+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5195Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I was shocked to be watching The Today Show yesterday and see Ann Curry announce she was leaving! Since she didnt look too happy about it all I looked up the story and found that since the rating are down for the past year, they figure getting a new co-host will help and rumours say Matt Lauer asked for a new host when he negotiated his latest contract!
    Poor Ann, she deserved better than this!
    Ann Curry Leaves Today Show in Tears - Video Dailymotion

She absolutely deserved better. Matt Lauer is a creep. You could see how angry she was at him during their "goodbye" on the show. I don't think I'd be too happy with someone who got me fired and cost me, theoretically, $10M. She's apparently getting $10M of the $20M from the three year contract she signed (she only did one year as co-host) and then is getting her own staff for some fab new assignment. I don't know what happened in those negotiations, but I know I wouldn't have wanted anything to do with NBC after that treatment.

I don't generally watch morning shows, but when I do, it's GMA. Lauer is slimy. Ann Curry has such class and grace. She went out like a lady. Matt Lauer should be ashamed of himself....although I doubt he ever is.

NBC bungled that whole thing every step of the way.

In other news, in the "it's a surprise to exactly NO ONE" category, TMZ is reporting that Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise are divorcing: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes to Divorce | TMZ.com
    The only surprise is that it lasted as long as it did.....or maybe that it happened in the first place. Run, Katie! Run!
    Last edited by Critical; 06-29-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    cablejockey and AmyKay like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    NBC bungled that whole thing every step of the way.
    They kind of have a habit of doing that, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    In other news, in the "it's a surprise to exactly NO ONE" category, TMZ is reporting that Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise are divorcing: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes to Divorce | TMZ.com
    The only surprise is that it lasted as long as it did.....or maybe that it happened in the first place. Run, Katie! Run!
    My reaction? She's FREE! She's FREE!

Welp, another faux marriage down the tubes...

Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes Split : People.com

I'm not a bit surprised by this one. I've read before that she was under a five year contract. Hmm...

ETA: darn it, Crit! You scooped me!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Welp, another faux marriage down the tubes...

Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes Split : People.com

I'm not a bit surprised by this one. I've read before that she was under a five year contract. Hmm...

ETA: darn it, Crit! You scooped me!
    I just happened to look at TMZ right as I was posting. I'd heard about the five-year contract too. I think it was clear when she started looking like herself again, rather than Tom's life-sized fashion doll, that something was up. I'm happy for her, although I wonder how she'll fare in the custody arrangement. I have to say, it always bugged the crap out of me that he called her "Kate," when she always has gone by "Katie."

I wonder who will be doing duty as Tom's next beard. It's only a matter of time before he gets another one under contract.....
    libgirl2 and JulieAnn like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Interesting thing to me is that she filed, and at least from the article, it looks like it wasn't mutual. We might not be surprised that they are finally divorcing, but I will say that unlike other couples where you hear rumors of problems for a while, I didn't see anything about this. Makes sense now that Suri never got a sibling - but how do we explain Suri in the first place? Because looking at her, she is definitely Tom's daughter.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Interesting thing to me is that she filed, and at least from the article, it looks like it wasn't mutual. We might not be surprised that they are finally divorcing, but I will say that unlike other couples where you hear rumors of problems for a while, I didn't see anything about this. Makes sense now that Suri never got a sibling - but how do we explain Suri in the first place? Because looking at her, she is definitely Tom's daughter.
    Oh...that's easy. IVF.

Give me another question. Only make it hard this time.

I wonder who will be doing duty as Tom's next beard. It's only a matter of time before he gets another one under contract.....[/QUOTE]

Critical,

I sure agree on that one. There are so many actors in the business that enjoy the company of both sexes, I think people would be shocked. I don't know, in this day and age, why they don't just come clean about it. What an awful way to live, trying to hide your sexuality...personally, I could care less who any of them sleep with.
    AmyKay likes this.

I sure agree on that one. There are so many actors in the business that enjoy the company of both sexes, I think people would be shocked. I don't know, in this day and age, why they don't just come clean about it. What an awful way to live, trying to hide your sexuality...personally, I could care less who any of them sleep with.
    I think they are happy . I dont think Tom lives an awful life? not at all.

I never have thought that. . I think its possible to love both sexes, I know people that are bisexual, I have always thought Tom might be bisexual. I just really like him and Travolta. Its all about their movies for me though .Not their beards( lol) or who they have sex with, or if they want to keep it private or not. Live their life how they want, we only go round once!. I think Tom does a great job with is children, his adopted children are often seen with him/Good for him
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

JavaJo likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread