+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 1093 FirstFirst ... 216162636465666768697071727374757677787980811211715711071 ... LastLast
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    How much tax do you pay on $33,000 gift bag?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Wouldn't about a third of that go to taxes? If you're getting a bunch of really good stuff, it'd be worth it. But if it was things you didn't want, it'd stink to have to pay taxes on it. Still, these celebs with the money--they should accept it, pay the taxes on it, donate the gifts to a charity to raffle off (like George Clooney does) and then they can write that portion off of their taxes. Everyone's happy!

Isn't it a little silly to once again send Naomi Campbell to anger management classes? Hasn't that been a sentence previously?

How many chances to people like this get?

article

NEW YORK (AP) -- Supermodel Naomi Campbell pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault on Tuesday for hitting her maid with a cell phone over a pair of missing jeans.

"I threw a cell phone in the apartment. The cell phone hit Anna," Campbell said during her appearance in Manhattan Criminal Court. "This was an accident because I did not intend to hit her."

Campbell, 35, was accused of hitting Ana Scolavino in the back of the head with the phone in the model's Manhattan apartment last March. Scolavino was treated for a head injury.

In exchange for her guilty plea, Campbell has to pay Scolavino's medical expenses of $363, do five days of community service and attend an anger management class.

The British model wore stiletto heels and a tight-fitting black dress and waist length jacket for her court appearance.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Personally, I just wish somebody would whip her "bee-hind" something fierce!! I'd like for her to know that that ball can bounce both ways. Political correctness be damned!

I hate bullies!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love how she puts it, "the phone hit Anna," as though as soon as it left her hand it miraculously grew a brain and flew upside her maid's head. Yeah, she's going to get a loooooot out of anger management classes.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Us "little people" would have been jailed long ago for assualt.

Waiiiit a minute here, I think we may have found a clue to a mystery!

Russell Crowe's phone flies out of his hand in New York and hits a hotel employee

Naomi Campbell's phone flies of her hand in New York and hits one of her employees

Could we have stumbled upon the great Revenge of the New York Phones conspiracy?!

New Yorkers! Beware your phones, take cover!!

um, by the way, could we get Russell Crowe and Naomi Campbell into the same Anger Management class, please? May as well kill two phones.. er, uh, birds with one stone, eh? or is that kill birds with one phone?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Well, what do you know.... will wonders never cease?????

Lindsay Lohan enters Rehab

Lindsay Lohan has checked into rehab, she said in a statement Wednesday.

"I have made a proactive decision to take care of my personal health," the star said in her statement. "I appreciate your well wishes and ask that you please respect my privacy at this time."

A source close to the actress tells PEOPLE: "Lindsay is in a very positive frame of mind and is looking forward to making a positive change in her life."

In December, a rep for the 20-year-old actress told PEOPLE that her client was attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. Later that month, Lohan revealed that she had been in AA for a year, and said she generally feels better when she's not drinking.

"I was going out too much and I knew that, and I have more to live for than that," she told PEOPLE.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

This seems like a "P.R. mandated" rehab appearance, not a real cry for help.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Not until she ditches her mother's terrible influence and lack of parenting will she be able to get the real help she needs.

+ Reply to Thread