+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5270Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

My ex had severe drinking and pill problem. The stuff I could tell you! OMG. FOR NO REASON he threatened to kill people closest to him, broke things, fired a gun, etc. FOR NO REASON. He later denied any recollection. Eventually those around you will walk away for their own safety. Unless the person wants help, rehab is not going to help.

I always admired Randy. He's from my homestate of NC. He made us so proud for so long. I hope he gets help soon.

So often people with alcohol problems are in complete denial that there is a problem. They just have the attitude of: "Whoops, I guess I just did something stupid. HaHaHa." They think the only thing they did wrong was getting caught.

Randy had such a nice voice & put out such a nice persona to the public. I hope he admits his problem & gets help. I'm just glad no one got hurt.
    dagwood likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm killing time at the airport while waiting for a flight. Just saw on the news that the highest-paid celebrity couple is Beyonce and Jay-Z.

Call me silly, but if I had that much money, I'd probably buy myself a last name.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    When someone famous is having alcohol/drug "issues" there are always many excuses given for absences from scheduled interviews, concerts and such. I don't ever recall this being an issue with Randy Travis over the years.

He has been in a downward spiral for awhile now, but with the things he has done I do wonder if it such new stuff that is going on or has this been "normal" for awhile but his manager/wife was able to keep it out of the news. Yes, alcohol makes people do stupid things, DWI usually being the first but crashing his car while naked? Threatening to shoot troopers? Methinks his alcohol issues have been going on for quite a while and not just because of his divorce.
    While his behavior could be attributed just to his drinking, I hope they do a full physical/mental exam and make sure the drinking didn't accelerate as a way of self-medicating other undiagnosed problems. As I said, that may not be a factor at all, but it would be best to know for sure that it wasn't before they/he figures out the best way out of that downward spiral.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I'm killing time at the airport while waiting for a flight. Just saw on the news that the highest-paid celebrity couple is Beyonce and Jay-Z.

Call me silly, but if I had that much money, I'd probably buy myself a last name.
    OK, "Silly"! They have last names they just don't have to use them! I could drop my last name but nobody would ever have any idea whom people might be talking about! With these people, we know EXACTLY who they mean.

Think of all the people who only go by one name!!! The list is endless.
    AZChristian and JohnnyK like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    While his behavior could be attributed just to his drinking, I hope they do a full physical/mental exam and make sure the drinking didn't accelerate as a way of self-medicating other undiagnosed problems. As I said, that may not be a factor at all, but it would be best to know for sure that it wasn't before they/he figures out the best way out of that downward spiral.
    Very good point. There might be other issues he is covering up, though I seem to remember hearing stories when he hit the scene that he was a bit of a wild one in his youth and had been "settled" by his then wife/manager.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Chad Johnson Arrested for Domestic Violence | TMZ.com

If Evelyn has any sense at all, she will walk away from this mistake. Never give a jackass who has harmed you a second chance to do it again.
    JulieAnn and AZChristian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Chad Johnson Arrested for Domestic Violence | TMZ.com

If Evelyn has any sense at all, she will walk away from this mistake. Never give a jackass who has harmed you a second chance to do it again.
    When I first read this I had no idea who Chad Johnson is. Then I got to thinking ... I think it's Ochocinco, isn't it.
    If so, he always struck me as someone capable of this. Arrogant types often have anger issues when everything isn't exactly their way.

Trust me, I know from whence I speak.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    When I first read this I had no idea who Chad Johnson is. Then I got to thinking ... I think it's Ochocinco, isn't it.
    If so, he always struck me as someone capable of this. Arrogant types often have anger issues when everything isn't exactly their way.

Trust me, I know from whence I speak.
    Agreed. It also took me a second to figure it out as well.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Sorry I didn't cite that it was Ochocinco. He changed his name back when he decided to get married.

He's an egotistical ass, for sure; she was/is quite the ass on Basketball Wives, too. She was big on fighting other women, that's for sure, but now she needs to move on. You get that abuse cycle started by letting him get away with it the first time.

+ Reply to Thread