+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 1100 FirstFirst ... 185859606162636465666768697071727374757677781181685681068 ... LastLast
Like Tree4600Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3602935

Timberlake and Diaz Split?

HOLLYWOOD - Pop star Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz have ended their relationship, according to media reports.

The singer spent the Christmas season at home in Tennessee surrounded by his close-knit family, while Diaz went skiing with girlfriends in Vail, Colorado.

Sources tell Star magazine that the couple, who have dated since 2003, decided to go their separate ways in early December.

The source says, "They had been planning to be together in Tennessee with his folks, but he came out alone and she stayed in L.A."

On Dec. 23, Timberlake was seen out with friends at Senses nightclub in Memphis, where he reportedly confirmed the split to fellow revelers, saying, "Me and Cameron? We're done."

And Timberlake isn't wasting any time finding love again--pals claim the pop superstar met up with ex Veronica Finn, in his hometown of Millington.

Ironically, Finn, a real estate agent now living in Tampa, Florida, was the girl picked to replace another of Timberlake's ex-loves, Britney Spears, when she departed all-girl group Innosense for a solo career.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2193671;
    .... Julia Roberts. ..... But I think that sometimes celebs do get caught in the middle of having to accept large gifts and giving them away. Somebody at J&J would be teeed off I'm sure and who knows who knows who and so on. I think she did ok by graciously accepting the gift on tv and who knows what she will really do out of the spotlight. She may not even open the box at home.
    Actually, the gift of $25k in Johnson & Johnson baby products was in the form of a gift amount voucher (like a gift card for that amount) that was sent to her at the hospital. It was one of the hospital nurses who mentioned to a reporter several weeks later about that and other gifts Roberts' had received at the hospital, in fact said Ms. Roberts' room was full of flowers and other gifts and it took hospital staff a few trips to carry out everything when Julia checked out, and that Julia herself went through everything to make sure it all made it out to her vehicle. Julia seemed surprised by the question in a talk show later, but then mentioned that she had indeed used it, that it comes in handy when you have twins.

Some time back, here in FoRT (maybe a year or two ago), in another thread about Julia Roberts, I had mentioned how I worked closely with her on a project here in New Mexico involving her home in Taos, and found out from personal experience that she's a bitter, mean-spirited narcissist who pretty much thinks only of herself and what she wants, feels she is entitled to a lot of special treatment from 'commoners', and damn anyone around her who doesn't kiss her butt. So yes, I have no doubts whatsoever that she did indeed keep and use her $25k gift from Johnson & Johnson. This is the same petty woman who had post-wedding flowers at her Taos ranch tilled under soil rather than agree to a local request to donate the flowers to the hospital afterwards to be distributed to patients. Her reason? As she stated to one of her ranch employees, a friend of mine... "what the hell am I, a donation factory?" And yes, I understand that many celebs do get hit up for donations a lot, but c'mon... destroy already-paid-for flowers from a wedding rather than give them to a hospital to give to patients? That's just pettiness, and typical of her. I came out of that project vowing never to work with her on another (even tho the opportunity came up several times, due to my work and the nature of some work she does with her Taos property). I've never liked celebs like Roberts who treat others as she does, and who carries around the smug air of entitlement, and needs to have her bohuncus kissed. Ick. Pretty Woman? No, more like Petty Woman.

On a more important topic, misskitty.... love your new kitties avatar, lol! And I love the cat in Cornedbeef's avatar too! Cuteness Alerts!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2193923;
    ....Some time back, here in FoRT (maybe a year or two ago), in another thread about Julia Roberts, I had mentioned how I worked closely with her on a project here in New Mexico involving her home in Taos, and found out from personal experience that she's a bitter, mean-spirited narcissist who pretty much thinks only of herself and what she wants, feels she is entitled to a lot of special treatment from 'commoners', and damn anyone around her who doesn't kiss her butt...
    Wow, I had no idea! I thought she was a nice person. Thanks for the insight! .

I hope Teri Garr recovers ok. I always liked her.

Nice to read Nikki Cox is getting married. Hope it lasts.
    ---------------

The 2006 Darwin Awards movie was just released. Anyone see any of these films? Sound kinda funny yet morbid. Ewww. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0428446/
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2193923;
    This is the same petty woman who had post-wedding flowers at her Taos ranch tilled under soil rather than agree to a local request to donate the flowers to the hospital afterwards to be distributed to patients.
    Wow. I agree--I'm sure celebs are hit up for loans, donations, appearances all the time and they must get tired of it. But when you have so much, wouldn't it feel good to give some back--even just a teeny tiny little bit? Some of the patients surely would've gotten a kick getting Julia Roberts' wedding flowers!

BTW, after our wedding, we gave our wedding flowers to any of our guests who wanted them. The husband and I were leaving for our honeymoon the following morning--so aside from my wedding bouquet (which I asked my mother to take home and dry for me to save), we told all the guests to feel free to take home the center pieces etc. We donated some of the larger arrangements to family members' churches to use as decorations for their weekend functions/services.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2194367;
    BTW, after our wedding, we gave our wedding flowers to any of our guests who wanted them. The husband and I were leaving for our honeymoon the following morning--so aside from my wedding bouquet (which I asked my mother to take home and dry for me to save), we told all the guests to feel free to take home the center pieces etc. We donated some of the larger arrangements to family members' churches to use as decorations for their weekend functions/services.
    That's great, Lois And on top of your generosity, just think of all the time and work it saved whoever had to clean up after the wedding and reception Much better to let people who would enjoy those things have them than to have someone tossing them into the trash or whatever. That way, the flowers and centerpieces bring added joy to someone You have class, Lois
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2194367;
    In my experiences over the years, this is a pretty common thing that a lot of people do with their wedding centerpieces. It just makes for easier cleanup and it's a convenience for the bridal couple by giving them one less thing to deal with afterward.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 01-04-2007 at 12:12 PM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I totally agree. I've been the recipient of a couple lovely wedding centerpieces myself.

Even though celebrities probably do get hit up for donations they also are on the receiving end of freebies all the time. Expensive freebies (I'd love to get one of those awards gift bags!)

It's called give and take, but obviously some like to take more than give. :nono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://www.people.com/people/article...006812,00.html

Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Esposito Marry
    THURSDAY JANUARY 04, 2007 09:35 PM EST

By Julie Jordan

Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Esposito were married over the holidays in late December, their rep has confirmed to PEOPLE.

The wedding, just like their romance, was a low-profile affair. No details of when or where the ceremony took place were available. The two only announced their engagement in October.

It was a year ago, though, that Cooper, who turns 32 Jan. 5, and Esposito, 34, greeted each other with a kiss on the lips at the Warner Bros. and InStyle Golden Globes party. When asked if they were an item, Esposito told PEOPLE coyly, "I'm not answering that."

Esposito starred in the 2005-06 WB series Related and last year won, along with her costars, a Screen Actors Guild award for best cast in a motion picture for Crash. She had an eight-month romance with Benjamin Bratt from 1996-97 and later dated All My Children actor Cameron Mathison.

Cooper got his big break in 2001, when he joined the cast of Alias, and in 2005 starred in the short-lived FOX sitcom Kitchen Confidential. He also appeared in last summer's Wedding Crashers and performed opposite Julia Roberts on Broadway in Three Days of Rain.

This is the first marriage for both.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2194731;
    Even though celebrities probably do get hit up for donations they also are on the receiving end of freebies all the time. Expensive freebies (I'd love to get one of those awards gift bags!)

It's called give and take, but obviously some like to take more than give. :nono
    I heard that they were giving up on the gift bags since they were worth a lot of money and the government wanted the celebrities to pay taxes for the gifts. I don't know where I heard it though but it was recently.

+ Reply to Thread