+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4602Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Maybe the child's dad should be ashamed of himself, too. He should be doing his OWN job.
    ness and Shoepie like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Maybe the child's dad should be ashamed of himself, too. He should be doing his OWN job.
    I agree with you. He probably isn't in movies, and it wouldn't create any buzz for her( or her new show )
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

We don't know that John Asher is not involved in his son's life. A lot of people - even actors, which he is - like to keep that stuff private OR they don't feel the need to call a press conference to announce that they're parenting their child.

I know Jenny has said that he had issues with her "curing" Evan of autism. I can't fault him for that. I think she's a bit of a crackpot too, although I know people who've tried her diet "cure" and said there was some improvement. She's also said several years ago that things with John are good.

Jenny and Jim lived together for many years and he was a part of Evan's life on a daily basis. Then he just disappeared. That would be tough for any kid to deal with, but for a child with autism - and routine is SO important for them - it's got to be even more confusing and disruptive. I don't think it's out of bounds for Jenny to wish Jim would attempt to maintain some kind of contact with Evan.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It was 5 years. Then they split up, I think it would be harder on the child having Jim popping in and out. I think she is out of line. Especially if she doesn't bother to ask Jim herself, but goes via their friends. I find that peculiar. If they didn't have an amicable break up, and she is calling him out on a radio show, I don't think Jim owes her or her child anything.

I have never seen Asher with his child, perhaps he's there, perhaps not.I think he's the one that should be the permanent fixture in the boy's life.
    prhoshay likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Saw this on Facebook just moments ago:

Lindsay Lohan Hospitalized After Car Crash: Report - ABC News
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    This is from HuffPost handing out a little PR on her Glamour cover and article. She's not exactly gushing. It reads like being competitive is one of the only things they have in common.

Julianne Hough Glamour: Actress Talks Ryan Seacrest Relationship
    Thanks for posting this link. This is just more bad PR. How perfect to say they find it difficult get together because they are so competitive and busy. I am not buying this.

I don't care about his sexuality but this fascinates me in that it continues to be so poorly executed!

FORT Fogey

When are hair extentions going to go away? I am here watching E! news and every single woman has them. Every clip. They all look exactly the same. Same looooooong curls hanging down past their breasts.

Good for Miley Cryus for taking hers off and wearing hair just above her shoulders recently. It was refreshing to see. Cameraon Diaz looked great in her short bob but it seems she is growing it out again. Can I hope she will stop at her shoulders?

Anyone else tired of this loooooooong look?
    prhoshay likes this.

I'm fairly certain this is one of the signs of the apocalypse:
    Justin Bieber's "Baby" Replaces "God Bless the USA" for New York School's Graduation Ceremony

Mon., Jun. 11, 2012 8:02 PM PDT by Bruna Nessif

This is taking Bieber fever to another level.

Greta Hawkins, school principal at Public School No. 90 in Brooklyn, made the decision today to scrap playing Lee Greenwood's patriotic "God Bless the USA" during the kindergarten graduation ceremony because it might "offend other cultures."

So what does she conclude won't offend anyone? Justin Bieber's "Baby," of course.

We're not sure if these youngsters are Bieber fans, but some officials are not supporting Hawkins' idea.

"When a Justin Bieber song is deemed an appropriate substitute for a song about patriotism and love of country, what message are we sending our youth?" Rep. Michael Grimm said in a statement. "It's time we stop letting our political correctness destroy our values and American traditions, and start embracing the exceptional people and cultures that make our country great."

Maybe next year, the little graduates will sing "Boyfriend" or Bieber's latest hit featuring Big Sean "As Long As You Love Me."

Start practicing your falsetto now, kids.
    Justin Bieber's "Baby" Replaces "God Bless the USA" for New York School's Graduation Ceremony - E! Online

I'm going to go put my head down now.
    Little Sew&Sew and jucamer like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Why is god bless the USA suddenly wrong? who is it upsetting? and why ? If you don't like to be in the USA, leave.

JB is a Canadian ! SMH
    mom2 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Why is god bless the USA suddenly wrong? who is it upsetting? and why ? If you don't like to be in the USA, leave.
    I would assume that it is the "God bless" part, not the USA part.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread