+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4954Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I also remember De Vito's appearance on The View when he appeared quite looped. So sad about the separation. Not only have they been married for 30 years but the article I read said that Rhea met Danny in 1970 when she went to see a friend in an Off Broadway show. DeVito was also in the cast and Rhea joined the cast for dinner and they were instantly smitten and moved in together 2 weeks later. So, they have been together for 42 years!!!
    Wow.

That makes it even sadder.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Yeah, that IS a shocker.

They seemed so perfect for each other. I confess I fell victim to thinking that THEIR union was one of the very few Hollywood matchups that I believed would last until death did them part.

Damn.

You never really know what goes on behind anybody's closed doors, do you?
    This was one that surprised me. I guess when a couple hit 25 years or more together, you kind of think its working.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

It surprised me, too, since I knew they'd been together forever. Whatever went wrong between them, I always admired that they kept their private lives private.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

My first thought when I read about their split was that his drinking probably had something to do with it. It seems like the last several times I've seen him on talk shows, he was half in the bottle.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    My first thought when I read about their split was that his drinking probably had something to do with it. It seems like the last several times I've seen him on talk shows, he was half in the bottle.
    Ahhhh, this makes sense. I saw him on the view and thought it odd that he had been drinking so early in the day. His excuse, he had been out drinking limoncello all night with George Clooney. I didn't buy that. Who can stay up drinking all night and show up drunk at 11am? And who can drink more than one shot of something so sickeningly sweet? I sensed he chose a drink that seemed an innocent choice.

I googled pictures of their kids. They are all taller than both parents. It appears they are medium height even though they tower over their parents.

I have a hunch, if this is the case, that it will leak out. There will be people, bartender perhaps, that will sell their observations.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Jerry Sandusky....this garbage pail of a person....was sentenced to 30-60 years in prison for his sexual assaults that he denies......still not enough, if you ask me.

Die, Monster.
    ness and Coco46 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    jerry Sandusky....this garbage pail of a person....was sentenced to 30-60 years in prison for his sexual assaults that he denies......still not enough, if you ask me.
    Its still way longer than he would get in Canada, time served good behaviour etc. We have BS prison sentences. I hope Sandusky is let into a 'common' area.
    ness and libgirl2 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Jerry Sandusky....this garbage pail of a person....was sentenced to 30-60 years in prison for his sexual assaults that he denies......still not enough, if you ask me.

Die, Monster.
    That piece of trash should get life.... if I had my way, castration would be part of the punishment. Ugh!

I am reading rumors of Danny Devito being a womanizer... really?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Castration is not severe enough....lobotomy would be better.
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Castration is not severe enough....lobotomy would be better.
    How about a combination of the two?
    ness likes this.

+ Reply to Thread