+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4847Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The statement that annoyed me the most came from a "journalist" in one of the countries where the pictures are being published. It was something to the effect of "She's not going to be OUR Queen." Basically, it didn't matter that the pictures were a hideous invasion of the privacy of a member of the royal family because it wasn't their country's royal family
    Now THAT is just sick.

Ignorant, and SICK.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Agreed. What kills me is that now Italian and Irish publications have also published the pictures. And they are all over the internet. It sends a message, the verdict, but it doesn't really help them. Just irritates me that the bad guys win, even if they have to pay something now. Seriously, did we learn NOTHING from Diana?
    True.

They've won a judgment in the French case. But, even with that, for them to have sued was ultimately like closing the barn door after half of the horse was MORE than already out of it.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness
    Even if celebrity/tabloid TV news stories/reality TV shows aren't your thing, I don't give a happy hosanna who or where you are nowadays. What you choose to listen or not listen to, see or not see. The chances are MORE than pretty good that you most likely WILL see or hear something. Even if you don't want to. No one has to go LOOKING for ANYTHING celebrity/reality TV/famous-person related today. Cases in point: the Boo Boo clan, Kate and the missing bikini top (as examples).

It'll COME to YOU.

I think the only way you MIGHT dodge hearing/seeing ANY celebrity or famous-person stories, and so on, would be if you were a resident of a convent or monastery that doesn't have a TV or radio, or doesn't get a newspaper. POSSIBLY. Or if you lived on an island somewhere that doesn't have modern media conveniences. MAYBE.
    Truth. Maybe people can set their homepage to Al-Jazeera or live in North Korea which seems the only way to avoid tabloid/rag stuff.

Unfortunately with the internet many more gossip sites have emerged and they are out there hunting down that one big photo-op that will put them on the map.

Regarding Kate, so much for those French privacy laws which were considered more regulated than the US. Last I read the fines weren't all that heavy, not enough to make an impact. If they don't care that she won't be Queen of their country why do they bother with the royals at all? The presidents of France and Italy have enough skeletons of their own to fill hundreds of magazines.

Halle Berry was wanting to move to France with her daughter and was using their laws in her custody case against Nahla's father. Guess she'll have to use a new tactic to get the father out of her daughter's life.
    ness likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I frown on the couple's privacy being violated. It's terrible, however, I am actually quite shocked that they were so naive. Wouldn't anyone who has a computer realize how your privacy can be gone in a second, especially a royal? Even if you are in a very secluded place, you have to know you are at risk. There could be security people who are filming you. There could could be hidden people in the bushes or far away. To think you are free to take off your top outside is really naive. I'm no famous person, but I would take off my top with full knowledge that it could be caught without my knowledge. To think otherwise is really shocking.
    Shoepie likes this.

I think the lawsuit has more to do with future privacy issues and paps. The victory this time will hopefully keep any other idiot pap from trying to snap a private photo or worse, chasing Kate and kids down a busy street in a car chase.
    ness likes this.

Hearing a lot about Lady Gaga's weight gain. The pictures are a little shocking which made me wonder if it's intentional... she is all about shocking, after all.
    Count your blessings!

Maybe she is pregnant? Or making after smoking pot, she got the munchies Lady G doesn't do anything without a reason.She self promotes all the time.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Apparently, her diet is pretty strict to be down at "fighting weight." Maybe she's actually eating real food.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Apparently, her diet is pretty strict to be down at "fighting weight." Maybe she's actually eating real food.
    I would go to her concert just to hear her, thin fat or in between
    Hyper and its_glinda_now like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Me too. I adore her. I don't care what she looks like.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread