+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4667Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

You know, my first reaction to Lady Gaga's weight gain was to wonder if it were a real weight gain or some kind of performance art through which she wanted to make a statement about something, like how people judge by appearances etc. I don't mean that as a criticism of her either. It's simply that she does use her appearance to make various kinds of statements, even when she's not on stage. I don't think I've ever seen a photo of her in even an airport, for instance, when she wasn't wearing something that wasn't meant to be more than just an outfit. I could even see her opting to go ahead and go off a stringent diet--if she were on one in the first place; I have no idea--as a statement that she shouldn't have to be on one, that people are too quick to judge celebrities (especially female celebrities) if they gain weight for whatever reason, or something like that.

It's probably something much simpler than that, but because of who she is and the kinds of choices she's made in the past--the meat dress, her male alter ego, arriving at an awards show in a giant egg/womb--it was hard for me not to go there immediately. She knows she's on a stage/platform wherever she is, and she uses that as opposed to avoiding it or shunning it as some celebrities have.
    bee stung lips and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Closer just got fined for publishing the pictures of Catherine: Magazine fined for topless Kate photos - CNN.com

Nice that someoneis getting slammed for doing such a scummy thing.

I read somewhere that the photographer was the distance of FOUR football fields away when he took the pictures. I don't know if that's true, but if they were on the balcony of a private home 4,000 feet from any public road, I think there's a more than reasonable assumption of privacy there. The pictures were definitely grainy enough to have been taken from that distance. I highly doubt the guy just happened to see them and take the pictures. You don't use a lens that big unless you intend to take photographs from a LONG distance away. He knew he'd be taking pictures of them while they were on private property. IMO, that more than crosses the line of what should be acceptable.
    The distance I heard was that the private estate was six miles from the nearest road and is heavily wooded as well--thus Will and Kate felt it was unlikely anyone would be close enough to get a photograph. Of course, personally, I don't get what the big deal is about the photograph either. She was on a private estate, and she undid the top half of her bathing suit with her husband right there--at one point, apparently, with his arms around her. They're young and they're almost still newlyweds and they were behaving--in what they had reasonable expectations of believing was a private place--as young newlyweds do. It's not as if Kate was in a leather dominatrix outfit beating a cowering William with a cat o' nine tails on the front lawn of the palace at high noon, because that's what it takes to get him excited enough to possibly produce an heir (and that is, of course, a purposely ridiculous example--I don't want to get sued for making a point). Why would I even want to see photographs of Will and Kate having a private moment like thousands of young couples have? I don't want to go snooping through the windows of my neighbors to see what they're doing either.

I do, however, understand why it might upset Will on a personal, rather than royal, level, however, given what happened to his mother. Obviously, he has reason to find paparazzi descending on him and his new wife worrisome. I would imagine that once they have kids, he will try to be protective of them as well, because he knows what it's like to for a child to live his/her life as a perpetual photo op too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I do, however, understand why it might upset Will on a personal, rather than royal, level, however, given what happened to his mother. Obviously, he has reason to find paparazzi descending on him and his new wife worrisome.
    Not only that, but its his wife! My husband would be furious if it happened to me (not that anyone would want those pics, just saying...)
    Hyper likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Not only that, but its his wife! My husband would be furious if it happened to me (not that anyone would want those pics, just saying...)
    I didn't mean to negate that. I just meant that for Will, as opposed to someone else who doesn't share his dismal past with the paps, it would be even scarier, because he has personal experience with just how dangerous it can be to have one's privacy invaded in that way.

Speaking of which, I would think that would scare the palace too. If the paps can keep an eye, so to speak, on Kate and Will from that distance, so could any number of crazy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I didn't mean to negate that. I just meant that for Will, as opposed to someone else who doesn't share his dismal past with the paps, it would be even scarier, because he has personal experience with just how dangerous it can be to have one's privacy invaded in that way.

Speaking of which, I would think that would scare the palace too. If the paps can keep an eye, so to speak, on Kate and Will from that distance, so could any number of crazy people.
    I understand what you meant and of course that plays a significant part in it. Its both, look what happened to his mother and she is his wife.

On another note, LIndsay Lohan has been taken to the hospital with a lung infection.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Bonnie Franklin (One Day at a Time) is undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer. 'One Day at a Time' star Bonnie Franklin undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer - Yahoo! News

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Bonnie Franklin (One Day at a Time) is undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer. 'One Day at a Time' star Bonnie Franklin undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer - Yahoo! News
    I just heard that. She is on Y&R right now.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    How terribly sad. My prayers to her and her loved ones.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good Grief. Pancreatic cancer does not play. Sometimes, life really can suck.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread