+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4635Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Her "alleged" 3" laceration and stitches probably helped convince her to "get to steppin' ".

Chad had said, during the filming of "Hardknocks", that he'd probably get arrested while he was off. It really creeped me out when he said he "loved her to death". That is threatening, to me.

Comparing Michael Vick to Chad Johnson, Michael was in his prime when his trouble occurred. Chad is at the tail end of his career, and just barely got that year-long, million dollar contract with the Dolphins. If he gets jail time for this repeat offense, which I really think he should, I doubt that anybody will pick him up. What is with this attacking women thing? It's not OK. Men have an unfair physical advantage over women; they're bigger, stronger, more powerful...especially in this case. He is trained to be one huge, dangerous muscle.
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kelsey Grammer is whining that he didn't get an Emmy nomination this year because he's a Republican Um, maybe it's because your show is on Starz...or maaaaybe, it's because you're a dirtbag who cheated on and dumped your wife and then married yet another MUCH younger blonde almost immediately after you gave the last MUCH younger blonde (who you talked lots of smack about in public) the boot. I think it has more to do with him as a person that his politics. Really, I doubt ANY party would want to claim him with his scummy behavior.

Sorry, but I've never been a KG fan. He made a career out of playing one character and the more I see of him, I think he was pretty much playing himself. I hate this kind of whiny finger pointing. You didn't get nominated because other actors were better!...and maybe because you're an unlikeable creep.
    tapper01, Coco46, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Looks like its over.... no surprise. If she thought she would find stability with him, she was sadly mistaken. At least she didn't turn him into a father figure for her son.

Jenny McCarthy splits from Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher - Yahoo! omg!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Looks like its over.... no surprise. If she thought she would find stability with him, she was sadly mistaken. At least she didn't turn him into a father figure for her son.

Jenny McCarthy splits from Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher - Yahoo! omg!
    And is anyone surprised?
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    And is anyone surprised?
    Actually I'm surprised it didn't end sooner.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    That's still Jim's job according to her.
    JulieAnn and its_glinda_now like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just finished reading the last few pages here....what a mess these people all are!
    All I get from this is that we have a lot of attention-seeking giant egos who have tossed out everything in exchange for being a celeb and in the public's eye.
    Seems like things never change for celebs or "movie stars" except now with reality tv and the internet, everyone wants to be famous and it doesn't matter how they do it.
    And to me, it gets dirtier and messy-er and pathetic. There are so very few of these public figures that can be admired...they just want to be famous - infamous, really.
    Am I just an old woman or does this bode very badly for the human race?
    bee stung lips likes this.

Go read Hollywood Babylon, which came out over 30 years ago and deals with scandals in "old" Hollywood. There's nothing new going on here - we're just hearing about it more because of the overly-invasive media and the Internet. There's stuff in that book that would curl your hair.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Go read Hollywood Babylon, which came out over 30 years ago and deals with scandals in "old" Hollywood. There's nothing new going on here - we're just hearing about it more because of the overly-invasive media and the Internet. There's stuff in that book that would curl your hair.
    There are a lot of biographies/autobiographies about Hollywood of the thirties and forties that will reveal a lot that might shock people. The studio system just kept a lot of it quiet, and of course, without the internet, cell phones etc., it was much easier to keep anyone over whom the studios couldn't exert some control from leaking stories. Not that people in the system themselves weren't often aware of who was having affairs with whom, who had alcohol/drug problems, who was gay etc. They just kept it from the general public.

Note: I just wanted to be clear: my last example wasn't meant to be homophobic. It's just that in the thirties and forties, that would be another thing the studios would want kept quiet, particularly with regard to romantic leads.

And if you look at murder amongst celebrities, pretty much all the more recent ones were committed by those middle-aged or older, so the problem isn't currently with the young folk.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread