+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I am probably in the minority as I don't think Tom Cruise is gay.
    Hyper likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I am probably in the minority as I don't think Tom Cruise is gay.
    I've always thought he was gay. There have just been too many rumors about him with men over the years for it to be nothing. I don't care either way. I'm not a fan. Never have been.

That's three wives he failed to convert to Scientology. Maybe he should just use his silly "church" as a dating service and quit trying to convert people.
    waywyrd and Shoepie like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I've always wondered what really happened to Katie Holmes when she met Tom Cruise... I read this article once that talked about a two week period of time where right after she met Tom that according to people close to her she went "missing". Now whether that really happened or not but I always wondered if the Scientology thetans stuck her with their tentacles... cause once she popped up again, she stopped all contact with her best friend, and supposedly got rid of all her management team that had been working for her for years... replaced everyone around her with scientologists. So hopefully she will be free of their craziness. I once went with a friend to a motivational meeting just to show support for my friend and it ended up being a scientology recruiting thing... They locked the doors and took away all your belongings, I was stuck there for 9 hours. It was horrible. They were doing this auditing thing to clear us of our "issues"... they recorded all of the sessions. It was frightening and after that warned anyone or stayed away from anyone with background in that. Scary stuff.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

TMZ is reporting that it's all about Scientology and Katie not wanting Tom to drag Suri into it. Apparently, she's approaching the age when Scientologists start getting their hands on kids. Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes Divorce -- Scientology Was Her Breaking Point | TMZ.com

Katie's filed for sole custody in NY, where judges are less likely to give joint custody to parents who don't get along. TMZ is asserting that the sole custody stuff is about keeping Tom from making decisions about religion.

I can't believe I keep citing TMZ, but they've been amazingly dead-on with so many stories in the last few years.
    KatesMom likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Peg
    FORT Newbie

All religions "get their hands on kids" early, if she felt that way I'm surprised she waited this long.
    They always seemed like an odd match.. but they have produced a beautiful child and I hope they don't screw her up with all of this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey
    Watching R Hunter on the Talk yesterday, I found everyone looked uncomfortable and thought a fight was going to break out between Rielle and Sharon!
    That was the most uncomfortable interview I've seen in a long time. You could tell that none of them wanted to be there talking to this "woman" and that there were so many other things they would rather say. I can't stand Sheryl, even she looked disgusted at Hunter's actions. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I've always thought he was gay. There have just been too many rumors about him with men over the years for it to be nothing. I don't care either way. I'm not a fan. Never have been.
    I didn't think he was gay after watching All The Right Moves, Top Gun or Cocktail. Started thinking something was fishy when he married Nicole Kidman...Oh the stories that woman could tell! I still don't understand how she could marry him, adopt children with him and not spend all that much time with those kids. Same with Katie. Entering into a "marriage with contract" having children with someone with much more clout than yourself, doesn't say much about these women either. Why anyone would marry for 'covert' reasons, status, career opportunities is bizarre to me. Add children to this messed up, fake, fantasy world~~UGH!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I was shocked to be watching The Today Show yesterday and see Ann Curry announce she was leaving! Since she didnt look too happy about it all I looked up the story and found that since the rating are down for the past year, they figure getting a new co-host will help and rumours say Matt Lauer asked for a new host when he negotiated his latest contract!
    Poor Ann, she deserved better than this!
    Ann Curry Leaves Today Show in Tears - Video Dailymotion
    I just watched the video and I noticed that Ann Curry noticeably shifted and moved away from Matt Lauer while she was talking and he was trying to do the pat on the back thing. To me, it looked like the kind of shift you do when someone sits down next to you with whom you don't want any type of contact (think airports and movie theaters). Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Peg View Post
    All religions "get their hands on kids" early, if she felt that way I'm surprised she waited this long.
    They always seemed like an odd match.. but they have produced a beautiful child and I hope they don't screw her up with all of this.
    Scientology starts their indoctrination of children right at Suri's age. That, and the fact that the rumored five-year contract had just expired, explains the timing.

Sorry, but that kid was fated to be screwed up from conception.

ETA: Julie Ann - the look on her face - and on his too - after that awkward goodbye kiss on the side of her head said it all for me. It was clear that she was really mad and he was trying (but failing) to not look like a schmuck.
    JulieAnn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    I just watched the video and I noticed that Ann Curry noticeably shifted and moved away from Matt Lauer while she was talking and he was trying to do the pat on the back thing. To me, it looked like the kind of shift you do when someone sits down next to you with whom you don't want any type of contact (think airports and movie theaters). Interesting...
    She does look that way. I dont know if her leaving will boost the ratings. I really dont.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I read that all 3 of Tom Cruise's wives were 33 when divorcing. Now, that is just plain weird...maybe it's some special number in Scientology...LOL

And nobody ever thought Rock Hudson could be gay either. I think it is hard for some to believe that men that play strong male roles or marry women, could be gay. Some hide it very well, other's not so much, hence the rumors about some.

I have a friend who works in Hollywood circles, that likes men and women. He doesn't classify himself as anything. He's been engaged to women, and had relationships with men...he just likes everyone.

+ Reply to Thread