+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5253Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Well, in all fairness, the Twilight books weren't written for adults. If you're a grown adult and don't like a YA book well, you aren't really the target audience.
    The woman who wrote those books was, maybe still is, a member here. She talked about writing a book, then shared her news about getting a publisher. She asked what we thought a good title would be, Light into Darkness, Darkness into light and a few others. She then announced that the publisher named it Twilight. This was in 2005, I think. I came across her posts only a few months ago and got chills!

I think it was here that people were talking about the rumor that Kirsty Alley had an affair with Patrick Swayze. Not true. She never slept him or others she 'fell in love with' during her marriage. She was on Ellen this week. She was faithful to her husband of 14 years and has never had an affair with a married man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The woman who wrote those books was, maybe still is, a member here. She talked about writing a book, then shared her news about getting a publisher. She asked what we thought a good title would be, Light into Darkness, Darkness into light and a few others. She then announced that the publisher named it Twilight. This was in 2005, I think. I came across her posts only a few months ago and got chills!

I think it was here that people were talking about the rumor that Kirsty Alley had an affair with Patrick Swayze. Not true. She never slept him or others she 'fell in love with' during her marriage. She was on Ellen this week. She was faithful to her husband of 14 years and has never had an affair with a married man.
    Because Swayze turned her down, good for Patrick
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Because Swayze turned her down, good for Patrick
    How do you know that?
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I was surprised he was doing advertising over here. I know a lot of them will films ads for commercials to run outside the USA. From what I understand, it pays an exorbitant amount of money. So, for one afternoon of work, they make enough to give them some flexibility in choosing movie roles. I seem to recall the two of them saying they will never both work on a movie at the same time. As the kids are getting older, my guess would be they want to spend more time with the kids and less time filming (I have even heard Brad say multiple times that he only intends to do movies for a few more years). So I think it gives them income without taking a lot of time away from family. It also, as you mentioned, gives them additional money to put towards their charities. And in Brad's case, he has been in love with architecture for years, so this one seems like a good fit for him.
    George Clooney has publicly said that he takes movie projects regardless of the pay and won't take one because of the pay. He's done movies for scale or very little because he believed in the project. He 's said that if he wants to live in his nice houses, he'll do a coffee commercial overseas.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

How do you know that?
    She said so on 20/20 She said she approached him and he turned her down.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    George Clooney has publicly said that he takes movie projects regardless of the pay and won't take one because of the pay. He's done movies for scale or very little because he believed in the project. He 's said that if he wants to live in his nice houses, he'll do a coffee commercial overseas.
    I remember hearing something similar. And didn't they all take much less than they could ask for Ocean's Eleven (and the sequels) because they wanted to work together on that project?

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Did anyone catch Stephanie Meyer's interview with Jimmy Kimmel on Friday night? She's very shy but still had fun with Jimmy and his suggestions. I Jimmy.

As for Kirstie, yes she has said that nothing physical ever took place. Did she actually say *WE* fell in love regarding Patrick Swayze? She may have fallen in love but maybe he didn't. Some women are able to forgive a one-time fling or short term fling but would be more devestated if her husband fell in love with someone else. Now, Patrick's loving wife has to wonder about the what-ifs. If Kirstie was a good friend, she would have taken this "affair" to the grave with her. Classless.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Yes, I thought it was classless of her. Maybe her cocaine use, that apparently could have killed her, has addled her brain.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Some women are able to forgive a one-time fling or short term fling but would be more devestated if her husband fell in love with someone else.
    I see things completely the opposite of this. I could forgive a man if he truly fell in love, or thought he did, & really cared about the other woman, but ultimately chose me because he loved me more. Love & strong connection I can at least understand, & therefore forgive.
    But a loveless fling or hook-up is another story. That's an insult & slap in the face to the wife. The guy cares so little about the wife & family that getting his jollies from any available body is more important to him than the ones he supposedly loves & is committed to.
    I've been throught the second scenario & it didn't hurt me. It totally disgusted me instead in him & that he had no character at all. There was no way I'd ever forgive that.

Yep, I was married to a real jewel, wasn't I.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I think both are bad, for completely opposite reasons, as already summarized here.

On Kristie Alley - there was a little blurb in People about this this weekend. Apparently they fell hard for each other during the filming of North and South. According to her, it didn't go anywhere physically because she knew he would never be happy with anyone other than his wife. Of course, this is obviously her take only.

+ Reply to Thread