+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5270Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I hear people say so and so should come out of the closet, we know he/she is gay. Exactly how do "we" know this person is gay? Maybe he/she really isn't.
    They don't know.I swear the ultimate goal of the gossip rags , is to see how miserable they can makes one life.
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    That is what I said, if he was coming on (again these are allegations but if they are true) to a woman and he is married it would be wrong.

Jim Parsons is a cutie. I actually have a slight crush on him. I don't care, gay or straight!!!
    IIRC back when Rosie O'Donnell had her daytime show she made it quite clear that she'd always had a crush on Donny Osmond. Gay or straight, crushes are perfectly normal.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Speaking of the newly-out.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...r-partner.html

Again, not really news but it would be hard to keep the new insta-family a secret. I follow Jillian Michaels closely and I didn't know she was in a long-term relationship, but I did know she has been actively pursuing the adoption of this little girl & had been referring to her as "my daughter" for a while. Now she has a son as well. Best wishes to the new family.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I never knew Jillian was seeing anyone, either. I'm glad her adoption finally went through. You know those children will NOT be eating crap out of McDonald's!
    libgirl2 and Fanny Mare like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I never knew Jillian was seeing anyone, either. I'm glad her adoption finally went through. You know those children will NOT be eating crap out of McDonald's!

That's for sure! LOL
    I am so happy for them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Kathy Griffin horrifies me. From her face that never moves, to her dirty mouth, and I find her humor unappealing .She's Joan Rivers lite.I think she says the things he wishes he could. I honestly thought she was a male dressed as a women when I first saw her. I like Anderson on CNN I just don't care for his daytime shtick, which despite poor ratings was renewed.

Jimmy Kimmel is hilarious!
    Hahaha@face that never moves! On a really good day I can tolerate Kathy. New Year's was fun, because her schtick is all about embarrassing Anderson. He is such an easy target though. I don't think he wishes he could say those things that she does. I'm sure he is no angel, but I just don't think he could ever get as nasty as Kathy. That's why I'm so fascinated by Kathy's friendship with Anderson and his mom. Could 3 people be more opposite?

I've seen a couple of articles saying that Kelly Preston has moved out of the family home. Nothing really legit yet. Apparently she is humiliated. Why now though? Rumours have been around for years about John's sexuality. I'm not sure if he is or not, but why would someone who was join Scientology?

Why don't actors come out with their true nature? It seems to me that women can come out and still be seen as a sex symbol and the object of men's desires in movies but the same cannot be said for male actors. I don't think a gay male is seen as the action hero or lover or is not convincing in those roles, especially by other men. Same is true in real life. Not as many people object to two women showing affection/holding hands/kissing in public, the same cannot be said for males doing this. I don't understand the double standards. Gay is gay.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl
    ...Why don't actors come out with their true nature? It seems to me that women can come out and still be seen as a sex symbol and the object of men's desires in movies but the same cannot be said for male actors. I don't think a gay male is seen as the action hero or lover or is not convincing in those roles, especially by other men. Same is true in real life. Not as many people object to two women showing affection/holding hands/kissing in public, the same cannot be said for males doing this. I don't understand the double standards. Gay is gay.
    Perhaps because they are not burning with the desire to disclose this?

Actors owe us nothing in terms of their personal life stories. They may leak tidbits every so often when it serves them to, but they owe the public no information about their personal busines, no matter how much of a feeding frenzy the gossip rags chum up.

Or, however much said frenzy piques our curiosity. John Travolta's sexual orientation isn't something he is somehow obliged to share with us, or comment upon when the gossip press focuses on it.

I don't believe in outing people against their will. I believe the right to privacy supercedes the public's need to know, or the gay community's need for validation.
    dagwood, captain, Florimel and 6 others like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Of course, no actor or public figure is obliged to come out if they don't want to. However, I have a lot less respect for someone who creates a whole structure of lies that involves multiple people to keep the lie hidden. There are plenty of people who just quietly live their lives and don't come out and that's totally cool. When you involve a spouse and various beards to keep up the lie, that's when I don't have respect because what that says to me - whether it's the intended message or not - is that there's something wrong with being gay. I guess I have a problem with people who are working SO hard to prove to everyone that they're straight.

Frankly, I wonder if someone who is lying about a basic fact about themselves can be a truly good actor. I think acting - even though it's inherently about pretending - is about being honest. I question whether someone can open themselves up emotionally on screen, stage, whatever, if they're lying about who the are.

All I know is that if I was gay, I just could not expend all that energy covering up who I am. Life's too short.
    JunkieGirl and Coco46 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Perhaps some people truly are bisexual. I personally respect everyone's right to live his or her life as seems right for them as long as they are not doing things that are illegal. I really don't feel it has much to do with acting talent. Some actors reach deep down inside to get what they need. That's the method school and some use it, others don't. Some just research a role or invent a back story for the character and role with that. Some rely heavily on the director to guide their performance. Just different approaches, in my opinion.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The British system is to play from the skin, the method system is to play from the gut. John Travolta has always been a weird duck, gay or not.

I'm more comfortable when people can be themselves. Years and years ago, gay friends would tell of actors who attended their parties, but the whispers were few and mostly silent. Gay Pride, sometimes seen as stridently political, at least has given this community an identity and an openness not possible 30-40 years ago.
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread