+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I think Rosalind is pretty & Luna is a perfectly fine name/nickname. I expect when it comes time for school/drivers license/passports/filling out forms, she may just put Rosalind Altalune as her first & middle names. That way Luna wouldn't be confusing as a nickname.
    I'm not sure official forms expect all the names. Most just ask First Middle Last. I expect Rosalind Altalune would be legally acceptable.
    Either that or she'd need extra forms.

The multiple names may be overkill, but I don't find them nearly as bad as oddball names. You know the ones I mean. Those are the ones who's parents are trying too hard to make their kids seem unique.
    Kind of like those self important mothers who act like they are the first women to ever carry a baby & everything is oh too precious & total wonderment.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake got married this past weekend in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake got married this past weekend in Italy.
    I'm not much of a fan of either one of them, but it's really nice to see a Hollywood couple who bother to get to know each other well before jumping into marriage & then divorcing shortly after. I think I read they've been together for quite a few years. Also nice that it was all low key. Shows that it's for them, not the publicity.

Good for them for waiting 'till they knew what they were doing & congrats to the happy couple.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You would have thought that Rhea Pearlman and Danny DeVito knew what they were doing, too, huh? You just never know!

Good luck to ANYONE who chooses to get married! I hope it all works out.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't think Rhea could have predicted that Danny would be such a scummy cheater. Reports are that he's been very openly cheating on her for years with various little starlets who hoped he'd help their career. This begs a few questions: 1) How much sway does anyone think Danny Devito really has? 2) Danny Devito? Really? and 3) Really? I like him as an actor, but I'm sort of shocked that there's more than one woman in the world who would sleep with him.
    NCLurker, mom2, Arielflies and 6 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Like I said.....you just never know....until you know, if that makes sense!

People can look and seem one way, until you find out that they are not what you presume they are.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I guess it's not the looks that attract people to someone all the time. Personality,things in common and some people are just attracted to the odd. In Devitos case it's more in likely money,celebrity,connections.
    prhoshay likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

One of the biggest man-whores I've ever known was a short, extremely round, balding guy who was married the entire time I knew, and ALWAYS had a woman or 2 on the side....and he didn't really hide it. He also had a weird history....his first wife choked to death on a piece of toast, and his second wife was a nice woman on disability. He kept women and, no, I didn't understand it! And he was not rich!! He was the kind of guy, gross though he was, who paid a lot of attention to women, and they fell for him like a ton of bricks.

Like an alcoholic bum once told me....."Don't let the form fool ya!" Seems like he was probably right!

One oF the biggest playboys is little Vern Troyer,lol he gets models and other good looking women lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Uma Thurman and Arpad Busson have finally revealed their daughter's name: Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson. They're calling her "Luna". (She was born July 15, and the article I read said that each name means something to the parents. I thought I was bad when I gave my son two middle names ;-) )
    The biggest problem I see is the last name, Thurman-Busson. I get why they did it, and I get that some people balk at giving kids the last name of the man. However, extrapolate this practice a few generations where hyphenated kids marry other hyphenated kids and hyphenate again. People are going to be walking around with names that sound like law firms!
    Florimel and bee stung lips like this.

+ Reply to Thread