+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4958Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I guess there's no accounting for taste! I don't think she'd be a choice for me...and I used to like John Edwards so much. It's hard when your idol won't stay up on that darn pedestal!
    AmyKay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by famita View Post
    I guess there's no accounting for taste! I don't think she'd be a choice for me...and I used to like John Edwards so much. It's hard when your idol won't stay up on that darn pedestal!
    I liked him as well. I hope his daughter never sees him look into the camera, and say that she isn't his child.

I guess I dont understand the fascination with Hunter.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Watching R Hunter on the Talk yesterday, I found everyone looked uncomfortable and thought a fight was going to break out between Rielle and Sharon!

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Watching R Hunter on the Talk yesterday, I found everyone looked uncomfortable and thought a fight was going to break out between Rielle and Sharon!
    I saw her on The View, but that was about Walters setting the record straight
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    watched that tramp Rielle today on The Talk. She is so ignorant and "um honestly" so much like Katie Irene. Why does this country glorify ignorant people with money when honest hard working people struggle so?????
    I hear her book is not selling well. Good.
    tapper01 and Coco46 like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think it's what happens when actors (and this seems to be more dramatic with men) try to look the way they did in their 30s. The too dark hair, the pasty skin (hello, Tom Selleck, I'm looking at you too!). There are enough pics of Travolta online without a toupee. I don't know why he continues the facade, especially with such a horrid toupee. It reminds me of that game for kids with the magnetic fibers where you make the face have facial hair or whatever. That's what Travolta's toupee looks like to me. It's so fakety-fake. He looked better in the pics I saw of him without the rug. He should just ditch it and go au naturale. He may have been a sex symbol in his heyday, but he's not any more.

I find men who age naturally to be much more sexy and attractive than the ones who get work done and look for artificial. I mean who's going to say Paul Newman wasn't sexy as hell in his golden years?

Whatever John and Kelly's marriage is, that's their business, but it does make me laugh when these public displays of affection are such blatant attempts to counter gossip. I feel the same way about Will and Jada Smith. If they were having so much sex, would they really need to tell reporters about it all the time? It's the old "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
    I agree about men trying to look like they are 30. Just age! There is nothing better looking then a man with a few sexy years on him. It certainly didn't hurt Sean Connery or as you mention Paul Newman. Not everyone is blessed with a youthful look, but at least keep it real.
    prhoshay likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Im posting this here, as it has been something happening with celebs lately...I dont understand the paparazzi. To me, from my perspective, it does seem they incite some of these "incidents" that are happening. I understand they have a job to do, but I dont think part of that job is to get a reaction from who ever they are following. I've searched around for any laws regarding this, but it seems like the only thing that stops the paps is if they get things that are sort of protection orders against certain paps.
    Dont get me wrong, I myself feed into the frenzy by reading these magazines and watching celeb gossip shows. And I know there are some paps that want to incite things so they can possibly get more money.

just thinking about these things and I know my hubby doesnt really care to hear about my thoughts on the paps LOL
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I think if shows like Extra and Access Hollywood and gossip/celeb mags like US and The National Enquirer weren't doing so well, paps wouldn't be working so hard to get those shots because they wouldn't get paid so much for them.

I stopped watching all of the "entertainment" shows a while back. I just started feeling icky after watching them. All those so-called stories showing pap photos of celebs without makeup or looking bad in their bathing suits.... it's not news in any form: it's harassment and ridicule, imo.

I do still read TMZ and DListed (the latter mainly because he's funny as hell), so I guess I deserve some of the blame as well. I did stop reading Perez Hilton a few years back because he was so mean and nasty to people and, seemingly, for no good reason. I mean, I get mocking the Kardashians, but why say horrid things about Jennifer Aniston? I don't mean "Her last movie sucked" either. I mean NASTY, awful things, like she ran over his dog or something.

I have no respect for anyone who makes their living as a paparazzo. It's parasitic and slimy. The trend of them provoking celebs into a fight is really disturbing. I know that I would never want to be a celebrity. I don't have the temperament. I'd be going all Alec Baldwin on somebody every other day! Either that or I'd become a hermit and that's no way to live. It's got to be 100 times worse when you have kids and the paps are basically stalking your children to get pictures.
    Florimel and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Even ET used to be more about Entertainment. Now its all about their lives .If someone dies, they bring every expert and cousin in to interview.
    -Andy Rooney-

I dont watch ET or Access Hollywood anymore either.the only shows I watch are TMZ, mostly because I think Harvey and crew are funny, and E news when everything isnt about the Kardashians (so, not much!). But I do frequent gossip sites, like Perez-tho I really slacked off right before he "came around" cuz it was getting to ugly for me. I havent bought any magazines lately, and I tend not to believe certain ones. My "me-time" is hanging out in Barnes and Noble with gossip mags and they tend to have the same pics in most of them anyway.
    I can remember one celeb saying they can kind of understand paps following them from time to time, but to stalk them when they have their kids with them crosses the line, and I agree. Yes being a celeb they "signed up for it" but, their kids didnt.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

+ Reply to Thread