+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4530Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

It sure is.

You never know what's going on in somebody's life.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    It sure is.

You never know what's going on in somebody's life.
    Too true. It does make me sad though. They seemed like such a good match. The few little things I've read all say that there is not a third party involved. Maybe they just grew apart

Selfishly, I'm sad we probably won't ever see them acting together again.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Me, too.

I loved them SO much in "Blades of Glory"!

Oh, well.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Me, too.

I loved them SO much in "Blades of Glory"!

Oh, well.
    They were hilarious in Blades of Glory!

"Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch."
    ness likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was sad to hear about Amy and her husband divorcing too. Normally, I think that a split is best when there are extreme factors such as violence or drugs, but to split just because the spark is gone after 9 years of marriage seems rather selfish IMO. They have two kids ages 2 and 3. Do they think, that it's going to always be hot and heavy in the bedroom with anyone? With two little ones and careers, it may be that something else had to take a backseat so they could focus on their marriage. It's their business, but their attitude seems so casual about it. It's great the split is amicable, but still sad. Perhaps their desire to have a romance could have been put on hold so the kids could at least spend their early childhood years under one roof with their both parents.

I know many will be surprised to see this post. It's really not like me at all, but it really struck me for some reason.

CCL

Well, we don't really know the reason they split up. As the saying goes, all unhappy families are unhappy in their own way...if it's just a case of the spark being gone, yes, they could work on that, but if they're really unhappy and can't fix it, it's probably best for them, and their children, that they part.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

As the child of people who stayed together for far too long, I can testify to that.

I've had the feeling that there was trouble in paradise for quite a while now. I recall seeing them at some awards show (the Emmys maybe? People's Choice? Golden Globes?) and thinking that they seemed to be disengaged from one another. It wasn't as bad as Brad and Jennifer at, possibly, those same awards near the end, but there was no touching, no looking at the one who was talking, no interaction between them. Not at all what I wold have expected.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There's only so long one can fake it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amy and her husband have kids ages 2 and 3. I wonder how long things weren't right. I think that the kids happiness should come above their desire to find an exciting lover. I"m not advocating staying in a miserable marriage, but from what the couple says, they just lost their spark in the romance dept. It just strikes me as selfish. The vows are for better and worse. I just don't think losing the spark is a good reason to divorce, expecially when you have little kids.
    Poppy Fields likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Amy and her husband have kids ages 2 and 3. I wonder how long things weren't right. I think that the kids happiness should come above their desire to find an exciting lover. I"m not advocating staying in a miserable marriage, but from what the couple says, they just lost their spark in the romance dept. It just strikes me as selfish. The vows are for better and worse. I just don't think losing the spark is a good reason to divorce, expecially when you have little kids.
    I think you exhaust or possibilities to keep the marriage together. But if you are still not happy, and nothing works- staying together for the children's sake is not good. Not good for the couple, not good for the children. jmho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread