+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4826Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Alex Trebek in hospital after suffering heart attack | Arts | National Post

Alex Trebek, age 71, hospitalized for mild heart attack. He was in the hospital (Cedars Sinai) when Jeopardy won an Emmy for Best Game Show. According to this article, Alex has been hosting that show for TWENTY EIGHT YEARS. Could it really be THAT long?
    Yep but I still miss his moustache!!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm a big fan of Jeopardy, and hope Alex gets well soon.

And it really has. Even longer. Alex started hosting in 1984, and before him was Art Fleming, who started hosting in I think the '60's?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love to play Jeopardy! (And I, occasionally, even get 1 right!!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I heard this morning he might retire. I cant think of jeopardy without him.I love to play along, I think its amazing what information your brain retains. If I think I know the answer, I wont listen and it's like going through a Filofax until I know it.

Back to Alex, this is his second mild heart attack.If he thinks he should retire - I agree with him
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Did anyone else see those really convincing pics of John Travolta and Kelly Preston kissing on the red carpet? Ick. The pasty makeup, the horrid toupee....he looks like death warmed over. Nothing like awkwardly kissing your wife in front of the press to successfully shoot down those homosexuality rumors
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I saw the pix also...so awkward.
    What happened to John? He was good looking in a quirky way and I know that age can take it's toll...but he just looks strange and has for quite awhile now.
    In cases like John and Kelly, I often think that people in the public eye who don't want to disclose their sexual preferences marry each other, knowing exactly what they're doing.
    Kelly (and others) might not be interested in sex? maybe they're best friends? Maybe it works well for each of them??
    We just don't know about these things and probably never will. Unfortunately, the public wants to know every tiny bit of info on celebs and in the present day, it's hard to hide anything like they used to do.
    I just think that if they want some things not to be known, they should probably not act out in ways that will be discovered. John seems to have been rather careless in his behavior, if this is true.

I think it's what happens when actors (and this seems to be more dramatic with men) try to look the way they did in their 30s. The too dark hair, the pasty skin (hello, Tom Selleck, I'm looking at you too!). There are enough pics of Travolta online without a toupee. I don't know why he continues the facade, especially with such a horrid toupee. It reminds me of that game for kids with the magnetic fibers where you make the face have facial hair or whatever. That's what Travolta's toupee looks like to me. It's so fakety-fake. He looked better in the pics I saw of him without the rug. He should just ditch it and go au naturale. He may have been a sex symbol in his heyday, but he's not any more.

I find men who age naturally to be much more sexy and attractive than the ones who get work done and look for artificial. I mean who's going to say Paul Newman wasn't sexy as hell in his golden years?

Whatever John and Kelly's marriage is, that's their business, but it does make me laugh when these public displays of affection are such blatant attempts to counter gossip. I feel the same way about Will and Jada Smith. If they were having so much sex, would they really need to tell reporters about it all the time? It's the old "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
    JunkieGirl and JulieAnn like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical, I think you hit the nail on the head! If you want to keep things private, then shut up!
    JulieAnn likes this.

I heard on the radio this morning that someone, either Elton John or Justin Bieber, is building a large vacation house with a landing pad in Port Dover. There goes my hopes of eventually retiring there. Wealthy bastards.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

watched that tramp Rielle today on The Talk. She is so ignorant and "um honestly" so much like Katie Irene. Why does this country glorify ignorant people with money when honest hard working people struggle so?????

+ Reply to Thread