+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3916Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Apparently, I can take 27 Biebers in a fight: How many Justin Biebers could you take in a fight? Quiz - The Oatmeal
    I'm a wimp, I guess...I could only take 16 ;-)

(But I still love The Oatmeal!)

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Looks like JavaJo is one tough mother-Bieber! LOL
    JavaJo likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Shut Your Mouth!! (old tv series reference ... )

I could take 26
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I'm a 26-Bieber fighting machine. I'm sure I'll be able to take on more following a little high-kick practice.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Looks like JavaJo is one tough mother-Bieber! LOL
    I'm the mother of three rough and tumble boys. I've had lots of practice at kicking teeny-bopper ass!
    JunkieGirl and JulieAnn like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

CCL

Man, I got 12.

I do hate when they show paparazzi swarming cars...it's dangerous and stupid.
    Florimel likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

26. *flexes biceps* In fairness, I was willing to use his severed limbs as weapons, or was it a body shield? I took a Facebook quiz a year or two ago that said I would also survive at least a year in the zombie apocolypse.

My 9-year-old asked if I would take her to the Bieber concert coming to our town in the fall. I think I had better not tell her my quiz results.
    Arielflies and JulieAnn like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Just further proof of Kathie Lee Gifford's status as a complete and total clod:
    Kathie Lee Gifford asks Martin Short about his wife ... two years after her death

In one of the most cringe-worthy moments in recent TV history, “Today Show” co-host Kathie Lee Gifford peppered funny man Martin Short with questions about his wife and their marriage Wednesday — not realizing she was dead.

And later, Gifford tweeted an apology.

Short, 62, was on the show to promote his new film “Madagascar 3.”

He listened calmly as Gifford asked, “And you and Nancy have one of the greatest marriages of anybody in show business. How many years now for you guys?”

Without skipping a beat, the 62-year-old actor answered, “We ... have ... married ... 36 years.”

Gifford, 58, plowed on.

“But you are still like, in love?”

“Madly in love, madly in love,” Short repeated.

“Why?” Gifford continued.

“Cute, I’m cute,” answered Short before co-host Hoda Kotb finally interjected, “That is true.”

Gifford wasn’t done.

Gifford certainly was in no laughing mood after the show when she was found out that Short was a widower — his beloved wife Nancy Dolman succommbed to ovarian cancer in 2010 at the age of 58.

So she Gifford to took to Twitter to say she was sorry: “I send my sincerest apologies to @MartinShort and his family,” she wrote, using the micro-blogging shorthand. “He handled situation w/enormous grace and kindness and I’m so grateful.”

Indeed. Short quickly cut Gifford some slack.

His spokeswoman told The Daily News: “Marty never even addressed it with us, he just moved right along. We appreciate if everyone else might do the same so as not to make a huge deal about it either.”

NBC officials did not return several requests for comment.

Short isn’t the first star to be asked about a deceased spouse. In a 2009 interview on “The View,” Elizabeth Hasselbeck asked actor Stanley Tucci if his recently deceased wife has seen his new film, “The Lovely Bones.”

Much like Gifford, Hasselbeck took to Twitter after the show to apologize to Tucci.

“It was an honest mistake with stanley tucci today & i called him to apologize,” she wrote. “He forgave me (such grace)- if only i could forgive myself...”
    Kathie Lee Gifford asks Martin Short about his wife ... two years after her death - NY Daily News

Why am I not surprised that Hasselbeck made a similar mistake?

Kudos to Martin Short for handling the situation with class. How is it that people who work in the media and see these stories as a part of their jobs don't pay attention to this stuff? The story about Martin's wife passing was pretty widely covered. Was KLG just drunk and missed it?
    cablejockey and Florimel like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Is that a trick question, Crit?
    JulieAnn and Coco46 like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Just further proof of Kathie Lee Gifford's status as a complete and total clod:
    Kathie Lee Gifford asks Martin Short about his wife ... two years after her death - NY Daily News

Why am I not surprised that Hasselbeck made a similar mistake?

Kudos to Martin Short for handling the situation with class. How is it that people who work in the media and see these stories as a part of their jobs don't pay attention to this stuff? The story about Martin's wife passing was pretty widely covered. Was KLG just drunk and missed it?
    Don't they read up on the person before the interview??? Geeshh!
    cablejockey likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread