+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667686970717273741141645641064 ... LastLast
Like Tree4948Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2181349;
    Oh.My.God.... she's joking, right? As much as I loved SATC, they are still not role models for relationships!

Dayum.... is she following Carrie, Miranda, or Samantha's lead (certainly not Charlotte!) My vote's for Samantha.
    I think all of them. I'm recalling a specific episode in which Carrie had the audacity to begrudge Aiden for, goodness forbid not trying to get her in bed after only a week of knowing eachother. Sheesh carrie!! Or when Charlotte double booked herself one night with 2 dates.

On the first, what she has said here is that it is both acceptable and normal to look to fictional characters in movies or tv shows for guidance on how to live. Since she plays some of those fictional characters, she better be willing to live up to that. The day will come when someone immitates the behavior of one of her characters - and she's said right there that it's normal and acceptable to learn how to live from fictional characters.
    She can't exactly look to her mother because the latter acts more like her best friend then her mother. She wants to hob nob with other celebs and be the "white" Oprah.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'm very sad over the death of Hanna and now Barbera: both legends in cartooning and animation. May they rest in peace.

Attachment 18883Attachment 18879Attachment 18880Attachment 18881Attachment 18882
    Last edited by misskitty; 01-08-2007 at 10:50 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'd say 95 is a pretty good age to die. Everybody "times out" eventually. He did lots of really great things that brought a lot of joy to many. I'm guessing he lived a pretty good life. The man was very blessed with talent.

Miss USA will be keeping her job. Very interesting!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-19-2006 at 11:12 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Good for Tara Conner! Beside the painfulness of watching Trump bloviate, that was a damn good press conference. It's really sad that we put artificial expectations on pageant winners, as if they're supposed to be beyond reproach to make up for the rest of us. It's not like they're Jesus or Buddha... they're real human beings with real human faults. I'm glad she was given a second chance.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

What exactly did she do to make them consider taking the crown away? I haven't read much about it...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Nothing is really clear or confirmed, but the distilled essence of the allegations have to do with partying all night at clubs and underage drinking.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    She's also heading for rehab.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Nothing is really clear or confirmed, but the distilled essence of the allegations have to do with partying all night at clubs and underage drinking.
    I know that underage kids drink all the time, but when you enter and then win a Miss USA pageant, it's part of the package that you're supposed to portray a goody image (even if that may not be who you truly are). I think they have to sign morality clauses or some such thing as well. So, while I don't condemn her for acting like a lot of other young women her age, she knowingly went into this, won a lot of recognition and perks because of her title. How difficult is it to be discreet about this for a year? Drink in your hotel room if you must. I think she's an idiot. If you want the title, abide by the rules (no matter how stupid they may be). If you want to act your age, then just be a pretty girl on campus and enjoy doing whatever you want...but don't enter these pageants.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    FYI..there's a whole thread about this in the Non-Reality section...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2182868;
    FYI..there's a whole thread about this in the Non-Reality section...
    Thanks! Maybe one of the mods will be kind enough to cut and paste these previous posts there...

Ahem.

+ Reply to Thread