+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Oh how terribly sad! I used to watch him on TV even before I knew he played football. And another case of his football injuries making his condition worse.

Lions saddened to learn of Alex Karras' condition - Yahoo! Sports
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    That piece of trash should get life.... if I had my way, castration would be part of the punishment. Ugh!

I am reading rumors of Danny Devito being a womanizer... really?

If it's any consolation, given Sandusky's age, unless he gets an unusually early parole, which I doubt, thirty to sixty years probably will end up being a life sentence anyway.

I do wish he'd own up to what he's done at some point, as it might help his victims to hear him admit that he violated them emotionally and physically. Not that it makes up for what he did, but it would further validate their accusations and make it clear that no one, not even Sandusky, denies that he took terrible advantage of the power his position gave him over them anymore.

Oh, I am saddened by the Alex Karras article. Besides Blazing Saddles and Webster, I remember his touching performance opposite his wife, Susan Clark in Babe, the story of Babe Didrikson Zaharia, the greatest female athlete of all time for me.
    Arielflies likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    If it's any consolation, given Sandusky's age, unless he gets an unusually early parole, which I doubt, thirty to sixty years probably will end up being a life sentence anyway.

I do wish he'd own up to what he's done at some point, as it might help his victims to hear him admit that he violated them emotionally and physically. Not that it makes up for what he did, but it would further validate their accusations and make it clear that no one, not even Sandusky, denies that he took terrible advantage of the power his position gave him over them anymore.
    No one in prison is guilty! Well, except Red from Shawshank Redemption. I don't think his victims would be helped if he admitted his crimes. He is locked up; a jury found him guilty and he will die in prison. And even if eligable for parole there is no way it would be granted. Never. I do not believe there is anyone who believes his claim, other than his wife. And I bet she knows deep inside that he is.
    MizDaisy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Oh how terribly sad! I used to watch him on TV even before I knew he played football. And another case of his football injuries making his condition worse.

Lions saddened to learn of Alex Karras' condition - Yahoo! Sports
    This breaks my heart. I love Alex Karras.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Oh, I am saddened by the Alex Karras article. Besides Blazing Saddles and Webster, I remember his touching performance opposite his wife, Susan Clark in Babe, the story of Babe Didrikson Zaharia, the greatest female athlete of all time for me.
    I remember that made for television movie too. It was great.

Just saw some photos of Amber Tamblyn's wedding to David Cross. Her dad was there, of course; he's been around forever and is one of my all time favorites, but it startled me to realize that he's 78 years old. He always had a baby face. What a career he's had and I do remember him as Liz Taylor's little brother in the original Father of the Bride.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Castration is not severe enough....lobotomy would be better.
    I believe it is. Men are awfully proud of those things.
    I don't say that in jest either. I truly believe that should be the penalty for rape. Done by the victim(s) if they so choose.
    They may still be able to commit violent crimes, but they'll have a lifetime reminder of what they've done to others. Just like their victims.
    MizDaisy likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd rather see them drooling and disabled, sitting in a corner.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post

I read an article about the 15-minute, rambling statement Sandusky gave in court prior to the sentencing. No apologies, no acknowledgment of the damage he'd done, only his delusional belief in his innocence. Even worse, he described how nothing could take away his memories. It was like flipping off everyone and reminding them that as long as he lived, he could think about what he did to those boys. I think he got away with it for so long he's incapable of believing he's finally being held responsible, and that somehow he'll get out of it on appeal. I hope they send him to gen pop ASAP, where he'll no doubt find out what it's like to experience what he did to those boys.
    ness likes this.

+ Reply to Thread