+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5004Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

CCL

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

^ With security paid for by the British public...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    If you didn't know any different, how would you be able to say that? You do live/adhere to laws of society do you not? You drive the speed limit? Don't use a cell phone while driving? Wear a seat belt? Don't murder those who tick you off? Aren't those foisted upon you against your will? (For some reason, I picture you as a female James Dean though, is that weird? LOL)
    My family drives, I don't, I pedal. I don't do stuff that I personally think is stupid, and that includes using the cell-phone while I'm cycling, or stuff that I think is immoral, and that includes murdering those who tick me off. My family is right-wing religious, and that is how I was brought up. However, I am left of centre atheist. If people didn't have the intelligence or courage to pull away from protocol, we'd all still be living in caves.
    prhoshay and Shoepie like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"If people didn't have the intelligence or courage to pull away from protocol, we'd all still be living in caves."

Excellent point!!!

(I picture her as my crabby friend, Bill! Twins, separated at birth!!)
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

This monarchy will change, not that I care. They have stopped beheading people so there is hope. It is all so silly. You have to back out of a room so you don't turn your back on the queen. And there is much more nonsense. I like Harry, Fergie and Diana though. Good for all of them crossing these imaginary lines.

FORT Fogey

To be fair to Beatrice, her wedding hat may have been hideous, but after it attracted the attention it did, instead of getting upset about all the comments about how ugly it was, she put it up for auction on e-bay, where someone paid approximately $130,000 for it, and then she split the proceeds between the charities Unicef and Children in Crisis. If I remember correctly, at the time, she said that if people were going to enjoy making fun of it that much, she might as well make some money for charity with it. So she may have no fashion sense, but at least she has a sense of humor about her lack of fashion sense--and some charitable causes benefitted from it.
    Critical and JulieAnn like this.

Frankly the Royal family needs to get over themselves and allow these young people to live their lives!
    Shoepie likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Frankly the Royal family needs to get over themselves and allow these young people to live their lives!

There is more fuss in other countries than there is in the UK- I wonder why that is.In-fact , Harry is kind of old news there.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    There is more fuss in other countries than there is in the UK- I wonder why that is.In-fact , Harry is kind of old news there.
    Oh there is plenty of fussing over there!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Oh there is plenty of fussing over there!
    Hmm not that big, the media are po'd because they cant print the pictures. A bigger fuss was made when Fergie was caught in the toe sucking incident
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    To be fair to Beatrice, her wedding hat may have been hideous, but after it attracted the attention it did, instead of getting upset about all the comments about how ugly it was, she put it up for auction on e-bay, where someone paid approximately $130,000 for it, and then she split the proceeds between the charities Unicef and Children in Crisis. If I remember correctly, at the time, she said that if people were going to enjoy making fun of it that much, she might as well make some money for charity with it. So she may have no fashion sense, but at least she has a sense of humor about her lack of fashion sense--and some charitable causes benefitted from it.
    And good on Beatrice for doing so (Thanks! Don't know why, but for some reason, I always seem to morph her and Eugenie, so I couldn't remember specifically WHICH one of 'em it was that wore "That Hat" at the second I posted!)!

Sure, I remember that auction, the why of it, how much that hat sold for, and the resulting dispensing of the funds to those charities. Matter of fact, when the hat was being auctioned off, I CLEARLY recall going on eBay to take a look for myself, because I couldn't BELIEVE the figures I'd just read online that were being reported. At the time, the posting was up, and my jaw dropped.

So, no question at all that Bea has a sense of humor about her lack of fashion sense. I, myself, have a sense of humor and no fashion sense, as well. So, while I am not of Royal blood with the ability to mine gold from my castoff jeans, etc., yes, I totally got what happened with "That Hat".

But, facts are facts.

In THIS instance, Bea DID take advantage of that lack of fashion sense, and made hay while the sun shone through using it for philanthropy. And, again, good on her for doing so!

BUT . . .

Bless their hearts, like their mother before them, Beatrice and Eugenie are consistently known for NOT being la creme de la creme when it comes to being fashionistas. Even with all that money and high-fashion designers at their disposal, the ladies in question DO miss the mark on more occasions, than not.

So, yeah, apparently sweet girls though they may very well be, they ARE usually viewed singly and together as jokes of the British Royal family, via fashion. Which was the original point of my post, I think. NOT intentional or unintentional fairness regarding how her/their fashion mistakes are used to benefit those in need (which, this is the only time I recall either of them doing something like this so publicly, if at ALL, BTW).

And can anyone say: "Princess Anne?"

Apparently, she's very much revamped her long-held standing as one of the nastiest, most ill-tempered British Royals around, and is now well-known for how very hard she works each year for charities that SHE is patron of, I believe.

Great lady!

But fashion sense?

Far as THAT goes, the only taste she seems to have in THAT area is in her mouth. And it's been that way for her for years and YEARS.

So, in that respect, Anne could ALSO be viewed as a British Royal joke.

Just as Harry might wind up being viewed if he doesn't rein himself in, at some point.

And no, none of them are losing any sleep or getting headaches about MHO, but, then again, they ARE public people on the world stage.
    Last edited by ness; 08-26-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread