+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4954Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

  1. #6511
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,048

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Fred Willard occasionally does skits on Jay Leno's show. I was saddened when I saw that headline.

  2. #6512
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    16,894

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    I'm saddened about Fred Willard - it must be so humiliating for him - but I'm actually not surprised. That theater looks really trashy. It just feels so sad and pathetic.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  3. #6513
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    I can't believe that Los Angeles police have so little to do that they have fill their time with the busywork of busting people peacefully yanking in a porn theatre. It's not like he was in a school yard or on public transit, for god's sake. He was with people doing exactly the same thing he was, and anyone who doesn't want to see that knows (or should know) better than to go into a yank palace.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  4. #6514
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    16,894

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I can't believe that Los Angeles police have so little to do that they have fill their time with the busywork of busting people peacefully yanking in a porn theatre. It's not like he was in a school yard or on public transit, for god's sake. He was with people doing exactly the same thing he was, and anyone who doesn't want to see that knows (or should know) better than to go into a yank palace.
    Yeah, I'd think they had more serious crimes to deal with. Arresting people for masturbation at a porn theater seems a bit like shooting ducks in a barrel.
    Florimel, libgirl2 and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  5. #6515
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,265

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    I agree . My guess , if he wasn't well known, then they wouldn't bother.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #6516
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    427

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Yeah, I'd think they had more serious crimes to deal with. Arresting people for masturbation at a porn theater seems a bit like shooting ducks in a barrel.
    I'm guessing that the city is so very desperate for any kind of revenue* that they'll go where they can shoot the ducks in the barrel and start issuing citations. They probably issued them to everyone in the place.

    *My brother, a tax accountant, told me that Los Angeles is sending out ominous sounding tax bills to people in the city and surrounding suburbs, even if they don't owe anything, with the assumption that people will get scared and just send in the money without checking into it. He calls it out and out extortion.

  7. #6517
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    I'm guessing that the city is so very desperate for any kind of revenue* that they'll go where they can shoot the ducks in the barrel and start issuing citations. They probably issued them to everyone in the place.

    *My brother, a tax accountant, told me that Los Angeles is sending out ominous sounding tax bills to people in the city and surrounding suburbs, even if they don't owe anything, with the assumption that people will get scared and just send in the money without checking into it. He calls it out and out extortion.
    While the city does need money pretty badly, I can only assume you're being facetious!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  8. #6518
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    427

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    While the city does need money pretty badly, I can only assume you're being facetious!
    I wish I were. I found another article on MSNBC where the owner of the theater said that the police are doing sweeps in his theater at least once per week and that it is basically destroying his business.

    Jafor said police checks range from three to four times per day to once a week, and around 23 or 24 people have been arrested at his location. "Business has gone down," he said. "Customers do not come. They are too nervous to come here."
    Last edited by JulieAnn; 07-20-2012 at 08:03 AM.

  9. #6519
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,571

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    I would assume that Mr. Williard has a nice home with a tv, computer, and access to plenty of porn, so what is he doing in that seedy place? Maybe going there adds to the excitement? Who knows, but I just find it really odd behavior, even though he is getting up there in age. Oh yeah, I forgot, he is presumed to be innocent, so maybe he didn't do it. lol
    Dragonlady likes this.

  10. #6520
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,265

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I would assume that Mr. Williard has a nice home with a tv, computer, and access to plenty of porn, so what is he doing in that seedy place? Maybe going there adds to the excitement? Who knows, but I just find it really odd behavior, even though he is getting up there in age. Oh yeah, I forgot, he is presumed to be innocent, so maybe he didn't do it. lol
    Maybe he likes the company

    I don't see why he doesn't stay home.Why risk this embarrassment , to himself and to his family
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.