+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4946Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think it's also important to take into account, that people usually do change over the years. Who he was years ago may not be who he is now. Basic personalities do stay the same, though.
    Yes. I don't doubt he's changed. It's entirely possible he was young and stoned at the time. LOL

He does seem to have a good heart, and I've been very impressed with what he's done in New Orleans and Haiti.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I think there are many ways of being "smart." Not just IQ tests, nor lots of education.
    and as I age, I find that kindness and caring are so much better than smart.
    My first husband was very very intelligent and in time, became more and more of a jerk because everything had to be about him.
    But when I was young, I believed I should marry someone w/a high IQ and lots of education like I was.

Hubby #2 (for 25 yrs) is not that smart, has had dyslexia since young and missed out on a lot of education due to that......but he is Kindness with a capital K.
    To everyone.
    He can also build a house from floor to ceiling (general contractor) and fix anything.........So to me, intellect can be seen/measured in lots of different ways.
    prhoshay, Miss_Griss, mom2 and 7 others like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

For some reason, I've been thinking about Demi Moore and her daughters. Moore is just an albatross, lurking around in the trees, looking all pitiful and forlorn.....her daughters are the albatross-ettes. With the way Ashton is dragging his feet on ending this thing that he, supposedly, wants out of....if I were Mila, I'd run so far in the opposite direction that it wouldn't be funny....of course, that's one of those things you don't realize until years down the road. I don't think Mila or Ashton will ever be rid of Demi....she's squirrell bait! Ashton is a "man" on the rebound, and that never bodes well for the woman he is involved with. If this is just about him giving her money, he is long overdue for giving her what she thinks she wants and washing his hands of the whole thing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Why is it that everybody knows these relationships are doomed from day one, except for the people involved in them?

prhoshay, I agree w/your post here. Had a hair appointment and that's when I get to read all about the celebs in the magazines... & read about Demi. She's a mess still a year later.
    One article said that her fear/worries about her aging was a big part of their problems.....including always being suspicious of him and where he was, etc.
    I can understand that feeling, especially when someone has lived their life with so much focus on what they look like, which Demi has done. Stardom/Hollywood is not kind to women as they age.
    If you underwent serious plastic surgery presumably for many many parts of your body, as I've read that Demi did, then I understand how important her looks are to her but there's still a limit to what you can do.
    Maybe it's not a good idea to marry someone too much younger than you if you're not secure in who you are.
    I think Ashton was really smitten with Demi at one time but he was so young, he probably didn't know who he was at the time or what lasting love is.
    But what do I know?? Absolutely nothing!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Why is it that everybody knows these relationships are doomed from day one, except for the people involved in them?
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.
    prhoshay, libgirl2, Hyper and 7 others like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.
    Thats a good quote!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Thats a good quote!
    I remember reading that quote somewhere years ago in a book of quotes or something. It's both timeless and oh so true.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I remember reading that quote somewhere years ago in a book of quotes or something. It's both timeless and oh so true.
    Yes it is. I told it to my husband and he asked if he did something wrong today! lol!
    bee stung lips and JulieAnn like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Yes it is. I told it to my husband and he asked if he did something wrong today! lol!
    LMAO...aww, poor guy! You scared him, I guess!
    libgirl2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread