+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 165657585960616263646566676869707172737475761161665661066 ... LastLast
Like Tree5216Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I'm with you, Amy Lee. I hope her babies don't develop the emotional and mental problems momma Julia does.

Wonder if Julia still has those A Low Vera t-shirts? And wonder if she'll allow her sister and mother to take pictures of the baby this time around. And I wonder if this time around when Johnson & Johnson presents Julia with a $25,000 package of new baby products, whether Julia will have a moment of unselfishness this time and ask that those products be distributed among the other new mothers in the hospital, some of whom I'm sure can't easily afford all those gifted items.

Julia Roberts goes on my list of spoiled rotten celebs who feel entitled to whatever they decide they want their meathooks into, whether it's a gift, an item, or another woman's husband. The same list Angelina Jolie goes into, btw.

*Threadjack note* I'm enjoying this thread, so kudos to whoever started it, it's my favorite end of the year thread so far -- having fun with this one, hanging out and dissin' with the gals here
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2189996;
    *Threadjack note* I'm enjoying this thread, so kudos to whoever started it, it's my favorite end of the year thread so far -- having fun with this one, hanging out and dissin' with the gals here

That would be me! Glad you've enjoyed it!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...752740000.html

Jay Mohr, Nikki Cox Reportedly Marry

Sat Dec 30, 5:10 PM ET

Comedian Jay Mohr exchanged wedding vows with "Las Vegas" actress Nikki Cox in a ceremony here, People magazine reported.

The couple was married Friday night, according to the magazine.

Mohr, 36, first met Cox when he guest-starred on her show. Mohr was a cast member on "Saturday Night Live" from 1993 to 1995, as well as host of NBC's "Last Comic Standing."

This is the first marriage for Cox, 28, who was previously engaged to comic Bob Goldthwait. Mohr was married to model-turned-actress Nicole Chamberlain from 1998 to 2004. They have a son together.

A phone message left Saturday for Cox's publicist was not immediately returned.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2189996;
    Wonder if Julia still has those A Low Vera t-shirts? And wonder if she'll allow her sister and mother to take pictures of the baby this time around. And I wonder if this time around when Johnson & Johnson presents Julia with a $25,000 package of new baby products, whether Julia will have a moment of unselfishness this time and ask that those products be distributed among the other new mothers in the hospital, some of whom I'm sure can't easily afford all those gifted items.
    I am actually amazed at the greediness of a lot of these celebs. Granted, I love a freebie as much as the next person, but my yearly income is what Julia makes in a couple minutes. That said, I have always tried to share my good fortune with others. Who knows, maybe she donates money in other ways and has given more to poor mothers etc. But even if she has, and she decided to keep this gift from J&J, she could've at least asked Johnson & Johnson to match their gift to her to some of the other women in the hospital or to a women's shelter or to some other charity where those products would actually be used and appreciated. You think that wouldn't have gotten them all great publicity--which is worth more than the retail value of the gift.

I remember reading an article a LONG time ago about the stars of "Charlie's Angels." They had clauses in their contracts that allowed them to keep whatever clothes they wanted for whatever reason. Some of the women on the set said they were surprised that none of the three Angels ever thought to offer any of the other women on the set anything.

I like the George Clooney method of auctioning off his Oscar gift baskets to charity. It's something he doesn't need (and something he could well afford to purchase with his own cash if he wanted it) and donating it helps others in need.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2190834;
    I am actually amazed at the greediness of a lot of these celebs. Granted, I love a freebie as much as the next person, but my yearly income is what Julia makes in a couple minutes. That said, I have always tried to share my good fortune with others. Who knows, maybe she donates money in other ways and has given more to poor mothers etc. But even if she has, and she decided to keep this gift from J&J, she could've at least asked Johnson & Johnson to match their gift to her to some of the other women in the hospital or to a women's shelter or to some other charity where those products would actually be used and appreciated. You think that wouldn't have gotten them all great publicity--which is worth more than the retail value of the gift.
    I agree, that would have been a great use of their name and products. But when J&J gifted the $25,000 worth of baby products to Julia after the birth of her twins, I remember reading that Julia made sure she kept it all -- she joked on one of the late night shows that with twins, it (the $25k gift) sure came in handy. I'm sure $25,000 worth of baby products does indeed come in handy with twins, or single babies. I'm also sure there were many other new mothers in the hospital that could have used the same gift, or some portion of it.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Originally Posted by Nemeses
    Ok, I couldn't figure out why my post above was in this thread, since it wasn't where I originally posted it, and it doesn't make sense for it to be in this thread. Just for the record, that post of mine quoted above was originally posted in the thread titled Strangely, I'm NOT attracted to/I dislike... Not that I don't enjoy this thread also, but my post above was definately meant for that other thread, don't know why it got moved over to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2190987;
    I agree, that would have been a great use of their name and products. But when J&J gifted the $25,000 worth of baby products to Julia after the birth of her twins, I remember reading that Julia made sure she kept it all -- she joked on one of the late night shows that with twins, it (the $25k gift) sure came in handy. I'm sure $25,000 worth of baby products does indeed come in handy with twins, or single babies. I'm also sure there were many other new mothers in the hospital that could have used the same gift, or some portion of it.
    Yup. Julia could've sent her assistants out to purchase all that and bring them to her and it would've been no strain on her or her pocketbook. $25,000? Just a drop in the hat for her. But for some families, even buying diapers can put a strain on their budget. The system is screwy that the rich and famous get all the freebies they don't need. But hey, the companies see this as great advertising for their products and don't seem to much care about anything else. Me? If I were a multimillionaire and someone gave me all that free stuff, I'd be embarrassed to even admit that I kept it and didn't donate it to a women's shelter or someone who actually needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2191226;
    If I were a multimillionaire and someone gave me all that free stuff, I'd be embarrassed to even admit that I kept it and didn't donate it to a women's shelter or someone who actually needed it.
    Absolutely. Julia's behavior is such a contrast to what Jennifer Garner did when she was pregnant. She went on Ellen when she was in her third trimester, right after Hurricane Katrina. She said that being pregnant had made her think even more about the other pregnant women and new mothers who had lost everything. She got together with Target and they agreed to donate a monstrous amount of baby "supplies" - from furniture to food and diapers, as well as gift cards - to women affected by Katrina. I've always liked Jenn, but I really admired her after that.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2191284;
    I've always liked Jenn, but I really admired her after that.
    Aw, that makes me like her even more, too. That's what I'd like to think I'd do. That's classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2191352;
    Aw, that makes me like her even more, too. That's what I'd like to think I'd do. That's classy.
    The other thing that she did that I thought was so sweet and unaffected was that she introduced herself to the guys who rolled out the big platform of Target products (to show the kinds of things that would be donated). There she is saying, "Hi, I'm Jennifer" and shaking hands with these guys, who clearly knew who she was. I found it very endearing.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread