+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I've always been convinced that Rocco DiSpirito is gay.

And how stupid that Miley Cyrus is wanting to get married at 19! Her brain isn't even "fully cooked" (a Judge Judy-ism) until she's about 25. Somebody gimme a break!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yeah, I don't buy Ryan and Julianna either. Every time I try to buy it, I can't forget the story that came out a few years ago about some actress that he made a date with to meet at a park. She showed up. He showed up and sat down with her on a bench. He then suddenly kissed her on the lips. She was shocked and confused. Thing is they were being photographed. Ryan had given the media the tip to be there so they could catch it. Obviously, it was to show that he liked females. The actress said she never heard from him again. Now that is bizarre. I'll try to find a link. I can't recall who the actress was. Does anyone recall?
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, I don't buy Ryan and Julianna either. Every time I try to buy it, I can't forget the story that came out a few years ago about some actress that he made a date with to meet at a park. She showed up. He showed up and sat down with her on a bench. He then suddenly kissed her on the lips. She was shocked and confused. Thing is they were being photographed. Ryan had given the media the tip to be there so they could catch it. Obviously, it was to show that he liked females. The actress said she never heard from him again. Now that is bizarre. I'll try to find a link. I can't recall who the actress was. Does anyone recall?
    Pretty sure it was Teri Hatcher. I remember, at the time, thinking that it seemed like a weird pairing.

It would surprise me if Ryan is gay. I don't like him gay or straight, although I'd have more respect for him if he'd drop the subterfuge.

Julianne is Mormon, so I wonder if being a beard is a way of remaining chaste but still raising her profile in the business, since Ryan is well known.
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I thought the same thing about her being Mormon. They are supposed to wait to get married for sex. Of course, not eveyone follows that rule. LOL

It was Terry Hatcher who met Ryan for that staged kiss. Here's a link:

Teri Hatcher: Ryan Ended Things - Teri Hatcher : People.com

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've always been convinced that Rocco DiSpirito is gay.

And how stupid that Miley Cyrus is wanting to get married at 19! Her brain isn't even "fully cooked" (a Judge Judy-ism) until she's about 25. Somebody gimme a break!!
    Kids all think they're fully "grown up" & mature at 18-19. They think being legal adults makes them mature. Then about 25-26 they realize they were just kids & knew nothing. At least, hopefully they do. Some take a little longer.
    Miley has already shown many times, her immaturity.

I wish them well & hope it sticks, but I have a feeling it's the first of many.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I thought the same thing about her being Mormon. They are supposed to wait to get married for sex. Of course, not everyone follows that rule. LOL
    Since she has lived with, what is the count now, two, three(?) fiancee's, I'm guessing she isn't exactly following that particular admonition.

I used to really like her during her first season on DWTS (especially since we basically have the same name) but the more I learned about her the more I moved her into the "grasping and climbing wannabe starlet" category. I wasn't exactly surprised when she became Ryan's beard. They both got what they wanted...doors were opened for her and he got a live-in "girlfriend."

Boy, that sounds snarky and judgemental, doesn't it. I grew up around The Industry (still have a BIL in it) so I probably have a more cynical view than most people about the "magic of Hollywood."

FORT Fanatic

Drat. I went to edit my post because it was just too mean sounding and I guess I missed the window of opportunity. My apologies for being so snarky.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

It is your privilege to be snarky and ours to enjoy it. Snark away!
    ness and Hyper like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Fort Member

I remember seeing an interview with Sophie Monk (definitely a wanna be starlet)
    She dated Ryan for a little while, she said that she had to
    schedule dates with him through his assistant and it would be exactly to the minute
    For example if it was a dinner date it would be scheduled for
    7.25pm till 7.52pm and he would leave exactly at that time she said it was because he was a very busy man
    I thought how unromantic
    I have just never forgiven him for the Kardashians
    Debb70 likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    I have just never forgiven him for the Kardashians
    I've always liked Ryan, but that is unforgiveable.

Jenny McCathy calls out Jim Carrey

I find this story really sad. The timing is a little suspect, but what does she expect? As a single mother it is her job to protect her child and this situation is one of the biggest risks when you have a child. Especially an autistic child. While it would be nice that Evan could still spend time with Jim, it's not exactly realistic. You dump a guy and then expect him to turn around and still visit with your kid? Don't think so.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread