+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4741Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

  1. #6691
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Whoopee she finally caught one.
    I'm so glad the whole Poor Jen, unlucky in love bit is ending. She seemed to revel in it.

    Obviously I'm not a fan, but I hope the marriage happens & they end up happy together.
    Then please, media, don't bore us with her anymore.
    I'm on tap-a-talk so I have no "like" option, but I will give to this post. I cannot abide the woman and her horrible movies. She is mainly famous for being dumped - and how many good movies has she made? 2? I'll give her The Good Girl but her casting in Office Space was dumb luck. She must have the greatest agent and/or publicist in the world to keep her in the public eye. (Come to think of it, she must have the same one as Jennifer Lopez). My only thought when I saw the news of her engagement was how it was possibly front-page news on my local paper's mobile site.
    Coco46 likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

  2. #6692
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    In other news ever-so-slightly connected to Jennifer Anniston, it appears that Miley Cyrus has a new hairdo . . . . . or perhaps, in this case, a hair don't.

    The same guy responsible for the "Rachel" gave Hannah Montanna a cut and dye job. Honestly, it looks kinda like she did it herself.

    Attachment 28516
    Does he not like her?

  3. #6693
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,623

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    I saw pics of Miley's hair online that are a lot more flattering than the one above. I think it looks cute. She's a beautiful 19 year old girl. This is the age when she should be allowed to do whatever kooky thing she wants with her hair. It'll grow out.
    dagwood and Rattus like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  4. #6694
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,291

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    I LOVE Miley's haircut much much more than I love Miley, in general. I really like it when somebody steps out and stops looking so generic, like everybody else. I think it's adorable! And it is a really GOOD cut. It's edgy! I get so sick of the long hair look. I'm not a fan of the color, but I think that even that looks good on her. Work It, Girl!!!! I just love it when young women step outside the box that everybody else seems content to dwell in.

    Another thing on my mind today is Taylor Swift making herself look like a Kennedy family stalker. There's something just odd about her buying the house across the street from where they live. Strange, strange, strange.
    Miss_Griss and bee stung lips like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  5. #6695
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I saw pics of Miley's hair online that are a lot more flattering than the one above. I think it looks cute. She's a beautiful 19 year old girl. This is the age when she should be allowed to do whatever kooky thing she wants with her hair. It'll grow out.
    While not a fan of the new look, I agree that at 19 she's at the age to have fun with her hair, expecially if it's short. Hair grows out. You can experiment with colors, styles & combinations of both 'till you find what's right for you & flatters. 10-15 years from now she'd be getting the "What the heck have you done with yourself?!?!" reaction. Plus it could reflect on job offers.
    Right now it's just a 19 year old having fun.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  6. #6696
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,291

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Heard that Mrs. Chad Johnson is heading for divorce court. Women tend not to be playing around when it comes to their looks. She wished him well and expressed hope that he got help for his problems. They've only been married about 6 weeks.

    Geez, Chad.....what a loser.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  7. #6697
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,776

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I LOVE Miley's haircut much much more than I love Miley, in general. I really like it when somebody steps out and stops looking so generic, like everybody else. I think it's adorable! And it is a really GOOD cut. It's edgy! I get so sick of the long hair look. I'm not a fan of the color, but I think that even that looks good on her. Work It, Girl!!!! I just love it when young women step outside the box that everybody else seems content to dwell in.

    Another thing on my mind today is Taylor Swift making herself look like a Kennedy family stalker. There's something just odd about her buying the house across the street from where they live. Strange, strange, strange.
    I'm with you on the Taylor Swift thing. For that matter, how long before the Kennedy kid becomes a victim of one of Taylor's song inspirations post break up? She seems to have made a career about writing songs about her failed puppy-love relationships.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  8. #6698
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,291

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Whatever therapy works, I guess.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #6699
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,776

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Ha! I guess, yes.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  10. #6700
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,314

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    While not a fan of the new look, I agree that at 19 she's at the age to have fun with her hair, expecially if it's short. Hair grows out. You can experiment with colors, styles & combinations of both 'till you find what's right for you & flatters. 10-15 years from now she'd be getting the "What the heck have you done with yourself?!?!" reaction. Plus it could reflect on job offers.
    Right now it's just a 19 year old having fun.
    Just wanted to add that the report is that she cut it to donate it to charity. Whether I like the cut or not, I think it is extremely admirable that anyone does this. The last time I cut my hair I had them cut it a lot shorter than I originally intended. The reason? You can donate 6 inches or longer, but 10 inches is the minimum needed to give a little girl a bob. I think girls feel the loss of hair much more than boys - and are teased more for it, so when I found out that what I intended to donate was 8 inches, I told her to take the extra 2. While I think anyone doing it should be commended, I get a little offended at the people who do it for a free haircut. My hairstylist told me about this woman who had hair all the way down her back. She comes in every year just to get 6 inches cut, so she can get it for free. Knowing the reality, it just seems wrong to me that she doesn't go for the full 10 inches. I'm sure I'm being judgmental, but it just seems like she is doing it for a free haircut, without caring about the kids at all.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.