+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 1152 FirstFirst ... 155556575859606162636465666768697071727374751151655651065 ... LastLast
Like Tree5064Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2182868;
    FYI..there's a whole thread about this in the Non-Reality section...
    With a generally less kindly take on it.... And some more details on the supposed sins, involving coke and same sex PDA with Miss Teen America....

I was very sad to read about Joe Barbera's death. I missed their heyday in the sixties, but they found a second one in syndication in the 80's when I was a kid (their production company also produced the Smurfs). The amusement park we went to when I was little had a Hanna-Barbera Land and I have pictures of me with all of them from Yogi Bear to Huckleberry Hound. I remember my dad imitating a lot of their voices. Rest in Peace, Joe.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Question about JOHN CORBETT

I saw a picture of John Corbett shopping in L.A. with his girlfriend Bo Derek, and he was bald in the middle of his head. Was he wearing a toupee in "SEX IN THE CITY" or did he intentionally shave his head recently for a role or something? This inquiring mind wants to know! Thanks!

Original "Lionel Jefferson" dies at 57

http://www.local6.com/entertainment/...2/detail.html#

'Jeffersons' Actor Dies At 57
    Evans Also Appeared In 'All In The Family'

POSTED: 1:59 pm EST December 22, 2006
    TWENTYNINE PALMS, Calif. -- The actor who played Lionel Jefferson on "The Jeffersons" and "All in the Family" has died.

His niece said Mike Evans died of throat cancer last week at his mother's home in Twentynine Palms.

He was 57.
    Evans started playing Lionel -- the son of George (Sherman Hemsley) and Louise (Isabel Sanford) -- in "All in the Family," and he kept the role for the spinoff, "The Jeffersons" -- though he was replaced by another actor for part of that run.

Evans also co-created and wrote for "Good Times."

The actor also had a role in the miniseries "Rich Man, Poor Man" in 1976, and a guest role on "Walker, Texas Ranger" in 2000.

Evans also had guest roles on such shows as "Love, American Style" and "The Streets of San Francisco."
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2185998'
    Jeffersons' Actor Dies At 57
    Evans Also Appeared In 'All In The Family'
    The actor who played Lionel Jefferson on "The Jeffersons" and "All in the Family" has died.
    His niece said Mike Evans died of throat cancer last week at his mother's home in Twentynine Palms.
    He was 57.
    Evans started playing Lionel -- the son of George (Sherman Hemsley) and Louise (Isabel Sanford) -- in "All in the Family," and he kept the role for the spinoff, "The Jeffersons" -- though he was replaced by another actor for part of that run.
    Evans also co-created and wrote for "Good Times."
    The actor also had a role in the miniseries "Rich Man, Poor Man" in 1976, and a guest role on "Walker, Texas Ranger" in 2000.
    Evans also had guest roles on such shows as "Love, American Style" and "The Streets of San Francisco."
    Wow, that's pretty young! The Jeffersons and All In the Family were both way out there for their time, so I hear
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...736942000.html

Gyllenhaals Flee Fire at Calif. Lodge

Thu Dec 28, 9:17 PM ET

A fire destroyed a Northern California lodge popular with celebrities, abruptly halting holiday vacations for Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal and a dozen or so other guests.

The fire at Manka's Inverness Lodge began around 3 a.m. Wednesday after a tree fell and hit a water heater, and there were no injuries, authorities said. Co-owner Daniel DeLong said the Gyllenhaals were supportive despite having to brave the wind and cold.

"Jake was helping me pull things out of the fire," DeLong said.

The Marin County lodge and its restaurant were a popular destination for VIPs. Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, dined at Manka's last year.

It was not clear whether Maggie Gyllenhaal's months-old daughter, Ramona, was with her, or whether other family members had joined the siblings at the lodge.

Messages left with Jake Gyllenhaal's agent and his sister's publicist were not immediately returned.

Jake Gyllenhaal was nominated for an Academy Award for his performance as a heartsick cowboy in "Brokeback Mountain."

Screen credits for Maggie Gyllenhaal include roles in "Mona Lisa Smile" and Oliver Stone's "World Trade Center."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Victoria Principal divorces after 21 years

She does a pretty good job of keeping her private life private so I was surprised by this.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/1....ap/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Victoria Principal's 21-year marriage to her second husband is officially over.

The "Dallas" star is single again after reaching a financial settlement with plastic surgeon Harry Glassman, according to court papers filed Wednesday in Superior Court.

The two have property interests worth more than $50 million, according to the divorce judgment.

Principal, 56, and Glassman were married in June 1985 and lived in Beverly Hills. She filed for divorce in May, citing irreconcilable differences.

Principal and first husband, Christopher Skinner, divorced in 1980.

The actress played Pamela Barnes Ewing, the stylish, reconciled wife of oilman Bobby Ewing, on the long-running TV drama "Dallas." She left the hit CBS series in 1987 after nine years with the show.

Principal has written books on diet and exercise. In addition, she markets her own skin care and makeup lines.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...742324000.html

Julia Roberts Expecting Her Third Child

Fri Dec 29,12:14 PM ET

Julia Roberts is expecting her third child with her husband, cinematographer Danny Moder, her spokeswoman confirmed to People magazine Friday.

The baby is due this summer, Roberts' publicist, Marcy Engelman, said in a story posted on the magazine's Web site. News of the pregnancy first appeared in the New York Post's Page Six column.

A call to Engelman by The Associated Press wasn't immediately returned.

Roberts, 39, and Moder, 37, have 2-year-old twins, Hazel and Phinnaeus, who were born in November 2004. The couple were married in July 2002 at Roberts' home in Taos, N.M.

She won the best actress Oscar in 2001 for "Erin Brockovich." Her screen hits also include "Steel Magnolias" and "Pretty Woman."

Roberts is the voice of the wise spider in the film adaptation of "Charlotte's Web." She'll next be seen in the drama "Charlie Wilson's War," directed by Mike Nichols and also starring Tom Hanks, scheduled for release next year.

She made her Broadway debut this spring in a revival of Richard Greenberg's "Three Days of Rain."

~*~*~*~*~~*~*
    Congratulations to her and hubby!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I am soooo happy for Joooolia and Danny! Another baby! How wonderful for them! I wish them great happiness....as if they don't already have enough!

-Too bad about Victoria Principal getting divorced. She is really private isn't she? I tried some of her cosmetics, The Principal Secret, a long time ago. They were really nice, but expensive.

-Glad everyone got out of the fire ok. Fires can turn ugly pretty fast.

-About John Corbett: I think his hair was thinning a tad during SATC, but hey, he's a handsome dude either way. And if he's got Bo Derek on his arm, something's working for him!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Ack! Don't care too much for (A low Vera) Julia.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread