+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3898Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Good Grief. Pancreatic cancer does not play. Sometimes, life really can suck.
    I know. I posted in the Y&R thread.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Ruth Bader Ginsberg is the only public figure/celebrity I've heard of who has beaten pancreatic cancer (so far, at least). It's pretty much always a death sentence. Very sad. I loved Bonnie Franklin on One Day at a Time.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think its more to do with her becoming Queen one day.She isn't just any old Royal . I guess I don't the fascination with her boobs
    She will never become Queen. She will always be a Dutchess or Princess or whatever title they use. Her daughter could be since she is in the blood line of William.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    She will never become Queen. She will always be a Dutchess or Princess or whatever title they use. Her daughter could be since she is in the blood line of William.
    I know. I always think King and Queen .For years I called Liz's hubby King. I felt he needed to be
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Too bad Matt is taking the hit for firing Ann Curry. I stopped watching Today when she became an anchor. I don't think she did a good job. She did not read genuine to me and found her annoying. Failing ratings are due to many things wrong with that show. It is stale.

Don't feel sorry for Matt Lauer. He makes a ton of money and most sources point to him as the one who got Ann fired. By all accounts, she is well-respected and loved in the business (and by all her co-workers except for ML) and he's not.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Bonnie Franklin (One Day at a Time) is undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer. 'One Day at a Time' star Bonnie Franklin undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer - Yahoo! News
    Oh wow.

Just saw this.

I'm so very sorry and I'll be in prayer for her.

My eldest aunt died from pancreatic cancer several years ago.

She was in her very early fifties when she passed.

Like shay said, that is a disease that truly does not play.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I'm so sorry to hear about Bonnie Franklin. Loved her in One Day at a Time and how she played off the brilliant comedian Pat Harrington. Wasn't pancreatic cancer the cause of the death of Patrick Swayze?
    Debb70 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Just looked it up, Florimel, and you are correct. It really is an insidious disease. It was 3 years this past 9/15 that Patrick Swayze's been gone.

Michael Landon also died from pancreatic cancer. It's hard not to be pessimistic about anyone's chances once they get that diagnosis. It's got a very low survival rate.

+ Reply to Thread