+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5064Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I think it IS kind of depressing that all of these gorgeous men are "coming out". If so many people are announcing that they are gay these days, it just makes me wonder how many men, over the years, have been and just have stayed closeted. I'm guessing that the number is ridiculous. These people have obviously been around, but they did not have the freedom to come out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Danny DeVito, Rhea Perlman Are Separating

I'm shocked!

Danny DeVito, Rhea Perlman Are Separating - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post

I'm shocked!

Danny DeVito, Rhea Perlman Are Separating - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    Now that one shocks me. They've been married for a very long time & both seem so happy & grounded.

Not many Hollywood breakups surprise me all that much, but this one does.
    ness likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Now that one shocks me. They've been married for a very long time & both seem so happy & grounded.

Not many Hollywood breakups surprise me all that much, but this one does.
    Yeah, that IS a shocker.

They seemed so perfect for each other. I confess I fell victim to thinking that THEIR union was one of the very few Hollywood matchups that I believed would last until death did them part.

Damn.

You never really know what goes on behind anybody's closed doors, do you?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

You don't know what is going on at home. This is true. I do wonder if Danny has a drinking problem. I do not know if he does or not, but I recall a few years ago when he went on The View very intoxicated. There was a big deal about it, Danny blew it off and even went back on the show to laugh about it. Still, I wonder if something like that can stay down for a long time and eventually, it's just too much. Just speculating. I like both of these people. No one can say they didn't give it shot.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Maybe Rowdy was named after the Clint Eastwood character, Rowdy Yates.
    That was my first thought, too. Several months ago, MEtv was showing some of the original episodes of Rawhide and it was so much fun to see such a young Clint Eastwood. It had one of the best tv theme songs ever, sung by Frankie Laine.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    You don't know what is going on at home. This is true. I do wonder if Danny has a drinking problem. I do not know if he does or not, but I recall a few years ago when he went on The View very intoxicated. There was a big deal about it, Danny blew it off and even went back on the show to laugh about it. Still, I wonder if something like that can stay down for a long time and eventually, it's just too much. Just speculating. I like both of these people. No one can say they didn't give it shot.
    Now that you mention it, I DO vaguely remember some rumble about that View appearance he did several years ago. From what I recall, he was pretty much well and truly lit, and DID go on the show to laugh/do damage control about it, at a later date.

Oh, well, whatever the reason, I don't think there's anybody that'd say they didn't give it a good shot.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post

I'm shocked!

Yes, I thought that marriage was a keeper.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Here's a link regarding The View incident and another one too.

Danny DeVito Explains Drunk Behavior To Letterman (VIDEO)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I also remember De Vito's appearance on The View when he appeared quite looped. So sad about the separation. Not only have they been married for 30 years but the article I read said that Rhea met Danny in 1970 when she went to see a friend in an Off Broadway show. DeVito was also in the cast and Rhea joined the cast for dinner and they were instantly smitten and moved in together 2 weeks later. So, they have been together for 42 years!!!

+ Reply to Thread