+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4615Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Just looked it up, Florimel, and you are correct. It really is an insidious disease. It was 3 years this past 9/15 that Patrick Swayze's been gone.
    When he was interviewed ( and he was so frail ) he said he would beat it. I knew he would not.I thought he and his wife had such a lovely marriage, and dancing was something they shared. Cancer is such a beast
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Michael Landon also died from pancreatic cancer. It's hard not to be pessimistic about anyone's chances once they get that diagnosis. It's got a very low survival rate.
    That is very true.

I remember Patrick Swayze and Michael Landon, in particular, very well.

And I saw it at extremely close range with my aunt before either of these gentlemen were struck down by it.

Hideous.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

As long as we're listing...there is also Steve Jobs, who also thought he had a good shot at beating it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

One of my law firm partners just died from pancreatic cancer. The survival rate, even beyond a year, is abysmal. I have gotten very involved - it is two fold why - it's not a "popular" cancer - meaning one that gets a lot of attention, so there is not as much research and funding, and it is one that is hard to detect, because there are few symptoms until it is very advanced. That's why some type of early screening test will be so critical to changing the prognosis of this cancer, and why funding and research are so important. My partner lived almost 3 years with the disease, which was a miracle. But he was trying some new protocol that hasn't been widely accepted yet. And the protocol almost killed him, before the disease ultimately did. He really wanted to see his daughter graduate from high school. Sadly, he didn't make it (she will graduate next June).

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Congratulations to Reese Witherspoon and her husband on the birth of their son, Tennessee James.

Reese Witherspoon welcomes son Tennessee James Toth | Omg Goddess - Yahoo! omg!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Congratulations to Reese Witherspoon and her husband on the birth of their son, Tennessee James.

Reese Witherspoon welcomes son Tennessee James Toth | Omg Goddess - Yahoo! omg!
    I love his name. I wish them all well
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I love his name. I wish them all well
    I do too. Kind of sound like a cool nickname.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Congrats TO Reese!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BABY DAY TO HER AND HERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I do too. Kind of sound like a cool nickname.
    I wonder if he will end up being TJ.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    One of my law firm partners just died from pancreatic cancer. The survival rate, even beyond a year, is abysmal. I have gotten very involved - it is two fold why - it's not a "popular" cancer - meaning one that gets a lot of attention, so there is not as much research and funding, and it is one that is hard to detect, because there are few symptoms until it is very advanced. That's why some type of early screening test will be so critical to changing the prognosis of this cancer, and why funding and research are so important. My partner lived almost 3 years with the disease, which was a miracle. But he was trying some new protocol that hasn't been widely accepted yet. And the protocol almost killed him, before the disease ultimately did. He really wanted to see his daughter graduate from high school. Sadly, he didn't make it (she will graduate next June).
    I'm so sorry about your law partner.

Considering how many people I've heard about who have died from pancreatic cancer, I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more news.

+ Reply to Thread