+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5064Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Juicy information on Chris Brown and Drake. Apparently there was a big bar brawl last night, and a bunch of folks got hurt, including Chris Brown. Rumors are the boy are fighting over who is banging Rihanna lol. TMZ has some gruesome pictures too. Drake is saying he wasn't involved.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Juicy information on Chris Brown and Drake. Apparently there was a big bar brawl last night, and a bunch of folks got hurt, including Chris Brown. Rumors are the boy are fighting over who is banging Rihanna lol. TMZ has some gruesome pictures too. Drake is saying he wasn't involved.
    Is she back with him? if she is, she is a fool.

I shouldnt have looked at TMZ
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Enjoyed the discussion of the pros and cons of graduation songs.....for kindergartener, for gosh sakes! Personally, I think the idea of them "graduating" to be ridiculous but that's just me.
    - Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy: the timing is what it's all about, probably staged by their PR people. The last I heard was that Jenny said her boy no longer was autistic. I don't know everything about autism but I had understood that it could be managed but not cured...but I don't know for sure. Probably great inroads have been made since I studied it in college.
    - God Bless America song: not sure it's a good choice for 5/6 year olds but I have no problem with leaving in the reference to God. That's how the song was written. Why should it be changed? That's somebody's work of art/creation. To me, the song says more about our history and the men that formed this great country. At the time, they were dutiful Christians and so included their beliefs in songs, documents, currency, etc. It preserves history.
    For those who don't like it/disagree, then just don't sing that part but it's part of our history and about who we are/were.
    Although raised Catholic, I have come to dislike a lot about religion and churches. But it is important to the majority here and certainly was in our history.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    How many years have they been singing it this way?
    You do realize that we're talking about a Lee Greenwod song, right? Not "God Bless America," a tradition chorale song?

I think that the word "God" does offend some people, at least in a public shool setting. I also think the rousing Greenwood song proclaiming "and I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today" is probably inappropriate for a 5 y.o. kindergarteners to be singing.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Sorry for double posting, but just wanted to share:

James Earl Jones reading "Baby, Baby, Baby" by Justin Bieber - YouTube

Ack. It's every bit as age inappropriate as the Lee Greenwood's song.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    You do realize that we're talking about a Lee Greenwod song, right? Not "God Bless America," a tradition chorale song?

I think that the word "God" does offend some people, at least in a public shool setting. I also think the rousing Greenwood song proclaiming "and I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today" is probably inappropriate for a 5 y.o. kindergarteners to be singing.
    Nope didn't realise that. Links wont open for me on here sometimes, so I didn't read the link that someone provided
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Of course they are blaming "exhaustion and dehydration". I guess she is better now.

Lindsay Lohan Found Unconscious? Rep Says Star "Exhausted" and "Dehydrated," but "Fine" - E! Online
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post

For some reason, I got it in my head that we were talking about "God Bless America" song. Maybe because that would have been a more logical song for 5-6 year olds than Lee Greenwood's song. I like that song, makes me feel good and patriotic but for little kids??? no.
    I really don't understand the supposed "offense" some may feel about the God reference. They can ignore it. I get offended by a lot of things but so what? Who doesn't??
    That's life. We're going to be offended at times.
    Justin Bieber song is completely inappropriate for little kids.....don't care if they listen to it on Radio Disney. A school should be teaching them something other than that kind of pop culture.
    I just don't understand why a kindergarten "graduation" should have a patriot theme or a song about love (?) by a teen idol. Little kids need little kid songs.

Maybe I am old, but I remember singing songs like Hokey Pokey and This land is Your land and such when I was young
    waywyrd, JulieAnn and Poppy Fields like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lindsay Lohan is one person who is definitely not worth all of the attention that people want to give her. My fellow human beings can make me soooo ashamed. She's just not worth it, people.
    Florimel, AmyKay and tapper01 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread