+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4624Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Maturity is just not a lot of men's strong suits. Now, he and his family have a good story to tell for years to come. I think it's a great memory. It's not as if he has a strong chance of being king, and he knows that. His brother is going to give him hell for a long time to com!! Stupid stuff is, usually, part of growing up! Like libgirl said, at least he's not married or does not have children. As long as it is a one-time discretion, I say "no harm, no foul", but there should be no repeat of this antic.
    Coco46 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I agree... leave the guy alone. He is the wild one, as long as he isn't married or had kids he can do what he wants.
    He's the naughty Royal.He served his country and went to Afghanistan more than once.He let his hair down. He can do what he likes behind closed doors. Randy Andy( who, like Harry knew they would never be king) was the same - minus the cameras. He was in a private hotel room, & security should have kept a lookout, not partied with him.
    He is still my fave, I do think his mother would have stern words for him though
    Shoepie and Coco46 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He's the naughty Royal.He served his country and went to Afghanistan more than once.He let his hair down. He can do what he likes behind closed doors. Randy Andy( who, like Harry knew they would never be king) was the same - minus the cameras. He was in a private hotel room, & security should have kept a lookout, not partied with him.
    He is still my fave, I do think his mother would have stern words for him though
    The problem is that there are no closed doors for someone that famous. As many other people in the public eye have discovered, there's always someone willing to take pictures of you in embarrassing situations and sell them to the highest bidder. Remember Michael Phelps and the bong? In a perfect world, yes, he should be able to do whatever he wants behind closed doors, but the reality is that he's held to a higher standard and needs to start living up to that standard. As a guy I worked with once told a customer, "Yes sir, you and I both know how things should be. I'm telling you what IS."

Harry may be in trouble with the military as well. The Army has standards of behavior for its officers and he didn't live up to them. Still, I'd be more worried about the Queen if I were him.

I felt that way about the Bush twins too. When they were in college and doing things that "normal" college co-eds did, like partying and getting drunk and then getting in trouble, lots of people felt they should be given a break. IMO, when you father is the President, you don't get a break. It sucks, but you just can't act like every other co-ed.

Harry's behaving like an immature 27 year old and sorry, he doesn't have the luxury of doing that. I'd be surprised if his security detail didn't all get at least reassigned, if not fired. They really blew it and so did Harry.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    But he's not in college. He's 3rd in line for the crown and an officer in the military. Whether he likes it or not, he's held to a higher standard of behavior. I like him, but he needs to grow up or at least be smarter about who he spends his time with....or the crown needs to get him better handlers. There's no way those girls should have been allowed to keep their phones during that party. By all accounts, his security team fell down on the job and didn't do a darned thing once things started getting out of hand at that party.

I just think he's being stupid and juvenille and a bit naive. He's 27. It's time to start acting like a man and not a 19-year old boy.
    While I agree, one has to remember just how stuffy the royal life can be... always on your best behavior, expected to behave a certain way, perhaps its just a case of the "rebels" that we see in alot of young people. Granted he is older for it, but look how Diana and Fergie acted out at times and complained about how boring it was.

Now William seems to go along with all the pomp and well mannered life.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I disagree. I see nothing immature in his behavior He was naked with girls. The fact that he is part of the royal family means little to me, and by the looks of it, most if the UK are fine with Harry. If the military sees fit to do something, that's up to them.
    I suspect this isn't the first time he's done this, and it wont be the last. Next time they will make sure all cell phones etc are taken away. If he lived his life like his father, he would live a sad life., only to have fun( sort of) at an old age. I prefer happy Harry.

William knows one day he will be King. Although he's had a few things happen when he was younger.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    While I agree, one has to remember just how stuffy the royal life can be... always on your best behavior, expected to behave a certain way, perhaps its just a case of the "rebels" that we see in alot of young people. Granted he is older for it, but look how Diana and Fergie acted out at times and complained about how boring it was.

Yeah, but they weren't playing naked pool in a hotel in Vegas.....that we know of. Sorry, I don't think playing drunken strip pool with a bunch of girls in a hotel room in Vegas can't be called immature.....especially for a 27-year old with so much responsibility to behave better. I think Harry's been cut too much slack too often over his life.

I really DO like Harry. I think he's a intelligent, thoughtful (all recent evidence to the contrary) and charming young man, but I also think he needs to smarten up and start acting like an adult or at least surrounding himself with people who won't put him in these sorts of situations. In a perfect world, he would be able to do whatever he wants, but in the real world, he just can't.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

In the past I've looked past his foolish indiscretions, feeling that he's just being a young person. Unfortunately his being a Royal young person made these things embarassing or scandalous to the Royal Family.

This time it's different. He's not a kid anymore. Sure he's only 27 & single, but he's long since old enough to know better. Plus past history has shown him there are repercussions for unseemly actions, especially to the Royal Family. He also knows that it WILL get out & into the news media.

For someone who's not a Royal this isn't a huge deal, but for someone who is, it's another story. And, at this point, he knows it full well.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Let me get this straight...you have a doctor that YOU, willingly and through your personal experience label, "a quack", and you continue to do business with him? OK, maybe I'm just a hysterical overreactor but, unless I had a deathwish, I'd be seeking out a new doctor that inspired my confidence.
    LOL prhoshay, you are not an overreactor. I am Canadian and while universal health care has it's benefits, there are also drawbacks. I am lucky because I have a family doctor, quack or no quack. I live in a city of 120,000 and it is estimated that 10-15,000 don't have a family doctor. We are severely underserviced. I don't have the option of just "finding" another doctor. My mother ended up getting a new doctor but she had to go through an interview process. She had to fill out a questionnaire and actually had to have an interview with this doctor, and was accepted as a patient. If a new doctor does happen to set up a practice, there is a waiting list or the practice gets full pretty quick. My son and I will be screwed soon, because the doctor is getting up there in age. He also took over the most needy patients from his father in law, so he's busier than he probably wants to be.

I think this story about Prince Harry to be hilarious. The jokes about the crown jewels make me laugh, so maybe I am just as immature as Harry, 'cept I'm much older. He'll probably continue to act like his Uncle Andy until he marries and settles down. Although I don't think I would enjoy the talking down by that crabby old Queen.

I wouldn't feel all that safe with a security team or whatever they are when they don't even know basic things like no phones in this room. If they aren't being paid well, they'd be easy targets for bribes or other kind of behaviours.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I, for one, am glad that Harry is choosing to live HIS life. He can't live his life and live his life and live his live for his family, even if they are "royals". Like I've said, as long as this is not regular behavior, he's in good shape. I'm glad he is not as anal-retentive as some wish he would be. To keep your life on a shelf where all it does is collect dust would be the ultimate disregardof your God-given gift! These are people who die with a list of "I wish I had...."-s.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think this story about Prince Harry to be hilarious. The jokes about the crown jewels make me laugh, so maybe I am just as immature as Harry, 'cept I'm much older. He'll probably continue to act like his Uncle Andy until he marries and settles down. Although I don't think I would enjoy the talking down by that crabby old Queen

The Queen, his grandmother, seems to be busy with her hubby the Duke, I was on a UK forum this morning. and although he is out of hospital, he is very frail.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread