+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4946Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I'm sure he'll have some kind of whacked out reason.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

JMHO . . .

JackSON to JackSUN?

Personally, I think that in his own, twisted way, Jermaine is trying to attempt to distance himself from the latest Jackson dustup, which he was heavily involved in.

That would be, of course, the flap that ensued when Katherine (Big Mama) went missing a few months ago, and the kids that she was supposed to be legal guardian to didn't have a clue where she was, or hadn't heard from her, or whatever. Paris, IIRC, took to Twitter to send out a public SOS.

And THAT blew the roof off the family McMansion.

Jermaine, Randy, Janet and a couple of other Jackson offspring were implicated as being major movers and shakers in the Case of the Missing Big Mama.

Now, at least it seems to me, after a few months of a cooling-off period, Jermaine is making an attempt to distance himself from the craziness he chose to involve himself in in the first place.

Kinda like closing the barn door after half of the horse is already out of it, if you ask me.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Brad is really stretching his business front, isn't he? First the perfume commercial, now furniture design. It won't be long before he's selling his own fragrance in Macy*s. Is the income from these enterprises what he will use to fund his charity projects? I can see him adding Hurricane Sandy rebuilds to his Hurricane Katrina rebuilds. I really enjoyed when Mike Holmes built a Katrina house and talked with Brad about his projects in New Orleans.

For a family that grosses millions for acting in films, these business ventures are very interesting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Brad's been interested in design and architecture for a long time. I think he designed much of the house he and Jennifer Aniston shared. This seems like a natural fit for him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think all of the Jacksons are a little strange.
    I've never truly understood what really happened with Mama Jackson......just didn't seem like her to take off without the kids and no word about her whereabouts....just didn't make sense...but then we never really know what goes on w/these celebs.
    They always have people to do their cover-ups.
    Shoepie likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Did anyone happen to see the interview with Lark Voorhies of Saved By the Bell, fame? She insists she's okay, but honestly after seeing her interview, I beg to differ...she was rambling and speaking incoherently at times. I really hope she's okay, but if she's not I hope she gets some help.

Lark Voorhies Refutes Bipolar Rumors | ETonline.com
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think I remember Malcolm Jamal Warner talking about being a dear friend of hers and that she was in trouble. She was on The Cosby Show with him. I did see her interview, and it started out fine but it but strange at the end.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Did anyone happen to see the interview with Lark Voorhies of Saved By the Bell, fame? She insists she's okay, but honestly after seeing her interview, I beg to differ...she was rambling and speaking incoherently at times. I really hope she's okay, but if she's not I hope she gets some help.

Lark Voorhies Refutes Bipolar Rumors | ETonline.com
    That is a shame... I've been reading that recently online....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think I remember Malcolm Jamal Warner talking about being a dear friend of hers and that she was in trouble. She was on The Cosby Show with him. I did see her interview, and it started out fine but it but strange at the end.
    I have had such a crush on him. Not during Cosby but afterwards. He sets me swooning. And he seems like a nice level headed guy.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Brad is really stretching his business front, isn't he? First the perfume commercial, now furniture design. It won't be long before he's selling his own fragrance in Macy*s. Is the income from these enterprises what he will use to fund his charity projects? I can see him adding Hurricane Sandy rebuilds to his Hurricane Katrina rebuilds. I really enjoyed when Mike Holmes built a Katrina house and talked with Brad about his projects in New Orleans.

For a family that grosses millions for acting in films, these business ventures are very interesting.
    I was surprised he was doing advertising over here. I know a lot of them will films ads for commercials to run outside the USA. From what I understand, it pays an exorbitant amount of money. So, for one afternoon of work, they make enough to give them some flexibility in choosing movie roles. I seem to recall the two of them saying they will never both work on a movie at the same time. As the kids are getting older, my guess would be they want to spend more time with the kids and less time filming (I have even heard Brad say multiple times that he only intends to do movies for a few more years). So I think it gives them income without taking a lot of time away from family. It also, as you mentioned, gives them additional money to put towards their charities. And in Brad's case, he has been in love with architecture for years, so this one seems like a good fit for him.

+ Reply to Thread