+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    I love Anderson Cooper and his shows! I hate that now he will be defined by some to be that gay man. Hating the gay community comes in many forms and places. Our minister just got fired for talking to his congrgation about gays and that we should love all people as we are all children of God. We in the Christian faith talk about how we are being persecuted in many foreign countries, but I say what gives us the right to do the persecuting. Ironic, isn't it!!!!!!!! That's why sometimes I hate religion.
    I don't know that he will. Its was the worst kept secret. I really dont think many people will be shocked that Anderson is gay.I am sure if they like him, and his shows now- they will continue to like them
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Even reading on this forum, there are a lot of assumptions as to who is gay or not. Unless a person has 1st hand knowledge then why are some assuming that certain actors are gay?
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Even reading on this forum, there are a lot of assumptions as to who is gay or not. Unless a person has 1st hand knowledge then why are some assuming that certain actors are gay?
    Good question. If its an actor I like- I just want to know about their next movie , nothing else is of interest
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't think Anderson is "hot," but I do think he's absolutely adorable and smart as hell. Although, I have to say, have you seen pics of him in short sleeves? Those are some nice guns!
    I never found him hot like I do Johnny Depp, but he is such a cutie!! I think being gay makes him cuter, kind of like Jim Parsons.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Wow! I go away on vacation & someone let's all the skeletons out of the closets (no gay pun intended), & they're running wild.
    As to Anderson Cooper, I'm one of the apparantly few who didn't know/suspect he was gay. The reason is that it never occured to me to wonder. I just don't care. I also don't know if his teeth are natural or if his hair color is his own, because I don't care about those either.
    The truth is that unless a public figure parades their spouse around, or speaks disparagingly about gays, I just don't notice or care about those things. I judge them on how they do their public figure job & the rest isn't my issue to care about. When & if they present something publicly, then it's for the public to care about, otherwise I don't.

As to Tom/Katie, I'm not surprised. They present themselves one way very publicly, so when "news" comes out it's for the public to judge.
    I agree that Scientology has a huge hand in all of this, as well as in his other marriage/divorces. I've seen stories about the control Scientology has had in at least his last 2 marriages. They are scary to say the very least.

As to the whole sole custody/joint custody argument: Sole custody doesn't mean "Mine, all mine, & the spouse has to stay totally out of the lives of the children". What it means is the sole custodial parent has control. The spouse still usually gets to see & spend time with the children & has influence over their lives, but only as far as the custodial parent allows.
    In other words, custodial parent controls what Religious training the children have, what school they go to, who they spend holidays/summers with, where they live, whether they are allowed to go out of the country with non-custodial parent, etc.
    Katie could keep Scientology from getting their hooks into Suri, while still allowing Tom to have a strong relationship with her. If he goes too far, Katie has the rights to pull the plug on his time with Suri. That's the control sole custody ensures.
    This may very well be the reason behind it.
    I know a lot of women with sole custody & that's why they went after it. Control & stability of their children's lives. Not to keep the ex away from the children.
    Hyper likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I am reading rumors that Lisa Marie Presley has left Scientology. If that is true, that would be pretty big news.

libgirl2, I've read the same about Lisa Marie. Wonder if it's true.
    Maybe Scientology is losing it's iron hold on some of the celebs??
    tapper01 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

More likely...probably NOT. Some people really need something to hang on to....and if it's, supposedly, hip.....even better.

I am always surprised at how some people prefer to follow somebody else's lunacy(sp?) as opposed to trusting their own minds/instincts. I guess some people just need to be led.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    libgirl2, I've read the same about Lisa Marie. Wonder if it's true.
    Maybe Scientology is losing it's iron hold on some of the celebs??
    I think if she has, Elvis will stop turning in his grave.
    prhoshay and coltnlasma like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Heard, this morning, where singer Usher Raymond's 11 year old stepson is brain dead after being hit by a jet ski driven by a friend during a water accident over the weekend. Usher immediately provided a jet to get the child's mother to his bedside as quickly as possible. Apparently, there has been no brain activity since he's arrived at the hospital, and the child is on life support. It was determined that there was no drug or alcohol involvement. It's comforting to know that, despite the custody problems Usher and Tameka are going through, he was able to put that aside to step up for her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread