+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3911Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    My good friend when I was growing up was dating an 18 year old when she was 13. His father was the chief of police, but nothing happened to him. His dad did keep an eye out on them sitting in his squad car in front of her house when he was there. They never did anything serious, but her parents were NOT happy. It didn't last long. Her future husband also was a couple of years older then her, but they did marry and have two kids. I'm sure there is some truth to the boyfriend thing but its sad to see this happening.
    When did we give up veto power over our 13-14 year olds? I find that reality sad and can't understand it. If we weren't so busy trying to be our childrens' friends, we'd be much better off. If that means sitting on THEIR coattails, then so be it. You've got to BELIEVE you're the boss to BE the boss. What is the fear?? That really ticks me off!
    mom2 and bee stung lips like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    When did we give up veto power over our 13-14 year olds? I find that reality sad and can't understand it. If we weren't so busy trying to be our childrens' friends, we'd be much better off. If that means sitting on THEIR coattails, then so be it. You've got to BELIEVE you're the boss to BE the boss. What is the fear?? That really ticks me off!
    Yeah, my parents did that. I last saw them when I was 21 (you will note that I am now 52), and I have absolutely no regrets about divorcing myself from them and consider myself fortunate that I had the courage to break free. There's a fairly wide space between being a kid's friend and being a hardass and unfortunately there are too many people who can't seem to locate that space.

And I wish that people would leave this girl alone.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think you have to be a hardass....just consistent. I believe in giving children breathing space, but holding the loving line without being their friend.....but that, for me, that also started in the low single digits of age.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Channing Tatum named People’s Sexiest Man Alive... What do we think?

I don't care that much ECM. I never think one man or woman can be the sexiest person , because we all think of sexy differently. The type of thing I think is sexy, is something we cant see. Kindness, humor, very sexy. He's not bad to look at.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

LOVE him!! Last night I watched both 21 Jump Street and Magic Mike for the first time, I am such a huge Channing fan Im surprised I waited this long to see them. I would definitely say he is the sexiest man alive TO ME, if to no one else.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

He just doesn't do it for me.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Harrumph. Steve Buscemi is the sexiest man alive.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Harrumph. Steve Buscemi is the sexiest man alive.
    OMG I just spit my water! I love you Rattus, but Steve Buscemi? I love the man and he is hilarious - so if that is sexy, then I'm on board. Looks wise - I always thought he was a bit odd looking.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    OMG I just spit my water! I love you Rattus, but Steve Buscemi? I love the man and he is hilarious - so if that is sexy, then I'm on board. Looks wise - I always thought he was a bit odd looking.
    Personality always has and always will do it for me. And that aside, just look at that face - the man's a demigod.

Steve.jpg
    KatesMom likes this.

+ Reply to Thread