+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 1093 FirstFirst ... 175758596061626364656667686970717273747576771171675671067 ... LastLast
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I'd like jenn, except i feel that ben ruined her.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2191393;
    I'd like jenn, except i feel that ben ruined her.
    Maybe she'll save Ben instead and make him nice like her!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2191386;
    The other thing that she did that I thought was so sweet and unaffected was that she introduced herself to the guys who rolled out the big platform of Target products (to show the kinds of things that would be donated). There she is saying, "Hi, I'm Jennifer" and shaking hands with these guys, who clearly knew who she was. I found it very endearing.
    It could all be an act, but it seems like she was raised incredibly well--a nice, normal upbringing with nice, middle class parents. She just gets more and more gorgeous every year, too! And I love that she's open about her awesome figure--that she works out all the time to stay in shape AND that she wears girdles when she goes to premiers! I love it! I hate those actresses/models who think it's chic to say, "Oh, I eat all I want and never exercise." I'm guessing there's 1 woman out of every 1,000 (like my sister) who can actually claim that and are being honest. I think the rest secretly diet and exercise like fiends but like to pretend they don't (for some peculiar reason)!

Also, anyone else see the photo of Tyra Banks in a bathing suit (vacationing in Australia) in the current issue of US magazine? I actually thought it was Star Jones at first! She's still her usual pretty self--but she has put on some weight. Good--hope she's enjoying eating a decent meal and not stressing about having to look a certain way!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://www.people.com/people/article...005817,00.html

Teri Garr Recovering from Brain Aneurysm
    TUESDAY JANUARY 02, 2007 05:30 PM EST

By Michelle Tan

Actress Teri Garr, 62, is "recovering nicely" after undergoing surgery to treat a brain aneurysm, her rep tells PEOPLE.

"She's alert. She's sitting up. She's talking," says her rep. "The prognosis is very, very good."

Things didn't look so positive on the morning of Dec. 21 when Garr's daughter Molly, 13, and a woman who works for the actress couldn't wake Garr up and called 911.

Garr who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in the late '90s was immediately brought to the hospital where doctors performed a coil embolism, according to her rep.

Since the surgery, Garr whose movies include Unaccompanied Minors and Tootsie for which received a Best Supporting Actress Oscar nomination spent the holidays in the hospital, with her two brothers at her bedside and "her humor seems to be intact," says her rep.

So is her passion for puzzles. On New Year's Day, Garr chose to ring in 2007 by requesting a copy of the New York Times crossword.

The biggest puzzle in Garr's life, however, took over 20 years to be solved as she suffered intermittent symptoms of multiple sclerosis, a chronic, degenerative disease of the nervous system.

After receiving various diagnoses from doctors for years in the late '90s she went to see the chairman of the neurology department at USC's School of Medicine. "He was the first to say, 'This is probably MS. Let's get you on some drug therapy ASAP," she wrote in her memoir, Speedbumps (originally titled Does This Wheelchair Make Me Look Fat?), which PEOPLE excerpted in November 2005.

"People always ask, 'What was it like when you got the diagnosis?' It was anything but traumatic. After 20 years it was a relief to finally have someone say, 'This is what it is, let's deal with it.'"

Friends who know Garr say she is always upbeat. "She can't possibly be having an easy time with the MS," Garr's former boyfriend, Spyglass Entertainment co-CEO and co-chairman Roger Birnbaum, told PEOPLE Tuesday, "but it does not dampen her spirits. She's still the funniest person I know."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I've always liked her (especially in "Tootsie") so I hope she has a speedy recovery!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I didn't know she had MS. I've always liked her, too - hope she recovers quickly.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I didn't know she had MS either. I know this is morbid but a brain aneurism has always been one of my death fears. Luckily hers was operable and I too wish her a speedy recovery. If you've never seen Let it Ride (one of my favorite Richard Dreyfuss movies) she is hilarious in it. Her part isn't big but she steals the screen whenever she's on.

Terri Garr is a class act and a real lady, in spite of being one of the funniest comedy actresses around. Nothing but love for her here, and nothing but the best wishes for as healthy and satisfying a life as possible. She's given a lot of pleasure to audiences, so I hope that good karma comes back to her in spades now.

Best wishes and prayers to Tarri Garr.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6228331.stm

Wednesday, 3 January 2007, 14:57 GMT

Singers' sons in dog attack clash

The sons of soul legends Lou Rawls and Marvin Gaye are engaged in a legal battle over an alleged dog attack.
    Lou Rawls Jr claims he was bitten by "four large dogs" during a visit to the house of Marvin Gaye III in 2005.

The claim for unspecified damages filed at the Los Angeles Superior Court says Mr Rawls Jnr suffered "loss of blood and tearing of flesh".

Lou Rawls died last year aged 72, while singer and songwriter Marvin Gaye was fatally shot by his father in 1984.

In a complaint filed in court last week, Mr Rawls Jnr claimed the dogs "bit, clawed and physically and mentally injured" him, giving rise to "fear of disease".

Neither of those involved have so far given a statement.

Singer Lou Rawls was known for such soul hits as Lady Love and You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine.

Marvin Gaye had a string of hits on the Motown including What's Going On?, I Heard it Through the Grapevine, and Let's Get It On.

Nemeses: strange forces are at work around here at times.....Ooooo scary!

I still like Julia Roberts. And I wouldn't compare her to Angelina Jolie at all. But I think that sometimes celebs do get caught in the middle of having to accept large gifts and giving them away. Somebody at J&J would be teeed off I'm sure and who knows who knows who and so on. I think she did ok by graciously accepting the gift on tv and who knows what she will really do out of the spotlight. She may not even open the box at home.

If we start to get upset by all the perks these celebrities get, it would just make us all sick. Because there's so much waste of money that could be put to better use. But, that's the business.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Teri Garr is a wonderful actress and always seemed like a very nice lady as well. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

I wish Teri Garr a complete recovery.

+ Reply to Thread