+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5270Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I don't know if I agree with that. Yes, on one level, it is easy to just not go topless. Then I remember Jen Aniston having pictures taken when she was sunbathing in her own backyard. There has to be some point where we are all allowed to be ourselves. We should ALL be able to live our lives. She wasn't out in public (or in Vegas). She was at a private residence in France - and from what I understand, a very remote location. It's like saying a woman should never walk down the street alone at night because she might get raped. And yes, I know it is not even close to the same thing . . . except that at the end of the day, it is the photographers who were completely in the wrong and it was a huge violation of privacy. Saying she should think before she does it seems a bit like blaming the victim to me.

And I retract the pregnancy statement - based on the pictures that were on TMZ, which I understand were taken last week, that girl's stomach is flat and toned. If she is pregnant, it is way too early to see anything and the full skirts are not hiding anything.

I just think given what happened to Harry, this would be forefront in their minds For me Kate and Jennifer are not really a good comparison.The future queen has to be careful.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

In all the years it's been running here, today was my first TIFF related celebrity sighting, and it involved cursing out Jared Leto. I was cycling home when a giant SUV with the words VIP Shuttle emblazoned on the side blocked the main throughfare in front of a hotel. The cars behind it started honking, I started yelling "get the f*** out of the way, the SUV just sits there because, ya know, it's a VIP Shuttle. This bearded guy comes out of the hotel with his entourage and saunters to the Shuttle and I holler "hurry the fu...hey, that's Jared Leto..hey Leto, hurry the f*** up".

So if you read a tweet from him complaining about a fat chick on a bike cursing at him on King Street, that would be me.
    waywyrd, Hyper, M_shelll and 4 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    In all the years it's been running here, today was my first TIFF related celebrity sighting, and it involved cursing out Jared Leto. I was cycling home when a giant SUV with the words VIP Shuttle emblazoned on the side blocked the main throughfare in front of a hotel. The cars behind it started honking, I started yelling "get the f*** out of the way, the SUV just sits there because, ya know, it's a VIP Shuttle. This bearded guy comes out of the hotel with his entourage and saunters to the Shuttle and I holler "hurry the fu...hey, that's Jared Leto..hey Leto, hurry the f*** up".

So if you read a tweet from him complaining about a fat chick on a bike cursing at him on King Street, that would be me.
    LOL! thats so funny! WTG Rattus.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

First off . . .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HARRY!!!!!!!!!!

To continue . . .

This whole deal with the pics is sad. Just sad. I'll bet William went through the ROOF. But, then again, this incident touches on ideas that we brought up earlier during the uproar about Harry's pics.

Had this been any one of us on this board, or elsewhere, topless pics wouldn't be an issue. Hell, they might never've seen the light of day, anyway. Wait. I take that back. There IS always FB, at least, isn't there?

Anyway, it just goes back to the fact that William, Kate, Harry, et. al., are NOT Jane and Joe Smith, John Doe, etc. Much as they would LIKE to lead "normal" lives, as long as they draw breath --- even if William became King of England tomorrow and abdicated the day after that --- there will never NOT be the reality of some jerk with a camera snapping pics that can and will come back to haunt them.

It's not right. It's not fair. But, for them, unfortunately, it's reality. They cannot do what "normal" people do. Therefore, they have GOT to live with that fact, understand it, and, sadly, realize that everything they do MUST BE GIVEN THOUGHT AND CONSIDERATION BEFORE IT IS DONE. And, in some cases --- after thinking it through --- NOT DO IT. That is their life. They will NEVER have the type of privacy that most of us and most of the rest of the world enjoy.

Kate, like Harry, but in a different way, let her guard down.

And, like captain, I am NOT endorsing what that French mag did. I think they are real jerks for that.

And, try to justify it though they might, their actions may very well end up costing them money.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

CCL

I had to go to his twitter after that. There's a picture of him in the SUV looking like a tool.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

She won't ever be Queen. She'll be Queen Consort. She'll probably be called Queen Catherine, but she won't ever be part of the line of succession.

I agree with the post above: they were on a private and very remote estate. I think there should be some expectation of privacy. It's scummy that, not only was a photographer hunting her with a huge telephoto lens, but that the magazine published them. Those "journalists" should be ashamed of themselves. I agree that they need to be careful about what they do because photographers are always around, but I also think being on a remote private estate should entitle them to some privacy.
    mom2 and AmyKay like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    She won't ever be Queen. She'll be Queen Consort. She'll probably be called Queen Catherine, but she won't ever be part of the line of succession.

I agree with the post above: they were on a private and very remote estate. I think there should be some expectation of privacy. It's scummy that, not only was a photographer hunting her with a huge telephoto lens, but that the magazine published them. Those "journalists" should be ashamed of themselves. I agree that they need to be careful about what they do because photographers are always around, but I also think being on a remote private estate should entitle them to some privacy.
    Yep. Queen Consort. Just like, in Sweden, the flip side there is that Prince Daniel is married to Crown Princess Victoria. SHE will be Queen of the country once her father passes, but Daniel will only ever be known as Prince Daniel, or Prince Consort Daniel.

And I absolutely agree with what you and KatesMom said above about there needing to be some expectation of privacy for them, and what KatesMom said when she referred to a woman choosing to walk down a street at night, without fear of being raped.

I remember, growing up in Atlanta, when a female could --- and DID --- walk the streets at one, two, three o'clock in the MORNING, and nothing would happen to her. Everywhere and ANYWHERE in the city. I, FOR ONE, did. And, believe me, you sure as hell can't do that, now. There are some places here that I won't even walk the street at high noon on a sunny summer day (even though I did decades ago), because to do so could nowadays be hazardous to my health.

PERMANENTLY.

Just as I don't think it was right of that pap to take those pics of Kate, or that French rag to publish them, I am also disgusted with TMZ for releasing that photo of Omarosa at LAX.

But, God help us all, that's the problem with the status of life that Kate married into, and the line of work that Jennifer, Omarosa and all the rest of them engage in.

There are ALWAYS going to be wolves out there that feel that because of the status of life one was born or married into, or the profession that one chooses to engage in, there is a 24/7/365 free-for-all, open season on them.

No, that manner of thinking is NOT right. It's completely insane, in my opinion. But other than do what William and Katherine are doing --- suing --- I think these folks have no other recourse (unless they want to stay in court all the time and amass legal fees out the wazoo) BUT to have to think about every move they make and breath they take BEFORE they do it, if they're going out their front door.

And govern themselves accordingly.

It sucks. It's heinous. It's complete and utter bull$#!+.

But, what else is there for them to do?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

What needs to happen for the paparazzi to keep their lenses to themselves for the general public to stop buying celebrity-centric periodicals, stop browsing celebrity-centric websites, stop discussing celebrity activites, just stop paying any attention to what celebrities are doing altogether. And there you go, no more market for this stuff.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

What needs to happen for the paparazzi to keep their lenses to themselves for the general public to stop buying celebrity-centric periodicals, stop browsing celebrity-centric websites, stop discussing celebrity activites, just stop paying any attention to what celebrities are doing altogether. And there you go, no more market for this stuff.
    Too true, Rattus.

But, there will always, I think, be people out there who feed into and off of this stuff.

This is like a dog chasing its own tail.
    Last edited by ness; 09-15-2012 at 10:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread