+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5063Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

  1. #6581
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,223

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Yes, and I'm shocked she made a public statement about it...especially since Rob is a very private person and doesn't like too much information about his life being made public. I'm sure he really appreciated that.
    KatesMom likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  2. #6582
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,027

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    I'm surprised about the public announcement, but not about the cheating. There have been blind items about them for a while now hinting at the fact that they're both involved with other people and don't actually have much of a physical relationship with each other. Don't know if any of that is true, but stranger things have happened.

    I watched a video - or, rather 30 seconds of one, because I couldn't take any more than that - of a Twihard flipping out over the whole situation. Like it's something personal for her.

    Once again though, I'm shaking my head over a celebrity doing something like this in public when there are cameras freaking everywhere. A little discretion goes a long way, people! Don't make out with someone in a parked car. People can actually see through those windows!
    Shoepie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  3. #6583
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,914

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    Am I the only one who is shocked by Kristen Stewarts admission of an affair
    I just always thought if anyone in the Kristen Stewart (or as I like to refer to her as the card bored cut out due to her wooden one expression acting style) and Robert Patterson was going to stray it would be him as I thought sooner or later he would need to see some emotion
    So I am shocked a married man twice her age found her interesting enough to have an affair with
    Maybe he wanted something different from his wife. I dont know him. As for her being so very sorry, well, too bad - You play you pay.
    bee stung lips and NEPASue like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #6584
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,889

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    I saw a photo on line yesterday of Kristin and this married guy having lunch several months ago. They looked like they were really into each other if you know what I mean. So, this makes me wonder if the events caught in the video were an isolated incident like she made it sound in her apology. Perhaps it was much more than that.

    I have never liked the girl at all. Her sourpuss attitude is annoying IMO and I don't consider her a very talented actress. I get annoyed when people with average talent get huge success when they don't deserve it. That's what I think happened to her with Twilight.

    Still, she is young and sometimes young people make mistakes. I know I did. I wonder what that married guy was thinking. How could he think she was a breathe of fresh air? I don't get it.
    Shoepie and bee stung lips like this.

  5. #6585
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm surprised about the public announcement, but not about the cheating. There have been blind items about them for a while now hinting at the fact that they're both involved with other people and don't actually have much of a physical relationship with each other. Don't know if any of that is true, but stranger things have happened.

    I watched a video - or, rather 30 seconds of one, because I couldn't take any more than that - of a Twihard flipping out over the whole situation. Like it's something personal for her.

    Once again though, I'm shaking my head over a celebrity doing something like this in public when there are cameras freaking everywhere. A little discretion goes a long way, people! Don't make out with someone in a parked car. People can actually see through those windows!
    Agreed. And with as private as the two of them were in their relationship, seems very strange that she was out in public with this guy. Almost like she wanted to get caught. I also think the public statement is complete BS - again, like she is trying to push him away and somehow repair her image at the same time? Knowing what we know about them, the public statement is the absolute last thing he would want (and funny that he moved out yesterday right after the statement came out).

    On the Twihards - I will admit to loving the books and being a fan. But listening to some of them going on and on about how awful this is - or about what a hoax it is just shocks me. Uhm, the pictures are there and the statements have been verified. IT HAPPENED!

  6. #6586
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,914

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

    Still, she is young and sometimes young people make mistakes. I know I did. I wonder what that married guy was thinking. How could he think she was a breathe of fresh air? I don't get it.
    Well he wouldn't be the first married guy, to think like that.He definitely wont be the last - I feel sorry for his wife.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #6587
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,151

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    I had always heard that Robert was much more into her and would pretty much follow her around like a puppy dog.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  8. #6588
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,876

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Agreed. And with as private as the two of them were in their relationship, seems very strange that she was out in public with this guy. Almost like she wanted to get caught. I also think the public statement is complete BS - again, like she is trying to push him away and somehow repair her image at the same time? IT HAPPENED!
    Reminds me a lot of Jesse James' mostly insincere public plea to Sandra Bullock a couple of years ago.
    libgirl2, KatesMom and Debb70 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  9. #6589
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    I'm not sure how Fred Willard's arrest has anything to do with LA raising money??
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  10. #6590
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Once again though, I'm shaking my head over a celebrity doing something like this in public when there are cameras freaking everywhere. A little discretion goes a long way, people! Don't make out with someone in a parked car. People can actually see through those windows!
    And that is exactly why I believe there's more to this than what we're led to believe. I grew up in the days of "publicity stunts," done solely for that alone.
    Not that I care...not being a Twilight fan at all, I could care less about this never-smiling girl....about as much as I care about the other relatively untalented young people that Hollywood continuously shoves in our face.
    Shoepie and bee stung lips like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.