a good dancer and seems like a nice guy, but I don't find him sexy.

    Should have been Ryan Gosling. Now that's a sexy man.
    I wish I could like this post 1000 times. And he just seems like such a nice guy too! Apparently he is on the short list to play Christian Grey. While I'm not necessarily wanting to see the movies (especially the first one), I will definitely change my mind if he is cast - and not just because of the body, but Christian Grey is a very damaged man and I think it is going to take a real actor to actually play that. There are very few I think will be able to carry off all the sides of that character - but Ryan is one who I think definitely could.

  9. #7359
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,313

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Yep, Willem is right up there with Steve, but my third is going to have to be Bill Paxton. I've had a crush on him since Near Dark, when he was actually pretty, that lasts to this day even with the gapped tooth pumpkin face.

    This preference for interesting looking over studly probably has to do with the fact (yes, fact) that every gym muscled pretty boy I've met in real life has been either stupifyingly dull or viciously stupid. I know that I shouldn't be judging the pretty boys of the silver screen by such an unfair criterion, but the brain just makes the connection it wants to.
    OMG, I'll go back with that one - Weird Science - he was Chet the older brother! Loved him then and love him now!!

  10. #7360
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Amazing how many different opinions on what we all find good looking/sexy.
    But that's a good thing...someone for everyone!
    Haven't seen him for awhile now but I used to love looking at Tom Selleck....esp at the time, he was on Friends.....envied Monica sooo much!
    He may have not aged well but I don't want to know that so I won't look his up.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.