+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4585Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Apparently, she's very much revamped her long-held standing as one of the nastiest, most ill-tempered British Royals around, and is now well-known for how very hard she works each year for charities that SHE is patron of, I believe.

Great lady!
    This is neither here nor there, but it is entirely possible to be a hateful shrew or a world-class douchebag and still spend a lot of time doing charity work. I know this from personal experience.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

The problem is NOT that Harry was naked in the room, the problem is he allowed pictures to be taken. I remember very little slack for the Bush twins and their escapades.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    This is neither here nor there, but it is entirely possible to be a hateful shrew or a world-class douchebag and still spend a lot of time doing charity work. I know this from personal experience.
    WHAT is neither here nor there? I seem to be missing whatever your point is.

Why? Because of COURSE it's ABSOLUTELY possible to be a hateful shrew or a world class douchebag and still spend a lot of time doing charity work. Anne was doing charity work, too, when she was widely KNOWN --- AND DISLIKED --- as a rolling bitch.

The point of MY post (besides the fact that she's NEVER been known as any kind of a fashion icon) was to acknowledge that Anne, for WHATEVER the reason, has experienced what seems to be a drastic change of her public persona over the years. She has gone from being a hellified harpy to a decent, even reasonably nice and pleasant person, who also appears to work doubly hard nowadays as a patron for her charities. And as a British Royal, she's done charity patronages and work for years. It's part of what they're born into to do, I think.

So, yeah, just as it's possible to be a fashion disaster and/or a rolling bitch, one can STILL be able to be involved in charitable activities that benefit others. Anne, at least, has proven that the two are not mutually exclusive. I called her a great lady because in spite of her negative public persona of many years, she has ALWAYS been a patron of various charities, and done charitable work, and now seems to be coming in to her own as also being a nicer, more reasonable public person. As well as being one of the royal family that works hardest in these endeavors.

In MY personal experience, some of the biggest, most ill-bred heifers I know --- people I wouldn't bother to spit on if I saw them on fire in the street --- are, ironically, some of the main persons that actually give to/do volunteer work in/raise money for various charitable causes. I cheer this about them, even as I recognize that other than this, they're not very agreeable or likeable people. I think they're great for what they do to help others, even while being full-blown bitches and more likely than not to be the first ones that are going to bust Hell wide open.

Perhaps I've clarified my earlier post now.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    WHAT is neither here nor there? I seem to be missing whatever your point is.

Why? Because of COURSE it's ABSOLUTELY possible to be a hateful shrew or a world class douchebag and still spend a lot of time doing charity work. Anne was doing charity work, too, when she was widely KNOWN --- AND DISLIKED --- as a rolling bitch..
    My point was in reponse to your:

Apparently, she's very much revamped her long-held standing as one of the nastiest, most ill-tempered British Royals around, and is now well-known for how very hard she works each year for charities that SHE is patron of, I believe.
    So, according to your very own worrds, she was nasty and ill-tempered, but she now works hard for charities. You didn't make what appears to be your actual position clear in your initial post.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    The problem is NOT that Harry was naked in the room, the problem is he allowed pictures to be taken. I remember very little slack for the Bush twins and their escapades.
    The biggest difference is that the Bush twins were in their late teens when they acted up, just like Harry has done in the past. At that age people will just shake their heads & get over it, saying they're young & will learn. If you notice, the Bush twins did just that: grew up & learned. Harry, not so much.

Harry is 27 & should know better. He knows the media is waiting for him to slip up. He should have take all precautions to make sure this private party stayed private. Not doing so was far worse than a naked party.
    ness likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    My point was in reponse to your:

So, according to your very own worrds, she was nasty and ill-tempered, but she now works hard for charities. You didn't make what appears to be your actual position clear in your initial post.
    So now, with my very own words in my second post, I've redeemed myself for the murder I committed with my very own words in my initial post?!

It ain't my first, and I'm pretty sure it won't be my last!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Poor Harry! Ol' Bubba is 27 years old and now in 'time out'! Call the Supernanny!!!!
    captain, ness and Shoepie like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If appearing naked at a private party is the worst he's done, be thankful. It's not like Harry was posing for the pics.

Could he be a little more discreet? Sure . . . but what happens in Vegas is supposed to stay in Vegas.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Terrell Owens (T.O.), a stellar football player who was a celeb in this thread a while ago, has been cut by the Seattle Seahawks, a couple of days before the seasons cuts were announced. He used to buddy up with Chad (Ochocinco) Johnson when they both played for Cincinnati. Thank goodness, he didn't lose his mind and beat anybody up....he just wasn't "cutting the mustard", so to speak. He is 38 and at the end of his career, too. I hate to see it, but everybody's time comes. He hurt his knee over a year ago. Shame.....he was a real star. Now, if he can just steer clear of Chaddy. T.O., kind of, came in the front door and went out the back door.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    This monarchy will change, not that I care. They have stopped beheading people so there is hope. It is all so silly. You have to back out of a room so you don't turn your back on the queen. And there is much more nonsense. I like Harry, Fergie and Diana though. Good for all of them crossing these imaginary lines.
    Gawd yeah. I loves me some Harry.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread